TheTGU

Pokémon Reborn: German Translation

A couple of questions  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be using this translation?

• Yes
    • No, although I'm a German
    • No, I'm not a German
    • No, I'll wait until it's finished
  2. 2. What's your honest opinion on the translation's quality?

• Perfect
    • Good
    • Decent
    • Bad
    • Terrible
    • I don't speak German
  3. 4. How's the formatting on this post?

• Good
    • Decent
    • Bad

Pokémon Reborn: German Translation

I. General:
Before I begin: The reason why this post does not have a German translation is because it would violate the 2nd forum guideline. I might attach a German translation to the download at some later point.
I'm working on a German translation of the game made with the help of the Translation Manager that @Waynolt created.
My goal is to make this great fan-game accesible to more people by offering it in their native language.
Please be aware that this is a very, very early version of the translation and apart from maybe a very few random lines, the translated part ends where you leave the starter room. (For more information see II.)
If you find anything (even if it's just something minor) that's not correctly translated, doesn't sound good or has a typo/ grammar error, then please PM me and I'll fix it as soon as possible. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
However, you should be aware that translating all of Pokémon Reborn will take a very long time, especially the non-dialogue lines because I'll have to look their oficial translation up, so don't expect this to be finished this or maybe next year.
You should also be aware that there are some lines that can't be translated without changing something in the scripts file or making an extra mod. These will be counted as "problems".
To give you a better insight on my progress, I'll be publishing my progress in a way that should be familiar to forum users.
I won't change the names of places and characters.

II. Progress:
E1 dialogue:   #################### | 019%
All dialogue:  #################### | 001%

Battles:       #################### | 001%
Items:         #################### | 001%
PNG-files:     #################### | 000%
Misc.:         #################### | 010%

Known problems: 11+
Total:         #################### | 003
%

Merged menus progress into misc. section, don't

worry, I didn't lose progress

(03/16/2019)

III. How to use
A german installation guide is in the .zip file.

1. Move the german.zip file to your "Pokemon Reborn" folder
2. Extract it there
3. Start the game
4. Select "Languages" from the main menu
5. Select "Deutsch (German)"
6. Done!

IV. Download:
Google Drive

V. Special Thanks
First off, I want to thank @Waynolt for making the Translation Manager, thus making it way easier to translate the game, as well as for helping me out with problems that occured while and after translating.
Secondly, I want to mention that when I was unsure about a translation (especially when slang was used in the game), I used DeepL to check it. It's a great online translator.
And, last but not least I want to thank Ame and the whole Reborn staff for making this awesome fangame.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

interesting.
I was eventually planning on doing a German translation, but only after the game would be finished, so all the material would be at hand.

imo it's a ridiculous task to keep the slang and fun even remotely similarly amusing in German, or probably any other language for that matter.

I'll check your start out soon(tm).

Well, the translation manager luckily allows me to import an older translation into the new episode. Without it, I wouldn't have started translating.

ah, in that case, I can imagine.
but also, revised texts have been a thing, so take care!

should you really keep going with this, you might count me in (like I said, after the game's finished tho) more seriously than to simply check stuff, if you'd like.
alas, obviously that's gonna be a while till then.

Hey I think you should add a "I don't know German" to the voting options for the second question, cause I can't judge your translation quality.

I'm guessing you want to get a feeling for how many people would be interested, though so I'd like to vote at least for the first question 😛

Wait, you need to answer all questions?

I'll add the option.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, CrossImpact said:

ah, in that case, I can imagine.
but also, revised texts have been a thing, so take care!

should you really keep going with this, you might count me in (like I said, after the game's finished tho) more seriously than to simply check stuff, if you'd like.
alas, obviously that's gonna be a while till then.

I kinda forgot to answer this, so here I am now.

1. It won't import lines that have been changed, so in theory I'll only need to translate the new and changed lines.

2. Since the translation process is mostly editing a .txt file (albeit with the help of a program), it might be difficult for two people to work on the translation. I am however willing to try finding a way to do it.

Just PM me when the time has come. 🙂

huh, it really breaks down to that?
how neat.

much better than like
working through the entire game in RPG Maker trying to fix Ame's double consonant issues and change every Pokemon into Pokémon. 🙂

I'll keep it in mind for sure!