[GAME END] Dark Ages 2(Mafia Game)

sailboat

Dark Ages 2: The Purge (A mafia game)
AKA Dark Ages hard mode

WARNING:
As the title  implies this will be harder than the first dark ages and some old mechanics may no longer apply here.

P.s. When joining please also indicate your discord names cuz i was out of the loop for so long im no longer familiar with half of the populace.

P.s.s looking for co host. Only thing required is to check out the day phase and the rare day actions. While i can handle everything, the thing is im busy and im at a totally different timezone than most thus the day phase will be really delayed. If you are interested in cohosting, please dm me. Rest assured the bulk of the work is on night phase which i will handle personally. Im deeemzee#5451 in discord.

I. What is Mafia

Spoiler

At the beginning of the game, players will receive a PM with their Role and Faction/Alignment.

There are two phases in a Mafia game:

The Day Phase, where the players will discuss about the events of the previous night and find out who is Mafia, in this case, wolves and vamps. Townspeople try to discern the faction of the other players while the wolves and vamps try to blend in and avoid being read as scum. Before the day ends, the people vote to lynch someone, however, you may abstain if you'd prefer to. If the number of people who prefer to lynch is the majority, lynching happens and the one who gets lynched is the one who gets the highest vote. To simpliy the explanation, here are some examples:

Say, we have 13 players

6/13 players wanted to lynch someone. - No Lynch will happen

7/13 players wanted to lynch someone.

*Votes are distributed in this way: A-5 B-1 C-1 = Player A will be lynched.

*Votes are A-3 B-3 C-1 = No Lynching will happen.

The Night Phase, where the thread is considered 'locked' and players cannot comment in the thread. Instead, if they have Night Actions, special abilities related to their role, they may use those to help their faction win.

The Day Phase lasts for 48 hours while the Night Phase lasts for 24 hours.

If you have some questions, you may ask me via PM or via this thread.

II. Background:

Spoiler

Following the events of Dark Ages 1 (AKA DAM) The werewolves had taken over the town. However, hope is not lost as words of the incident had reached the Paladins Order. Thus, they had sent a representative deal with this incident. Meanwhile, the vampires had vowed revenge on the wolves however, their pride still makes them somewhat not so cooperative with each other. Will the town finally be saved by the paladin? Will the vampire be able to obtain the vengeance they seek? or the werewolves will still remain supreme? Play now and find out the towns fate. 😉

III. Factions:

Spoiler

1/3 of the population are non humans. The distribution of non humans however is not revealed. They can choose not to attack if they so wish.

-Townsmen:
The majority of the population. They are humans who are terrorized by the vampires and werewolves. Wins when all wolves and vampires are gone.

-Werewolves:
They share a chat. They only transform and attack on full moons(even night). Only one of them can attack and they can choose among themselves who will. They are immune to vampire attacks while transformed. Wins when werewolves outnumber the vampire and humans (do not combine their numbers). This ignores voting powers beware!
E.g. they will win if 3 wolves vs 1 vampire vs 2 humans. I think there are other scenarios i might forgot so feel free to raise it.

-Vampires:
They dont share a chat. They attack on a certain pattern. The host will notify the vampire as who is assigned to attack on that night. They can use their abilities while attacking assuming it is usable. If they interact with a fellow vampire they will not gonna kill em and/or their action will fail on them but instead they will share a chat. Wins when vampires outnumber the wolves and humans (do not combine their numbers). This ignores voting powers beware!
E.g. they will win if 3 vamps vs 1 human vs 2 wolf. I think there are other scenarios i might forgot so feel free to raise it.

IV. Roles:

Spoiler

Except for certain roles, all roles are randomly distributed among factions. If it doesnt say exclusive it means it is free for all faction. All non exclusive roles, may have at most a double in game(e.g two vigilante etc.). Remember this is hard mode now kek

1. Paladin[Town Exclusive]:
-Your vote always counts as 2. Once per game, You may ask the host to reveal you on a day phase(must be pmed to the host) and choose a target(this is announced by the host as well), by the end of that day you will force reveal the true faction of your target. You will become permanently immune to the executioner ability once you reveal yourself. While revealed, your voting power becomes 3.

2. Vampire Slayer[Non-Vampire Exclusive]:
-If a vampire attacks you, they die.

3. Silver Knight[non-werewolf exclusive]:
-If a werewolf attacks you, they die.

4. Priest:
-You can visit someone at night, you will know if they are a monster.

5. Acolyte:
-You know who the priest is. You will become the priest when he dies.

6. Healer:
-You can visit someone at night, they will be protected from death.

7. Gravedigger:
-You can target a dead player at night, you will know which faction they are.

8. Heretic:
-You can target a dead person at night, you will be shared a chat with em which will be removed on day phase. The dead will be removed from the dead chat temporarily.

9. Assassin:
-You can target someone at day phase and guess their role. If you got it correctly, they die. Otherwise, you die.

10.Executioner:
-Once per game, you may reveal yourself(reveal in the thread then ping the host) to lynch someone and end the day phase. This lynch ignores, the votes of that day phase.
The day will not end if you targeted the paladin then he reveals himself. Note: the paladin will be given at least half a day phase or whatever is left of the day phase, whichever is faster, to react.

11. Gambler:
-At the start of the game, choose even or odd, you cant be killed on those night phases.

12. Apprentice:
-At the start of the game, choose between Vampire Slayer or Silver Knight. You will know who they are. When they die, you'll inherit their role.

13. Merchant:
-You can visit someone at night, you will be swapped with them and all targets to you and them will be swapped as well.

14. Courtesan
-You can visit someone at night and block them from doing any action.

15. Town Watch:
-You can target someone at night, you will know who they visited but you will not know what they did.

16. Oracle:
-You may visit someone at night, when you die the faction and role of your target will be revealed. Persists even on day phase.

17. Gossiper:
-Once per game,you may target two people at day phase. The first person will be called out by the host as the paladin and the other person will be supposedly be his target.(will use exact words as if they truly are the paladin). However, they dont actually have the powers of the paladin. Will also delay the executioner's action but wont stop it. The designated "paladin"'s role upon death will show as paladin.

18. Witch:
-You can target two people at night, force them to target each other if applicable. They will know they got controlled.

19. Contrarian:
-Your vote counts as -1 (negative 1). You may visit someone at night, for the next day phase their vote becomes -1 (even if they have a voting power higher than 1 it will still be reduced to -1)and your vote becomes zero(no value) for that day phase. You cannot use this ability on consecutive nights.

20. Survivalist:
-You have two lives.

21. Boy who cry wolf:
-Once per game, you can make everyone alert at night thus cancelling the night phase.

22. Mysterious old man:
-When you die, you may give an extra life to someone.

23. Channeler:
-You can visit someone at night, if they get lynch on the next day phase, you'll gain an extra life.

24. Insomniac:
-you know who visited you at night.

25. Drunkard:
-You will always randomly block someone. You dont know yourself who you blocked. You cant be blocked.

V. Special Rules:

Spoiler

Number of players: 
For now the intended min number of players are 15. This can be adjusted to accommodate up to 20 players. hence, it is why there are 25 roles. It helps with role claiming cuz there are a lot of roles that are available compared to the population. Host will not reveal which roles is not in game. well, tbh roleclaim doesnt mean much in this setup.

Starting Phase:
Starting phase will be randomized between D0/N0/D1/N1 this is to make it fair for everyone. Afterall, the starting phase may give (dis)advantages to certain faction and roles.

An Icebreaker(?):
The host will discuss a certain mechanic in the game depending if the game starts at d0/d1. this is to make a lively discussion on that day :evillaugh:

Reveals:
Role will be revealed but faction is not upon death.

VI. Forum Rules and Others:

Spoiler

-     The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

-     All Player Discussion must be kept here in this thread. Private PMs, discussion outside the thread through Discord, IRL, or other methods are not allowed as well. Only the mandated wolves/vamps/etc. discussion will be legalized.

-     Per Day Phase, everyone is required to post 2 times. At Night Phase, the thread is considered locked and no one must post in the thread. Violation means a warning, then immediate elimination. i only give 2 warnings then kick out/switch out a player

-     Sharing of PMs from me is not allowed. There will be consequences if found out. Ruining the game is not fun :(

-     For voting in the Day Phase, use this format [ELIMINATE] [Player Name]. Votes can be changed throughout the Day Phase, as long as you notify me properly. For this game, ABSTAINING is perfectly fine by placing [ELIMINATE] No One.

-     If you are ELIMINATED, you cant post anything not even a final post.

-     Night Actions should be sent to me in PM or in DM.

-     Editing of posts is discouraged. If you wish to have a change, quote your previous post and say the appropriate changes.

-     Lastly, respect the host and the other players. Personal attacks on others will have their own repercussions.

Current Players:

1. Cicada
  2. Jelly the Priest [Lynched during D3]
  3. DigitalAmber
  4. Jason Grace the Gambler [Modkilled during D4]
  5. Bazaro the Silver Knight [Killed by Vampire N1]
  6. Quillish the oracle Killed by Vampire N5
  7. Alaris The Town Paladin [Killed by Vampire N2]
  8. Alistair the Gossiper [Killed by werewolf N2]
  9. Newt
  10. Nano4 the Assassin [Failed Assasination Attempt D1]
  11. NickCrash
  12. Lykoshand the Priest 2pix0 [Lynched during D4]
  13. Yahen the Drunkard [Lynched during D2]
  14. Seal
  15. CrimsonDragon21 the Merchant [Killed by a werewolf N4]
  16. Astra125
  17. andracass the survivalist [killed by Vampire N0]
  18. Walpurgis the Healer [Lynched during D5]
  19. Bok Choi
  20. Dragoknight
  21. Jace Stormkirk

Please join this server for game announcements and role distributions.

https://discord.gg/qjxZ5gY

6 hours ago, andracass said:

in if we still have space, but i'll juror if not

andracass here, andracass there

this setup can easily let upto 49 players in cuz of doubles possibility but shh i cant handle that amount. Dun worry we have space! 20 is the upper player limit for this.