Pokemon Reborn video Walkthrough [100% Complete for E18]

Vinnie

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

You could if you want. I finished timestamping the majority of the events in all the videos except the last 2. I added them all in the descriptions of each video. Do you think those would be good enough or should it be more detailed?

I think they're fine. I was just suggesting that since some of the events that you went over you didn't sound confident on how to access them.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Xander said:

I think they're fine. I was just suggesting that since some of the events that you went over you didn't sound confident on how to access them.

Ah yeah, I usually correct myself, but please feel free to point out any inconsistencies or points where the info may be wrong. 

I'm a little bit croaky at this point, but I tried to cover as much as I could. It's a long one and I even ended up making a couple of strategy guides for Charlotte and putting it in a pastebin in the description. 

I have been watching your walkthrough and I'm really impressed with the amount of work you put in this project. It seems really helpful and up to date. That said, there are  a few things I am curious about this part.

Are you sure that the field effect reduces water type moves by that much ? I've seen some playthroughs where surf attacks was used against her and, even without rain dance , it still did a decent amount. On the one hand, if it were a debuff by 90%, it would be at like 9 base power, 20,25 with stab,SE and spread damage, which would hardly damage  Typhlosion or Darmanitan ( even the Simisear from the random trainer would be taking no damage, at least from the one video I watched). On the other hand, the in game Field effect notes say that water type attacks a modifier of  x0.9, which would, to my understanding, translate to a base power of 81, a respectable amount, but low enough to do some damage.  Surf does get its power reduced by a modifier of x0,5, according to the notes, but super effective damage means that it doesn't matter, so the above multiplier should still apply since it is a water type attack. 

To further test that out, I used a random level 33 mold breaker blue stripped Basculin with Aqua Tail against pokemon in pyrous mountain, including sawk and digglett. Even with the terrain, Basculin still one shot everything weak to Aqua Tail and did just a little less than half to Sawk, so I don't think that water type attacks get that big of a damage reduction. 

Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been better to use rain dance with Meowstic and Trick Room with Bronzong, instead of trying to get lucky with the quick claw ? You do have the Rain Dance TM and anyone who watches the walkthrough while playing the game will likely have it anyway, so you didn't really have to suffer through the quick claw prompt. 

Thank you anyway, I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful or if I made a dumb mistake, and good luck with the walkthrough.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GGLL said:

I have been watching your walkthrough and I'm really impressed with the amount of work you put in this project. It seems really helpful and up to date. That said, there are  a few things I am curious about this part.

Are you sure that the field effect reduces water type moves by that much ? I've seen some playthroughs where surf attacks was used against her and, even without rain dance , it still did a decent amount. On the one hand, if it were a debuff by 90%, it would be at like 9 base power, 20,25 with stab,SE and spread damage, which would hardly damage  Typhlosion or Darmanitan ( even the Simisear from the random trainer would be taking no damage, at least from the one video I watched). On the other hand, the in game Field effect notes say that water type attacks a modifier of  x0.9, which would, to my understanding, translate to a base power of 81, a respectable amount, but low enough to do some damage.  Surf does get its power reduced by a modifier of x0,5, according to the notes, but super effective damage means that it doesn't matter, so the above multiplier should still apply since it is a water type attack. 

To further test that out, I used a random level 33 mold breaker blue stripped Basculin with Aqua Tail against pokemon in pyrous mountain, including sawk and digglett. Even with the terrain, Basculin still one shot everything weak to Aqua Tail and did just a little less than half to Sawk, so I don't think that water type attacks get that big of a damage reduction. 

Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been better to use rain dance with Meowstic and Trick Room with Bronzong, instead of trying to get lucky with the quick claw ? You do have the Rain Dance TM and anyone who watches the walkthrough while playing the game will likely have it anyway, so you didn't really have to suffer through the quick claw prompt. 

Thank you anyway, I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful or if I made a dumb mistake, and good luck with the walkthrough.

You're welcome, and glad you think I've been doing a good job so far. Don't worry about seeming ungrateful, I appreciate the feedback a lot. To be honest, I sometimes worry if I seem ungrateful or even rude to those when I discuss feedback, and improvements. 

Actually, you're completely right. I probably wasn't thinking right as I worked on that video, and for some reason I read it as a straight up 90% reduction, where as it's actually a 10% or again .9xBP. I'm not sure what was going through my head at the time, but I'll definitely edit that into the description. 

As for my battle with Charlotte, it really would. I mainly just wanted to showcase that if you didn't have the TM Rain Dance(or if you lacked a Prankster setup mon) then with a little more effort you could still achieve for the most part the same results. The lack of a Damp Rock rain setter(and to be fair, I can't guarantee that everyone watching is going to have a Damp Rock either) isn't a real set back regardless of if you have a sand stream user or if you're using a Kingdra due to the fact that Charlotte's Ninetails would likely interrupt the rain at around 5 turns anyways. I didn't have to suffer through the Quick Claw resets, but I wanted to showcase that it could be done if absolutely necessary. 

I didn't feel as if I explained everything properly enough, which is why I have a pastebin in the description of the video, explaining more thoroughly as well as listing a few more details. 

This is what was said in the pastebin- 

Spoiler

Best case scenario with Rock types:

Assuming you have the TM for Rain Dance, have Male Meowstic with Prankster setup Rain Dance while Heatproof Bronzong(Found on Route 3) sets up Trick Room on turn 1. The Rain Dance guarantees that Bronzong will survive the turn, and on turn two, both should faint.
For turn three have 2 of these Pokemon out: Crustle(Found on Route 2), Gigalith(Boldore found on Route 2), Rhyperior(Rhydon found in Route 3 caves), or Golem(Graveller found in Route 3 caves) out. There is only one obtainable hidden Link Stone beyond Agate City, so it comes down to Crustle and one of the others typically. Neither Rhyperior or Golem receive Rock Slide by level up(they do receive Earthquake however, also don't confuse Golem's regular level up moves with it's Let's Go versions), so Crustle and Gigalith is most preferred so you aren't attacking your own team mates. On turn three have one Pokemon use Rock Slide, while the other sets up Stealth Rocks. On both turn 4 and 5 have both Pokemon use Rock Slide.

Without the TM for Rain Dance you have to rely on a Quick Claw activation with Bronzong who learns Rain Dance naturally by level up. Meowstic sets up the Trick Room instead. Aside from this, the rest of the battle goes the same way. If you don't have a Prankster Meowstic, use anything that can setup Trick Room instead along side Quick Claw, Rain Dance Bronzong.

Best case scenario with a Kingdra(Horsea can be fished for in the mountains) setup:

If you have the TM for Rain Dance set it up with Prankster Meowstic. Otherwise use Heatproof Bronzong. Your second slot will be a random Abomasnow(can be caught on Route 4) holding the Quick Claw. Your goal to is active Quick Claw and hit a Blizzard to remove the Super-heated Field in order to remove the 90% damage loss to Water moves. Afterwards send out Swift Swim Kingdra and spam Surf. Switch out Meowstic so you can setup Rain Dance later when Charlotte sends out her Ninetails.

I've also heard good things about sweeping her with Flash Fire Typhlosion(received from stolen Pokemon salesmen in 7th street before reaching Agate Circus), but I can't offer any advice about this method.

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for watching and the support. I'll be sure to take it into account and make the proper changes when I get a chance.

Edited by Vinnie

Didn't expect this one to be 30 minutes long either but it was. Also I never really get a chance to discuss story, plot or character development, but does Blake remind anyone of Ice from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia?

7 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

I was going to recommend waiting till final episode then if anything changes you wouldn't have to possibly entire sections

I was thinking about it, but if it comes down to it, I'll be alright adding notes everywhere possible to make mention of the changes. 

I think it's the later parts of the game that are most likely to see some tweaks, so I'm not too terribly worried. I'm going to be trying to put off the eventually pokedex completion video however, just to make sure that one ends up being up to date. 

• Like 1

Scary thought, but it may take another couple parts just to sweep through the rest of the side quests available. This part felt like coming full circle again. Back in the first part I started an event that I finally finished in this part, but at the time of starting it a voice in the back of my head laughed at the idea that we'd actually make it this far. 

Should be full steam ahead from here. The amount of content that becomes available after you come back to Reborn city is just enormous. Everything from here should space itself out much better.