Building an Army

ClancyTheBandito

Hi guys, I just defeated Serra and I'd like to prepare a lot of mons for the upcoming gyms/boss battles/etc

So If you could recommend me movesets, or anything that could help me, it would be awesome

I played Reborn until E17 came out, then lost my save file and i re-started earlier this week, so I know plenty of mons I could use, like Clawitzer, Dragalge, Archeops, Darmanitan, but I don't have familiarity with Alola mons except for Lycanroc or the special forms, so I could use some advice on which are the best of them

I'll leave a few screens with my team and the ones I got in the pc

image.png.941a91602f0ea1c253b01f0794df57fc.pngimage.png.04bbc38769f1d215409410d2bfe49a63.pngimage.png.811d8500f2fe4eed941e5364337eabb7.png

image.png.68aa0d09bda0930b3fd2cc0026e8c35d.pngimage.png.db428ef902f37d1132ca10f1755a466c.png

Thanks for your help guysss

Alola Ninetales is definetly an option to take in my opinion. Snow Warning ability along with Aurora Veil holding Light Clay. Honchcrow has proved me to be useful too, Moxie and Sucker Punch. You can also try to use that Eevee in something like Sylveon or Umbreom. Sylveon with Calm Mind, Pixilate and Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball are good. Umbreom is a great staller if well EV trained. Toxic/Moonlight/Foul Play/Protect.

Honchrow is an amazing poké for reborn, Moxie + sucker punch for the win

Galvantula is just fantastic at the next 3 gyms, so is mawile. Although mawile get sort of destroyed when the fight, fire and ground gyms are sort of in a row. Galvantula does exceed even when type doesn't favors it cause high speed+sticky web is just amazing.

Bewear can help in some gyms, but will struggle against others (aka fire and psychic)

Ludicolo is amazing. I think he only does poorly against the flying gym.

Medicham and lilligant can 1v6 some gyms.

Bronzong can be really useful to set up trick room even agaist fire or ground types, cause you can change his ability to adapt to those.

A Ninetales is OP as hell, just respect the Steel gym and you should be ok.

Walrein is a god with X item abuse, it can destroy every fucking gym with these things and some healing items.

Arcanine is also a great option, but remember to look at Growlithe learnset before evolving it, since it gets some good moves at middle 40's.

I won't talk about all of them rn, but you can ask me if you wanna know some specific ones.

3 hours ago, Destrakon said:

Alola Ninetales is definetly an option to take in my opinion. Snow Warning ability along with Aurora Veil holding Light Clay. Honchcrow has proved me to be useful too, Moxie and Sucker Punch. You can also try to use that Eevee in something like Sylveon or Umbreom. Sylveon with Calm Mind, Pixilate and Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball are good. Umbreom is a great staller if well EV trained. Toxic/Moonlight/Foul Play/Protect.

Sylveon cannot learn Calm Mind as the TM is not in-game yet.

Both Toxic and Protect are late game TM's as well(post restoration). 

I think Yahen summed things up pretty nicely though.