Pokémon mysteriously disappeared from PBS Files

I love working on Pokémon Essentials and am working on a fangame right now. But I’m very close to giving up. Why? Because of one random issue: PBS files.

When I went to Playtest my game, I got an error that said

UNDEFINED VALUE “Magnezone”

So that was the gist of it. Magnezone is undefined. So I go to my PBS and what do I see? ALL POKÉMON AFTER WHISCASH ARE COMPLETELY GONE!!!!

Over half the Pokédex is missing from my game because this randomly happened. I didn’t panic at first. I copied the Pokémon data from Reborn and put it in...

Then I got this: There was no shape value. Reborn doesn’t have the value for the Pokémon’s shape in the data, so it didn’t work. I refuse to type in the shape for over 500 Pokémon, so If anyone even has the slightest idea of what’s going on, please tell me.

By the way, a while back, something similar happened. All the legendaries and baby Pokémon had undefined egg group values. 

So I had to fix them all. TWICE.

Thanks for the help!

Hmmm do you by any chance use the editor that comes with essentials to edit things? When you make changes through that it goes on to delete other things from your files... I don't know if this is the case but if it is, you should avoid using the editor and directly change the files.

1 hour ago, groniack said:

Hmmm do you by any chance use the editor that comes with essentials to edit things? When you make changes through that it goes on to delete other things from your files... I don't know if this is the case but if it is, you should avoid using the editor and directly change the files.

Could you elaborate on what editor it is? If I knew which one, I could stop using it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use it. I always go straight to PBS when making Pokemon data. This unfortunate event occurred this morning when I added  one trainer battle. If it matters, I gave their Pokemon specific moves and genders straight from the PBS files. I don't know why It cut off the Pokemon data after Whiscash. The trainer didn't use anything even related to Whiscash.

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me a couple times, my guess is that it has something to do with the script for Pokemon requiring  the shape value. I just copied and pasted the same shape for every 6th and 7th generation Pokemon. As far as I now (and i've looked) there's no way to get back deleted info from pbs besides manually putting it back in. Sorry...

• 2 months later...