[IC]TotMG:LF The Lost City of Pandtlantis

StormLord

"Ehehehehehehehehe....  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Zoe giggles in Stella's face, before escalating to loud, mildly off-kilter maniacal cackling, "U mad bro?  If not, I can fix that!  I can make up cool sounding stuff I did once too!  I ate a hummer in one sitting!  I took the Saltines Challenge and survived!  I slew a scorpion made of magma and bathed in its sulfurous ichor!  I punched Gilgamesh in the face and l didn't die!  Wait, I actually did that last one, that doesn't count.  And I probably could bathe in a magma scorpion's magma blood if I ever found one to try it with...  Off topic off topic!  

"Wait, betray my allies?  Never!"  The wizard's head whips around with manic, twitchy speed as her eyes fix on Akihiro, "I'd never betray my allies!  First.  Then they might betray me back!  That's just counter-productive.  If you're going to betray somebody, you should just attack them the moment you meet them.  Otherwise you're wasting everybody's time and that's just poor manners.  I'm sure nobody here is rude, right?"

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akihiro takes a step back.  In fact, he takes a few steps back.

This may have been a mistake.

"I do not betray my allies, no."  He quickly says conservatively.

He supposes that is the most diplomatic way to put it, minutes after being caught for betraying one's village.

Well, wasn't this just peachy. Star Bitch was lashing out at people left and right, and actually fired on Jack. Space Witch was obviously, dangerously unhinged, and seemed to be on the edge of violence - against a kid, no less. Her weapon being mostly assembled already, she casually clicked the last part into place, then snapped into a firing position and let off two laser bursts, at a medium intensity she liked to refer to as "lightly crisped." Not lethal unless you were being inventively horrible with your usage of the weapon, but generally enough to knock someone over and give them a good sting. The first one was aimed at Stella, the second at Zoe; Stella seemed slightly faster on the draw, and she didn't want to risk being disarmed (in a possibly more literal sense) before she got her second shot off.

Zoe's hand flies to the hilt of her sword even as Scarlet's goes to her gun.  Sword and gun go up at exactly the same time, and even as Scarlet fires the blade's tip snakes out and deflects the blast into the ceiling.  This of course leaves Zoe with no defense from the second blast which nails her right in the side of the head, sending her staggering across the cabin.  She doesn't lose her grip on her sword, until the other side of her head collides with the luggage rack, sending blade and wizard clattering to the ground.

"No thanks, sir or madam," Zoe slurs miserably, face down on the deck, "I'll take my pint of concrete to go.  I've got an appointment..."

Hirata meanwhile, seemed to not mind Stella's outburst at all, as she realized that not only did someone want her to explain what a robot is, they also had nowhere else to go...and they were a ninja as well of course.

She took a series of very deep breaths as she looked around the spaceship for a specific example, ending up pointing directly at the loaderbots before she practically yelled out, "Robots are just the most amazing things in the world! Like, that's the robot that carried me here," she turned to point at T1 before she continued with, "that's a smaller robot I guess, a giant hydraulic arm that welds things together is a robot, a humanoid maid that does all of your vacuum cleaning and dishes for you would have been a robot if they hadn't chosen the small disk instead...."

Jack started slightly as Scarlet evidently had enough and fired off two shots, one of which was interrupted and the other of which nailed its target... evidently nonlethally. Jack guessed that she really wasn’t kidding about those stunners. If he’d been a more resigned or reasonable person, he’d have sighed, but instead he just looked at Stella, and proceeded to pull his pistol out of his holster with his other hand, the good one, while making a bloody finger-gun at Stella with the other, bleeding more on the floor in the process. ”I’m thinking I like this chick’s style better. Not gonna shootcha unless you blast her too, but if you do, well, you know.”

Jack watched the ongoing fighting with a smile that wasn't actually a smile. He took a deep breath before walking over to the now unconscious woman and wafting his grog under her nose, hoping the smell would get her back in working order again. He doesn't see fit to acknowledge the ongoing showdown even as he walks straight through the middle of the people pointing weapons at each other.

T1-N

For the most part, T1 has begun to focus entirely on the terminal, figuring out how the vehicle itself operated. And for the most part, he was... Somewhat disappointed. He had seen CIS ships more complex than this. Ah well, it would make it easier to-

BANG BANG

Instantly, T1-N snapped around, his hand flying to his rifle as he saw Scarlet fire at Stella and Zoe, the 'space wizard' managing to deflect one of the shots before going down. Clearly, he should have been paying more attention. And clearly, the galaxy was against letting him have a semi-normal group to work with. Or perhaps all fleshbags were like this.

With a sigh though, T1 removed his hand from his rifle, turning slightly to the Loader Bot, "Approximate time of arrival to our destination?"

"Yes, I am familiar with what a robot is."

"To clarify, Which of those robots you mentioned are you referring to in the context of your own talents?"

He says, slightly insulted at her tone, but still hungry for information.

After all... He's never SEEN robots before, outside of literature.

"Well, I've always wanted to make humanoid robots and giant mecha, so I kinda focused on designing and making those in college, but there isn't really a demand for those after the wars so...I mostly modify appliances these days to be self operating...," she pouts a little and looks away from Akihito for a moment, grumbling something under her breath with a disappointed look in her face before she suddenly snaps back to attention with, "Bbut I can make bigger stuff as well, if I had the time and materials that is.."

"Hmm.  Then I guess we are both washed up."

He says to hirata's face, not realizing that he has not only compared her to a ten year old, but also called her washed up.

"We will need to work with the group to cover for our deficiencies."  He nods affirmatively.

Hirata pouts at Akihiro after she heard his response, letting out a slight whine before she said, "I'm not washed upppp, I still have all of my designs with me, it's just that everyone else wants dull stuffs like circular vacuum cleaners or movement assisting exoskeletons made out of boring old solid rods and hydraulics, and they wouldn't even let me add buzzsaws or nanobots to it or anything, because it's 'too complex' or it's 'too creepy to have the vacuum cleaner consume biological matter as another way to recharge itself'."

She let out a huff and stretched out her hand, causing her backpack to slide her drawing tablet over to it while she waved at the loaderbots and T1's direction and said, "I want to make kūru robots like those, except even kūrā, but everyone just wants me to build a better mouse trap or something else's that's damu. Bluh, I need some batteries and metal or something, then I can show you."

"Where are you keeping them?"

Despite Akihiro's best guesses, he doesn't see anywhere on her person where the papers could be kept.  Especially for something as obviously complicated as a robot.

This annoys him slightly, because he'd really quite like to look at them.

Vepr-12 glared at the kerfuffle unfolding a few steps away from her with a certain kind of dread. This party had worse synergy than some high school freshmen assigned to their first group project. Once the stun shots wear off, the fight would most certainly reignite shortly after, and it would definitely happen at an inappropriate time.

And then of course the pirate Jack had the genius idea of waking up Zoe already. At this rate, they'd be flying half a ship into the space station.

"Oi, Cap'n Frosty, would you do us all a favor and keep her quiet until we get to somewhere where they can murder each other without threatening our lives?" She yelled at the pirate Jack in protest.

Jack rolls his eyes at that, mostly to himself since he didn't bother looking up at the comment. When he does turn he seems rather annoyed. "I think you should be lecturing these three, given none of them can keep their fingers off the triggers until the job is done. It's like when I had a contract to work with guy who dealt in slaves. I didn't say nothin' to him if it weren't necessary the entire time we worked together and then once the job was done... Well I suppose you can guess what I did."

As soon as the guns went up Stella moved up a hand, her focus taken away from Zoe as she prevented her from getting shot then took a blow herself, shortly followed by the one jack she hit aiming up again.

As when she was waking up the nerdy girl a galaxy looking thing forms in front of her hand, but its a bit bigger then the one before.

Stella glares and slowly, in a restrained fashion delivers her threat.
"The next person...who points a gun at me. Is getting blasted into space, lack of an airlock be damned." 

Damnit. Well, Walker was either not quite as unhinged as Scarlet had initially believed, or far, far moreso - she almost regretted stunning her. "Yeah, talk shit about me, bud, make yourself feel better about knowing I'm right." Damn pirates. All of them thought they were immortal and that they were the only ones that mattered; Scarlet had simply been slightly more correct in her time. And then came the threats. She'd been threatened before, by people a lot more intimidating than Star Bitch here. In response to Stella's words, Scarlet simply fired another set of lasers in her direction now that Zoe was out of commission for the moment, already moving to avoid the counterstrike as she continued to lay down fire. 

"Oh that hurt a lot more than I was expecting it to," Zoe groans, rolling over and levering herself into a seated position, scooping her sword up with one hand as she prods at her abused skull with the other.  "Seeing what's coming doesn't tell you how much it's going to suck.  Thanks for the offer, Jack, but no thanks.  I don't think anyone here wants to see me on hard liquor.  Take notes, future me.  Don't get shot by that agai-  Oh no.  Nonono.  Please tell me those void-suckers aren't still shooting at each other.  And is that a spellbomb?

"Y'all are at least as stupid as I am!" She shouts in Scarlet and Stella's general direction, before wincing, "Frikkin ow!  What the heck was that riot gun loaded with?  Rock salt and hy-no-three?"  She gropes around her belt and comes up with a flask, which she takes a small sip from.  Vapor rises from her wounds, which transition from raw and painful-looking to days-old in seconds.  "What kind of rational adult goes straight from bragging to riot rounds, grenades, and whatever the slag that boom spell was that shook the ship?  How am I the sane one here?  There are many things wrong with this situation!  Hey, wait a sec, if you guys shot me for what I said, that must mean I was right, because you couldn't refute my words!  I knew you'd come around!"

Unfortunately for scarlet, Stella was both used to being shot at, and there was little space to move.
But fortunately Stella was to stunned by the fact Scarlet was ACTUALY DARRING TO FIRE after her threat, to react. She narrowly dodges the first shot right before the second collides with her bomb, disrupting it and causing it to disperse harmlessly before she gets a chance to fire it. The laser shot, having been stable enough to mostly survive continues on and nails the flying goddess in the stomach.

As soon as it hits she lets out a sound somewhere between a surprised "Oof" and "Nhgg" and goes crashing to the floor. Though she does not appear to have been burned in any way, it certainly did SOMETHING. She has the look of someone who's fairly pissed, but is too surprised and busy trying to catch up with what just happened to actualy respond.

As the other mercenary began taking shots at the egotistical "goddess", Jack muttered, "Well shit, if we're gonna be having a fight I wanna fuckin' win it," to himself, and slapped at something on his suit, causing a blue shield to flare up briefly before said shield faded into invisibility. Thankfully, the other mercenary's blasts did a number on the wannabe Vanu-like cult-worship-recipient, and that made Jack's job a lot easier. He got up out of his seat, his pistol still trained on Stella, and he crouched down over her, one foot on her stomach, pistol pointed at her forehead while he slowly withdrew his knife from the other hand and held it, lightly enough not to draw any blood, to Stella's throat -- though the blood from his own wound made a small puddle by her neck. "Now then. You won't find this very easy to just blast away. I'm gonna say it again; you gonna cut this shit out? You're pretty much fucked if you don't, at this point. Overshield." The voice command caused another shield to pop up over him, one that stayed visible, glowing brightly in the confines of the ship, one that Stella could feel pressing lightly against her -- a much more solid nanite mesh.

Scarlet almost raised an eyebrow. Star Bitch was faster than she'd initially thought, but evidently still not faster than light. She drew closer, but unlike Jack, stayed just far enough away that she couldn't lose control of her weapon to an errant sweep of a limb. "I'd be perfectly happy to continue shooting, myself. If you notice by the lack of holes in you, I'm not exactly trying to kill you, but by all means, if you want to continue to provide entertainment. . ." Not that she actually enjoyed torturing people, but she found that the threat of it could make people cooperative. Damaging the woman's ego was enough for her. Unfortunately, Walker was up again, which meant that Scarlet would continue to hear her complaints for the near future. She replied without taking her focus off of Stella. "I shot you because you got the dangerous kind of twitchy while you were talking to a kid. If you would prefer I avoid doing so in the future, avoid threatening minors in my presence." As if she realized how overly formal she was being, she added a final "You goddamn lunatic." The mercenary briefly glanced between Zoe, Stella, and Jack. "Now, can we go back to being friends stuffed in the same uncomfortable metal box, or are you going to continue to be an active hostile?"

18 hours ago, Hal Henderics said:

"Where are you keeping them?"

Despite Akihiro's best guesses, he doesn't see anywhere on her person where the papers could be kept.  Especially for something as obviously complicated as a robot.

This annoys him slightly, because he'd really quite like to look at them.

Hirata started to hum along to some anime opening no one else could hear as she booted up her drawing tablet and swiftly typed in it's password, smiling a little as she started to flick through it'a gallery, "Weeeeell, if you want to see them then I don't mind if you borrow my tablet for a while...just don't look at anything in the stuffs folder alright?."

"I-what?  I said if I wanted somebody dead I'd attack them on sight instead of waiting to stab them in the back later.  I haven't attacked any of you.  So you shot me before I could betray you later and stab a kid in the back despite me specifically stating I wasn't going to do that?"  Zoe snorts, "And they call me crazy.  I am, but not like that.  What kind of scum-suckers do you-  Wait, no, don't answer that.  I think it's possible I might already know the answer.  Still, there's gotta be a better way-  Wait, no there isn't.  After the treatment we got, there's no way 'Handsome Jack's' HR department is anything other than terribly incompetent."

With Jack's boot on her Stella wouldn't be able to move, and his knife would prevent a normal person from resisting. Pressed against the floor there was nowhere to back up to...for a mere mortal.

Spoiler

Training: 15 vs 20, Quality: 52, Random Blitz: 27,
Stella gains the following:

Odd Blink: The user swaps places with the nearest humanoid. Cooldown of one round.

But by preforming a variation of the Warp ability and swapping places with jack she should be able to get off the floor and back up. Its a good thing she wasn't actualy being held, just pinned.

Once the Warp is done, Stella will immediately move to back off, backing away from the knife and, in the event that jack winds up facing up towards her jerk to the side to avoid getting shot if his first instinct is to fire.

Stella begins to shift and blur for a moment before snapping back into position.  She almost immediately comes to the horrifying realization that she is the nearest humanoid, not Jack.
Now she's in the same position as before, only out of options and having just tried to cast a spell and Jack *knows* it.