kithas

So... Reborn City is a huge city, specially considering what we've seen in the main games so far (I haven't played the main games for a while but I think it still is kind of the thing) and not only that, but it has different wards, each one with its own distinct atmosphere or feeling, for example on the Onyx Ward you've got the Onyx Trainer School and the Arcade, just next to the Lapis Ward you can go to the 7th street... And, well, while I was busy going through the city, doing sidequests and all, my roleplaying brain wondered about something: When would I choose to live if I were to be in Reborn?

So, that's it, Where would you choose to be if you happened to be a regular inhabitant of the region? (Evidently it doesnt have to end with Reborn, maybe you prefer how the do it on Calcenon, or maybe Spinel town... And, although that would be strange, also speaking of pre/post renovation I think)

For me I just think I would prefer the Beryl ward, I'm not so social as to need to go downtown so much, and the proximity of the Rhodochrine Jungle and the mountain would be pretty nice

PD: I hope it's in the right place and not repeated or something, haha

• Upvote 1

Hard to say, really. A lot of the region has either been affected by the disaster or is badly banged up because of team meteor. 

I like my peace and quiet, so probably not agate circus.

Surprisingly enough, the Onyx ward seems to be one of the least affected areas before the mc's involvement. 

Despite it being Fern's former turf, i'd probably shack up here.

See this is why my headcanon for my player character was that they tried to take a train out of Reborn, rather than arriving there.

I think I'd quite enjoy Calcenon or Ametrine City. I much prefer colder temperature ranges, so if there's lots of snow that's perfect. Ametrine is also nicely secluded, not too much going on there we'll discreetly ignore starvation, pulse accidents, child kidnappings and meteor attacks and it's gorgeous up there. +1 for the pretty winter wonderland.
Can't think of a more ideal fantasy than living in a small house surrounded by trees in near-eternal snow.

But I could also imagine living in Spinel once the after-effects of the Abra incident wear off. It's a very snug little town, I'd love living in a forest village.

The Onyx Ward sounds nice to me. School is always fun, and despite being Fern's spot of residence, I'd be pretty excited to get in his way and mess around with him. Who knows, maybe I could force him to leave earlier than he does in the current story.

one of these for rejuv

There are so many nice places in Reborn that, if it weren't for the general badness of the events in the region, would be great to live in.

Calcenon and Ametrine City are both nice places that are in the cooler region. Same with Agate City up in the mountains. 

In the actual Reborn City, I think I would have to go with somewhere in Beryl or Coral Wards.

also tbh if it were easily accessible to things to make me not die and not so hot; somewhere in the Teknite region, gorgeous cliffs and caves.

Ametrine must be gorgeous and since I like being a bit closer to heaven, in the mountains, it's a good candidate. Isolation and constant snow might be exhausting to me tough. Summer house somewhere deep in Iolia Valley, that's for sure. And a spacious apartment in one of the tall buildings in Lapis or Beryl, with a view to the shore. What, why I couldn't be a rich bounty or treasure hunter, diving for the goldies in the lake, searching the peaks and the forests for a reward?

Most of old reborn is a shithole let's be honest. I think onyx ward would be the most fun though and probably the safest. Worst you have to deal with is what, Fern and his posse?  There's a little roof garden too and it's close to obsidia which is where I figure most would do their shopping. Come to think of it it's the only ward that didn't get utterly wrecked somehow.

Outside reborn proper, probably agate or spinel town. Actually the museum seems cool so Spinel town.  It's close to the forest too and just seems pleasant even pre-reconstruction

For neo reborn, maybe I'd move to obsidia, assuming the slums get fixed. Lots of job opportunity and the park is pretty nice now,  plus you can go eat at the SPYCE.

Well, obviously living in a half destroyed derelict city wouldn't attract anybody (that's what Team Meteor wanted, even) so I tried to aim the question overall at the Wards after resoration lol

If it had to be outside the city proper I also think I would like it in Spinel, surrounded by the forest by one side and Tanzan mountain by he other, the Museum would be a great place and, well, even the Abra shenanigans could be seen as funny (?)

Yeah as far as the ruined Reborn, I feel like people are more or less forced to live there due to money issues or other entities (like team Meteor).  I would have to live close to Julia's gym, so Peridot Ward in old Reborn. I am a qualified electrician, people need power, and Julia's gym is the only power plant that isn't infested with team Meteor.  Coral Ward is the dream place, after Reborn is restored, Peridot is where I can be most useful.