Preparation for the finale!

Ulti

Apologies. Pictures will not be provided. Everything i try to upload is apparently too big. ......Stop snickering!

Anyways, i've recently dealt with Hardy and his rock slide spamming....ahem. Again, sorry. I've beaten hardy and finished episode 18. 

And now, as a good few of you have done already,  I'm forging a team to prepare for the hell that amethyst and the dev teams are sure to have waiting in the finale.

Now, seeing as we can only theorize what we're going to be facing. People are saying that the last gym coming up will be a dragon type gym. We only know about 2 of the elite 4 members. 

And how the champion battle is going to play out is still up in the air. 

And then the ensuing fight with Lin and arceus. Or.....possibly PULSE arceus. 

(Shudders )....

So this setup is not final. But so far, i think its pretty good.  Oh, and i won't be showing evs or ivs either. Cause I'm too lazy to go into that atm. Lol . 

Slot #1 

Xeno/Meowstic

Type: Psychic

Lv:90 

Ability : Prankster 

Nature: Bold

Held item: Light Clay

Shiny: No

Fake Out, Light Screen, Reflect, Signal Beam 

In all honesty, the nickname fits its pre-evolution better with that blank stare. I know that klefki is the better choice when utilizing prankster, but chances are we're going to be doing refights against Sirius, Dr.Conner and the like. And they like to use Earthquake. 

Even with screens up, that's still a good chunk of hp. So might as well have my support role filled with this little guy instead.

Slot#2:Taka/Garchomp

Type: Dragon/Ground

Lv:92

Ability: Rough Skin

Nature: Adamant 

Held item: Dragonium Z

Stomping Tantrum, Stealth Rock, Iron Head, Draco Meteor

After what happened along the Reshiram route, you know i had to bring this guy. Like seriously, this route is f***ed. Doesn't help that one of my favorite games is Persona 4, who's main story point is seeking out the truth! I'll go more into my feelings on this in a separate post. 

Nothing much else to say about him. Stomping Tantrum because earthquake sucks to use in doubles, Stealth Rock for chip damage, iron head for fairies, and the last slot just because. 

Slot#3: Capt.Falcon/Blaziken

Type: Fire/Fighting 

Ability : Speed Boost

Nature: Jolly

Held item : Black Belt/ Ghost gem

Shiny:No

Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Flare Blitz, Bulk up

That's right. I went easy mode. Lol.

Seriously though, it was a good while since i picked this game up. I wanted an edge on this run. Bulk up+Speed Boost every turn makes for a dangerous physical attacker.

I added Shadow Claw for coverage. Unless the foe used a psychic type first before giving me a chance to set up, well, you can probably guess what happens. 

I choose brick break over sky uppercut.

I prefer accuracy over power in most cases. And the effect of shutting down enemy screens ain't too shabby either.

Slot#4: Lil Mac/Scrafty

Type : Dark/Fighting 

Ability : Moxie

Nature : Adamant 

Held item: Roseli Berry

Knock Off, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch

I just wanted to use a scrafty. Fairy types can be a huge problem to this guy. Not entirely sure the berry will be enough to stop a 4x super effective fairy attack.

Slot#5: Oblivion/Agieslash

Type : Ghost/Steel

Lv:91

Ability : Stance Change

Held item: Leftovers

King's Shield, Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, Shadow sneak or Iron Head

If the sword drawn from mirage tower was female, the name would have been Oathkeeper. 

Just your standard set. But i loved how you go about obtaining this mon. 

Slot#6: Melia/Gardevoir

Type: Psychic/Fairy

Ability : Trace

Nature: Timid

Held item: Gardevoirite

Shiny : Yes

Psychic, Grass knot, Moonblast, Calm Mind

Cause Melia is one of my favorite characters from rejuvenation. Admittedly though, a little akward using a gardevoir considering we almost get killed by one in both games. 

Also dat shiny form tho. Anyone who's played the entirety of episode 11 of Rejuvenation would probably assume the mega would look almost exactly like the one we fought.

Also it's no secret that we're going to be seeing plenty of dragon types in episode 19. Having a counter just makes sense.

Thnx for reading. Let me know if there are improvements that i can make. 

On 3/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Ulti said:

Apologies. Pictures will not be provided. Everything i try to upload is apparently too big. ......Stop snickering!

Anyways, i've recently dealt with Hardy and his rock slide spamming....ahem. Again, sorry. I've beaten hardy and finished episode 18. 

And now, as a good few of you have done already,  I'm forging a team to prepare for the hell that amethyst and the dev teams are sure to have waiting in the finale.

Now, seeing as we can only theorize what we're going to be facing. People are saying that the last gym coming up will be a dragon type gym. We only know about 2 of the elite 4 members. 

And how the champion battle is going to play out is still up in the air. 

And then the ensuing fight with Lin and arceus. Or.....possibly PULSE arceus. 

(Shudders )....

So this setup is not final. But so far, i think its pretty good.  Oh, and i won't be showing evs or ivs either. Cause I'm too lazy to go into that atm. Lol . 

Slot #1 

Xeno/Meowstic

Type: Psychic

Ability : Prankster 

Nature: Bold

Held item: Light Clay

Fake Out, Light Screen, Reflect, Signal Beam 

In all honesty, the nickname fits its pre-evolution better with that blank stare. I know that klefki is the better choice when utilizing prankster, but chances are we're going to be doing refights against Sirius, Dr.Conner and the like. And they like to use Earthquake. 

Even with screens up, that's still a good chunk of hp. So might as well have my support role filled with this little guy instead.

Slot#2:Taka/Garchomp

Type: Dragon/Ground

Lv:92

Ability: Rough Skin

Nature: Adamant 

Held item: Dragonium Z

Stomping Tantrum, Stealth Rock, Iron Head, Draco Meteor

After what happened along the Reshiram route, you know i had to bring this guy. Like seriously, this route is f***ed. Doesn't help that one of my favorite games is Persona 4, who's main story point is seeking out the truth! I'll go more into my feelings on this in a separate post. 

Nothing much else to say about him. Stomping Tantrum because earthquake sucks to use in doubles, Stealth Rock for chip damage, iron head for fairies, and the last slot just because. 

Slot#3: Capt.Falcon/Blaziken

Type: Fire/Fighting 

Ability : Speed Boost

Held item : Black Belt/ Ghost gem

Shiny:No

Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Flare Blitz, Bulk up

That's right. I went easy mode. Lol.

Seriously though, it was a good while since i picked this game up. I wanted an edge on this run. Bulk up+Speed Boost every turn makes for a dangerous physical attacker.

I added Shadow Claw for coverage. Unless the foe used a psychic type first before giving me a chance to set up, well, you can probably guess what happens. 

I choose brick break over sky uppercut.

I prefer accuracy over power in most cases. And the effect of shutting down enemy screens ain't too shabby either.

Slot#4: Lil Mac/Scrafty

Type : Dark/Fighting 

Ability : Moxie

Nature : Adamant 

Held item: Roseli Berry

Knock Off, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch

I just wanted to use a scrafty. Fairy types can be a huge problem to this guy. Not entirely sure the berry will be enough to stop a 4x super effective fairy attack.

Slot#5: Oblivion/Agieslash

Type : Ghost/Steel

Lv:91

Ability : Stance Change

Held item: Leftovers

King's Shield, Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, Shadow sneak or Iron Head

If the sword drawn from mirage tower was female, the name would have been Oathkeeper. 

Just your standard set. But i loved how you go about obtaining this mon. 

Slot#6: Melia/Gardevoir

Type: Psychic/Fairy

Ability : Trace

Nature: Timid

Held item: Gardevoirite

Shiny : Yes

Psychic, Grass knot, Moonblast, Calm Mind

Cause Melia is one of my favorite characters from rejuvenation. Admittedly though, a little akward using a gardevoir considering we almost get killed by one in both games. 

Also dat shiny form tho. Anyone who's played the entirety of episode 11 of Rejuvenation would probably assume the mega would look almost exactly like the one we fought.

Also it's no secret that we're going to be seeing plenty of dragon types in episode 19. Having a counter just makes sense.

Thnx for reading. Let me know if there are improvements that i can make. 

You have a very good team

• Thanks 1

Why did you go for a Z-Draco with an Adamant Chomp while you can easily make him run Z-Outrage for way more damage?

Your only fairy resist is your Aegislash, so i think that you're kinda forced to run iron head on it.

By the way why did you make it speedy with jolly nature? In my opinion you want your aegislash to be slower so you take the hit before you change to your blade form. While King-Shield has priority so you don't need any speed. My aegislash runs max attack max hp adamant with king shield SD shadow sneak and sacred sword. But you lack fairy coverage so i'd suggest you run Iron head over sacred sword.

About the scrafty:

252 SpA Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Roseli Berry Scrafty: 270-318 (99.6 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

So if you want it to live a fairy attack you should give it some sp.def investments and make it intimidate. Or it has to be behind the screens ofcourse.

I get that you have ice punch for the upcoming dragon types but otherwise i'd definitely run Iron head over it purely because you have a mega-gardevoir over there.

But overall it looks pretty solid 🙂 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

Why did you go for a Z-Draco with an Adamant Chomp while you can easily make him run Z-Outrage for way more damage?

Your only fairy resist is your Aegislash, so i think that you're kinda forced to run iron head on it.

By the way why did you make it speedy with jolly nature? In my opinion you want your aegislash to be slower so you take the hit before you change to your blade form. While King-Shield has priority so you don't need any speed. My aegislash runs max attack max hp adamant with king shield SD shadow sneak and sacred sword. But you lack fairy coverage so i'd suggest you run Iron head over sacred sword.

About the scrafty:

252 SpA Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Roseli Berry Scrafty: 270-318 (99.6 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

So if you want it to live a fairy attack you should give it some sp.def investments and make it intimidate. Or it has to be behind the screens ofcourse.

I get that you have ice punch for the upcoming dragon types but otherwise i'd definitely run Iron head over it purely because you have a mega-gardevoir over there.

But overall it looks pretty solid 🙂 

Thnx for the tips. Honestly though, i was under the assumption that we might be fighting Lin on the 'New World ' field. 

And it boots Draco meteor. I want to utilize the field as much as i can against her. Though you make a good point. I'll definitely think on it.

New World boosts Draco, sure, but between the Adamant nature, Garchomp's naturally higher Attack, and the Spatk drop from Draco, Z-Outrage -> Outrage x 2 is almost certainly better than Z-Draco -> Draco x 2. If you only stay in 2 turns it's a bit more up in the air, but Lin won't be the only tough battle so I'd probably just go with Outrage anyway.

• Thanks 1