Radomus and Serra Battle

TheOfficialCherrim

So, I've beaten the battle with Cain and Shelly, and then after that, the battle with Luna.

Next is the battle with Radomus and Serra, the 12v6. 

So, I didn't get healed in between battles. Is that a glitch or something? I know in between the first two battles I did, but not during this one.

Is this supposed to happen? If so, that's totally unfair because I saved in between dialogue and that means I will have to start the battle with 3 mons...

2 hours ago, TheOfficialCherrim said:

So, I've beaten the battle with Cain and Shelly, and then after that, the battle with Luna.

Next is the battle with Radomus and Serra, the 12v6. 

So, I didn't get healed in between battles. Is that a glitch or something? I know in between the first two battles I did, but not during this one.

Is this supposed to happen? If so, that's totally unfair because I saved in between dialogue and that means I will have to start the battle with 3 mons...

Yeah because Luna says something along the lines of weakening the MC for her parents. It wouldn't make sense to be healed between these two battles.

47 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It's a challenging gauntlet, it's not supposed to be fair.

Surely your non-kO'd pokemon get healed, no? I recall that at least happening. I remember not getting healed when I finished umbreon with a Z-move, but I think I did get a pokemon KO'd later attempts and still had my team healed. I figured it was a bug due to z-moves, much like how there was an exp bug with it.

But why would  having a pokemon get KO'd determined if if your standing ones get healed or not? 

Like idk, this gauntlet...I get why it's unfair but it's kind of strattling into bad game design. You're fighting 18(counting cain/shelly it's more no?) pokemon in a row with a team of 6, can't even change your team order between rounds, and not getting healed? Even the E4 at its worst let you heal/rearrange your party between matches. If not healing after luna is a thing, at least don't make us repeat cain/shelly again. 

It's not an impossible fight and I get why it's unfair but i'm not sure if it's really a positive for the game. Like even I only ended up beating it without bag items because alakazam bugged with setting psychic terrain.

12 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Surely your non-kO'd pokemon get healed, no? I recall that at least happening. I remember not getting healed when I finished umbreon with a Z-move, but I think I did get a pokemon KO'd later attempts and still had my team healed. I figured it was a bug due to z-moves, much like how there was an exp bug with it.

But why would  having a pokemon get KO'd determined if if your standing ones get healed or not? 

Like idk, this gauntlet...I get why it's unfair but it's kind of strattling into bad game design. You're fighting 18 pokemon in a row with a team of 6, can't even change your team order between rounds, and not getting healed? Even the E4 at its worst let you heal between matches. If not healing after luna is a thing, at least don't make us repeat cain/shelly again. 

Yeah I can agree with the Cain/Shelly bit. I'm also pretty sure you're supposed to get healed after Cain/Shelly,

Spoiler

since the text does say something along the lines of Bennett saying that he's going to toss you Full Restores.

You also bring up a really good point about the E4. It's going to be really interesting to see the challenges that are to come because while this fight has already been nerfed once iirc, it's still rough. It's going to be hard to top this with the climax to the story as well as the E4.

Edited by Vinnie

Lol this fight was nerfed? How was it before? 

Like sure the levels are lower 70s but these are still EV'd pokemon and you're dealing with megas too.

If they don't want to nerf the difficulty anymore, you could always have a split outcome of the events dependent on beating radomus/serra or not but I understand that's a lot of work. 

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Lol this fight was nerfed? How was it before? 

Like sure the levels are lower 70s but these are still EV'd pokemon and you're dealing with megas too.

If they don't want to nerf the difficulty anymore, you could always have a split outcome of the events dependent on beating radomus/serra or not but I understand that's a lot of work. 

You didn't get healed after Luna at all before and Radomus and Serra's IVs got dropped into the dirt. Honestly it was fine then personally speaking(and i had like 3 ice and 2 bug weaknesses lol, my matchup was terrible) and it's a bit on the too easy side for what it's meant to be now in my opinion. Radomus and Serra are a joke of a fight.

For some advice, you can practically ignore Radomus' Clefable if you've got thunder wave immunities and wipe out Serra. His Clefable has pathetic damage and is only annoying through thunder wave. Wipe out Serra and then make your way through Radomus in the same fashion. Stuff with Flash Cannon absolutely body this.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, not Azery said:

You didn't get healed after Luna at all before and Radomus and Serra's IVs got dropped into the dirt. Honestly it was fine then personally speaking and it's a bit on the too easy side for what it's meant to be now in my opinion. Radomus and Serra are a joke of a fight.

luna iMO was the easiest part of the gauntlet. once you get past her megabsol and weavile, but mega gardy is always worth respecting as a threat.   Thing about luna is that megabsol  frail as it is hits hard enough and is fast enough to KO a lot of stuff (meaning yeah you can take it out but risk casualties)which makes serra/radomus that much harder since you have less pokemon, unless you're using revives.  Then weavile has focus sash so you pretty much have to have something that can tank two hits from it. 

Several attempts I would do well against  luna but then lose to serra/radomus.  Not sure how you're finding them a joke TBH.

• Veterans
11 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

luna iMO was the easiest part of the gauntlet. once you get past her megabsol and weavile, but mega gardy is always worth respecting as a threat.   Thing about luna is that megabsol  frail as it is hits hard enough and is fast enough to KO a lot of stuff (meaning yeah you can take it out but risk casualties)which makes serra/radomus that much harder since you have less pokemon, unless you're using revives.  Then weavile has focus sash so you pretty much have to have something that can tank two hits from it. 

Several attempts I would do well against  luna but then lose to serra/radomus.  Not sure how you're finding them a joke TBH.

I kinda just had Arcanine in the lead(I lead Mega Pidgeot+Arcanine vs Shelly and Cain to deny them Sticky Webs) which effortlessly beat Weavile, then Honchkrow got a crit on Arcanine with Sucker Punch. Mega Pidgeot came in and played around Sucker Punches by setting up 5 Work Ups in a row and just. One shot the rest of Luna's team. Never lost to her. I got unlucky against Radomus/Serra because I got double frozen turn 1 on my first attempt but on the second one, Lilligant got a Quiver Dance up and put everything on their side to sleep while Garchomp and Mega Pidgeot just set up Dragon Dance(special one I won in the Summer Party) and Work Up respectively before plowing through their team. That's 3 Ice/Fairy Weak Pokemon destroying a fight which has Blizzard and Dazzling Gleam out the ass. Never saw Radomus' Mega Gardevoir even move, it got one shot by Garchomp the turn it came on the field.

Shelly was quite literally the only part I truly struggled on because of how her sticky webs setting up her Volcarona and Leavanny to destroy me big time, Cain was an utter pushover that I could ignore so it only took me about 3~ attempts and Luna was a 6-1 Pidgeot sweep.

Meanwhile Mono Dark just 12-0'd, 6-0'd and 12-0'd it again first try lol.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, not Azery said:

I kinda just had Arcanine in the lead(I lead Mega Pidgeot+Arcanine vs Shelly and Cain to deny them Sticky Webs) which effortlessly beat Weavile, then Honchkrow got a crit on Arcanine with Sucker Punch. Mega Pidgeot came in and played around Sucker Punches by setting up 5 Work Ups in a row and just. One shot the rest of Luna's team. Never lost to her. I got unlucky against Radomus/Serra because I got double frozen turn 1 on my first attempt but on the second one, Lilligant got a Quiver Dance up and put everything on their side to sleep while Garchomp and Mega Pidgeot just set up Dragon Dance(special one I won in the Summer Party) and Work Up respectively before plowing through their team. That's 3 Ice/Fairy Weak Pokemon destroying a fight which has Blizzard and Dazzling Gleam out the ass. Never saw Radomus' Mega Gardevoir even move, it got one shot by Garchomp the turn it came on the field.

Shelly was quite literally the only part I truly struggled on because of how her sticky webs setting up her Volcarona and Leavanny to destroy me big time, Cain was an utter pushover that I could ignore so it only took me about 3~ attempts and Luna was a 6-1 Pidgeot sweep.

Meanwhile Mono Dark just 12-0'd, 6-0'd and 12-0'd it again first try lol.

OMG I totally forgot about the sucker punch AI exploit. I guess setting up would be key to winning these. Come to think of it that is usually the easiest way to win trainer  fights in reborn. 

And okay I'm not the only one who found leavanny annoying lol.  The sticky webs were probably the biggest issue in that fight with shelly/cain. Though moreso in how it made volcarona more vulnerable since everyone else on my team was getting outsped left and right by shelly's team regardless.

I remember you said mono dark was strong, i'm guessing that required set up too?

• Veterans
7 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

OMG I totally forgot about the sucker punch AI exploit. I guess setting up would be key to winning these. Come to think of it that is usually the easiest way to win trainer  fights in reborn. 

And okay I'm not the only one who found leavanny annoying lol.  The sticky webs were probably the biggest issue in that fight with shelly/cain. Though moreso in how it made volcarona more vulnerable since everyone else on my team was getting outsped left and right by shelly's team regardless.

I remember you said mono dark was strong, i'm guessing that required set up too?

Mat Block Greninja let Mega Houndoom set up for free. It just destroyed everything. I had Tyranitar and Hydreigon in the back too so there was 0 chance of losing.

Leavanny abasically got free fell stingers off of Absol which let it just OHKO Garchomp and Empoleon with Leaf Blade as well as outspeeding them.

Yeah leavanny's speed is what surprised me most. It's not even sunny in that fight but  it seemed a lot faster than I remembered it. I guess it has a +speed nature or something. I didn't know leavanny got fell stinger until it used it on me in this fight, since last time I used leavanny was back in unova.

But ohh mat block, interesting. I was under the impression it was a gimmick move but it I didn't know it protected both pokemon. That's kind of neat.

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Yeah leavanny's speed is what surprised me most. It's not even sunny in that fight but  it seemed a lot faster than I remembered it. I guess it has a +speed nature or something. I didn't know leavanny got fell stinger until it used it on me in this fight, since last time I used leavanny was back in unova.

But ohh mat block, interesting. I was under the impression it was a gimmick move but it I didn't know it protected both pokemon. That's kind of neat.

Yeah, it's what makes Greninja IMHO the best Starter in Reborn. Mat Block is brutally overpowered if used right, letting you set up for free because 99% of the game will not be outspeeding Greninja lol.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Didn't expect for this to get so many responses. Thank you for the clarification.

I essentially have 3 of my mons fully healed while the other 3 are fainted. Any strats for Radmus and Serra with my team?

I saved in between battles cause I am NOT trying to do everything again 😞

My two leads:
Golem (item consumed from previous battle)

Ability: Sturdy

-Stealth Rock

-Heavy Slam

-Stone Edge

-Earthquake

Alolan-Sandslash (Focus Sash)

Ability: Slush Rush (Really helps at the start of the battle)

-Icicle Crash

-Metal Claw (I CAN'T GET IRON HEAD ON IT) =(

-Brick Break

-Rock Climb

Then my only non-fainted Pokemon is Slurpuff (item consumed from previous battle)

Ability: Unburden

-Dazzling Gleam

-Surf

-Cotton Guard

-Wish

Then my three fainted pokemon:

Decidueye (item consumed in last battle)

Ability: Long Reach

-Phantom Force

-Leaf Blade

-Sucker Punch

-Roost

Pidgeot (Pidgeotite)

Ability: Keen Eye/No Guard

-Roost

-Tailwind

-Fly

-Hurricane

Scrafty (Dark Gem)

Ability: Moxie

-Crunch

-Ice Punch

-High Jump Kick

-Head Smash

Yeah, I know my team isn't the best. (Full of low-tiers with not the most optimal moveset)

Usually at the beginner i have Sandslash one-shot Ninetales but the only thing is Clefable has Fire Blast.

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 5:43 AM, not Azery said:

Yeah, it's what makes Greninja IMHO the best Starter in Reborn. Mat Block is brutally overpowered if used right, letting you set up for free because 99% of the game will not be outspeeding Greninja lol.

What pokemon are you using to setup? I feel like most doubles, one turn of setup isn't enough to get double kos with spread moves, or something with fake out or setting weather is good enough. Or it is eruption typhlosion and doesn't need "setup turns". I haven't used mat block gren though so genuine question on how you'd build a team to abuse it

Also, on topic, I highly recommend teaching your pidgeot heat wave, it's great vs the third glass fight

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

What pokemon are you using to setup? I feel like most doubles, one turn of setup isn't enough to get double kos with spread moves, or something with fake out or setting weather is good enough. Or it is eruption typhlosion and doesn't need "setup turns". I haven't used mat block gren though so genuine question on how you'd build a team to abuse it

Also, on topic, I highly recommend teaching your pidge other heat wave, it's great vs the third glass fight

Houndoom. 2.25x boosted Heat Waves + Greninja to pick off stuff from the side is all it needed to destroy everything. On the rare occasions it was allowed to ALSO Nasty Plot, it would one shot everything on it's own, resists be damned. It was also extremely nice for setting up Malamar's Trick Room for free when Fake Out wasn't viable or letting Tyranitar get a Dragon Dance up, and Tyranitar has more than enough raw power to brutalise things with +1 or even +2 Rock Slides, given it has the bulk to go for another one.

"There weren't any heals at all between the family fights originally."

Okay, that's fair enough. The current limitations still keep the pressure on you even after the heals, so it's not really all that severe a ner-

"The last battle's IVs were completely and utterly tanked."

Okay, now I feel really terrible about losing to this dang thing 22 times! 😤 

28 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

"There weren't any heals at all between the family fights originally."

Okay, that's fair enough. The current limitations still keep the pressure on you even after the heals, so it's not really all that severe a ner-

"The last battle's IVs were completely and utterly tanked."

Okay, now I feel really terrible about losing to this dang thing 22 times! 😤 

I wouldn't feel too bad, the difficulty of pretty much every fight in this game depends a lot on your team composition, and the later you go the greater possibility there is to create some ridiculous team that just rolls the fight or to create one that has good pokemon but is really bad vs. the fight. Especially if you don't have a bench and are only raising a team of 6. I've had teams that are just not suited to the Glass Gauntlet at all, and then I've had teams that just roll it in one attempt.

• Veterans
29 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

How much were their iVs reduced to? From 31 to 25 isn't what I'd call tanked by any means lol. 

Last time I checked their leads and most of their mons(Radomus and Serra) had like 0 or 10 ivs which at this point makes a substantial difference of roughly 20 to 30 points in their stats. Their aces have 31s but most of their team is very much so weaker and slower than they were before.

For example my Hydreigon was outspeeding their Alolatales, turning that thing from a hardcounter to literal flash cannon fodder, my Garchomp was outspeeding their Alakazam, preventing Psychic Terrain from ever activating. Stuff like this makes it substantially easier.

15 hours ago, not Azery said:

Last time I checked their leads and most of their mons(Radomus and Serra) had like 0 or 10 ivs which at this point makes a substantial difference of roughly 20 to 30 points in their stats. Their aces have 31s but most of their team is very much so weaker and slower than they were before.

For example my Hydreigon was outspeeding their Alolatales, turning that thing from a hardcounter to literal flash cannon fodder, my Garchomp was outspeeding their Alakazam, preventing Psychic Terrain from ever activating. Stuff like this makes it substantially easier.

Yeah it would make it easier. 0 and 10s are terrible lol. But idk alolatales was still outspeeding me when I tried it, then again I was probably leading with slow mons.

5 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Yeah it would make it easier. 0 and 10s are terrible lol. But idk alolatales was still outspeeding me when I tried it, then again I was probably leading with slow mons.

Serra:

10 on Alolatales and Sandslash

15 on Bronzong and Jynx

25 on Glaceon

31 on Froslass

Radomus:

31 on Gardevoir

30 on Espeon

10 on the rest

Ninetales has a Timid nature so it's still decently fast, being a 109 base Speed pokemon. Something like Rotom or Excadrill needs to be like Level 88 with a +speed nature and near max IV/EVs to outspeed that. Anything below base 84, like Chandelure or Gyarados, is going to be straight up slower even with max IVs/EVs and at level cap.