Why does this game hate fire types?

Magus543

Is it just me or does this game go out of its way to nerf fire types? At least during Gym battles Crawli's gym is raining, Angie's gym nerfs Fire. Sure you might say, it's to prevent you from making the battles a cake walk, but what about rock types or flying types, for Crawli? Or Rock, Fighting types for Angie?

fire is one of the first types you have access to via the starters and is quite powerful in how they can abuse the field system, which is why specific countermeasures  have to be taken to keep them from feeling too strong. They're also one of the few types with a weather buff which combined with field bonuses can make them very strong offensively, as Charlotte in reborn so clearly demonstrated in the past. Crawli's rainy field buffs grass  and water which are rock's weaknesses, so that field works against them(and crawli does use giga drain).  fighting and rock also don't resist bug or ice like fire does so I can see why fire gets weakened on those fields where those two aren't quite as much. Fighting can't even take proper advantage of most fields so there's really little need to stack things against them on that note.

EDIT: actually fighting DOES resist bug, but bug also resist fighting so it goes both ways.

• Upvote 3

Fair point, i guess when trying to balance a game, sometimes it can feel stacked against you or in this case a specific type. But man, other fields like Florin or Erick's gym can really be a nasty surprise too. Then again, Ground types also do feel the pain. So in regards to the field system, aside from causing a forest fire, how else can Fire types exploit the field system? asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Fair point, i guess when trying to balance a game, sometimes it can feel stacked against you or in this case a specific type. But man, other fields like Florin or Erick's gym can really be a nasty surprise too. Then again, Ground types also do feel the pain. So in regards to the field system, aside from causing a forest fire, how else can Fire types exploit the field system? asking for a friend.

You've got all the field variations of Cave Field manageable via certain fire moves (Looking at you, Amber)