Ditto-Arceus and percentages

MuchoG

So the Ditto-Arceus is probably the hardest fight until this part of the game and I have to beat it because I really want to side with Radomus. My team is Blaziken (with speed boost but even after one he doesn't outspeed the Arceus), Aggron, Skuntank, Mamoswine, Walrein and Ampharos. So my initial strategy was getting the quick claw to skuntank and toxic but he has multiple full heals and I can't outspeed with anyone, then I read someone saying that they had blaziken with speed boost, waited until Arceus used a not very effective judgement and killed him with 2 high jump kicks, but I don't outspeed after a speed boost.

Right now I have Ampharos with the quick claw to try paralyze with thunder wave I get some attacks off before he uses the full heal, maybe even try to use the field to my advantage and try to get 2 earthquakes off with mamoswine (which kills everyone on the field). Thing is, just like the Noel fight, the luck is not on my side. I already tried this 12 times and my quick claw never popped, since it has a 20% chance to pop, to not do that 12 times in a row has a 0,8^12 = 0,0687 so 6,87%, a really low chance. Also he has never used a flying, eletric or steel type judgement so he always kills me.

Guess I'll keep trying... If you have another strategy to me to use with my current team I will be thankful, if I still can't beat him after more tries I will need to go back and get a new team, this fight is a little unfair...

Someone told me to use like four gravelers with sturdy and bulldoze but idt it’s worth such a niche like that just to get past one single dumb fight (imo) you should prob keep trying, eventually you may get it with the double high jump kicks and quick claw

I typically clear this with Focus Sash into Perish Song or Focus Sash into Curse, but debuffs coming from Sturdy mons are absolutely viable options too. Direct status is less effective for reasons you already know. Really, though, recruiting an extra mon or two for this specific purpose is infinitely less painful than trying to rely on some kind of RNG approach.

Your Aggron is probably the key if you don't want to go too far out of your way. It can stick Mud Slap and/or Metal Sound, and if you have a good stock of healing items, you can give it several chances to use more.

Update: After 15 straight time where the quick claw did not pop (chance of thet happening is 3,5%) I finally get to go first and thunder wave MISSES, I would not belive this unless I saw it, this is unbelivable.

Update 2: After 2 or more tries with no quick claw pop I finally managed to paralyze him, he did not use a full heal so I managed to land 2 high jump kicks because he used a not very effective judgement on blaziken so I finally got a little lucky.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned it earlier but indirect status is pretty good. Leech seed does work on it, and hitting it with stat reducing moves can help. Status is weird because the AI has different reactions to different statuses with full heals or moves such as aromatherapy. 

Really glad to see that I'm not the only one who abuses soft resetting with a quick claw too.

Anyways, gj on getting through that.

Edited by Vinnie

On 3/13/2019 at 5:46 PM, L__Haze said:

Someone told me to use like four gravelers with sturdy and bulldoze but idt it’s worth such a niche

You can catch them ready for battle in the very cave that you use to get there. It's pretty easy to assemble that team.