[November 5 - Ending] Death Is Not The End Mafia

2 minutes ago, Jelly said:

didnt even notice it. ive been very busy with classes and work so i mostly skim if there's more than 30 replies

I'm sorry, ill stop doing that

Some players complained about it in the other game too

Oof why all the posts randomly talking about how to read reactions 😠

Perhaps that totem could be used to protect someone maybe so we dont lose someone important idk

I really hope *somebody* had information to share, I cant see a pattern in these votes, and at this point Yahen just seems to be speaking to take up space. Purposeful? Idk. He defended Astra pretty vehemently yesterday, jumping onto unfounded voted, so thats something that definitely caught my eye

47 minutes ago, Jelly said:

there could be the possibility of repeat roles in this scenario

would be odd for two creepy girls in the same game as they are a 3rd party and i doubt an Old Maid could copy a creepy girl's role and then send out a new doll alongside the circulating old one

• Global Mods

Since I’m overwhelmed by all the comments, I’m not sure if I want to read up right now (and in any case, I can’t due to irl stuff atm rip)...

I apologise for my absense, between juggling issues and having no motivation to do anything, I haven’t really been able to post much (and it’s not a valid excuse but I’m gonna try and post the minimum).

I’ll read a little bit now and then read the rest when I get home. I’ll have a small followup post for this shortly.

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

would be odd for two creepy girls in the same game as they are a 3rd party and i doubt an Old Maid could copy a creepy girl's role and then send out a new doll alongside the circulating old one

From past experience as the Old Maid in previous games, two of the same role cannot exists since the Old Maid basically swaps their role with their target. Since this game has minimal revisions, I doubt it would change this if such a role existed in the game — not sure why it would since I assume all roles are related to death in some way.

• Haha 1

• Veterans
2 hours ago, cicada said:

From past experience as the Old Maid in previous games, two of the same role cannot exists since the Old Maid basically swaps their role with their target. Since this game has minimal revisions, I doubt it would change this if such a role existed in the game — not sure why it would since I assume all roles are related to death in some way.

old maid

• Hmm 1

Could have altered the Old Maid to make it such that it could only be performed from the grave? I remember it being said that one of the roles had undergone non-minimal changes, and it would fit this type of game.

Also, still waiting to find out what this Day of the Dead event will actually do.

1 minute ago, Roswell said:

Could have altered the Old Maid to make it such that it could only be performed from the grave? I remember it being said that one of the roles had undergone non-minimal changes, and it would fit this type of game.

Also, still waiting to find out what this Day of the Dead event will actually do.

hi ross i liked your prof pic change the old one feel like you were an old person

The day of the dead will probably allow some roles to do something i guess?

It should be a celebration tho

As for the Maid, i'm not quite sure, it makes sense to both "only from grave" and "normal old maid" if it is about the double doll, doesn't it?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cicada said:

the only way an old maid would even work in this way is if one of those dolls do nothing because the original creepy girl who release it is no longer that role.

well since it is confirmed that there are two dolls at hand, let me put in my two cents on some options not yet thought of.

1. creepy girl has two dolls to give out and wins if both of the players holding the doll die (3rd party)

2. "                                                               " and can view what action the holder of one doll does (town)

3. "                                                               "and forces the holder to only be able to give away the doll instead of regular night action (town/mafia)

they are in order of what i thing is most likely

Yeah, I can understand the suspicions on me right now. I keep putting off this game until the last 24 hours due to slacking and have to do 3 posts and a vote. I think we either have a Toymaker(whose existence I didn’t know of until now) or some other fake claimer. The other option is an amnesiac. We have no clue if the doll vanishes when it’s girl dies. It might have no girl. Maybe the amnesiac or a similar role got reset and had its own doll going around. An owned doll and an ownerless one it seems. The whole thing is sketchy but we know of multiple dolls so it is plausible. Considering the amnesiac takes a dead person’s role for their own and this game’s theme, there is a chance we have one. They also can’t win unless they pick a side, so they would typically be encouraged to pick early on perhaps. Or they wait for a decisive moment, I don’t know. 

Maybe when the old maid stole the role instead of inherriting the wincon of "if the person holding the first doll dies you win" had the chance of choosing a different doll holder (?)

Ok I think I still can't read this game as well as I would like
However it feels to me like Jace's number 1 theory sounds the most straightforward and the most likely. A possible minimal change (And the easiest answer to this doll mystery) Would just be if the creepy girl could give out two instead of one doll. I doubt the dolls would have different effects because of the fact that most roles are changed minimally.
As such, I don't entirely believe that Amber is the suspicious one here.
Astra isn't entirely believable though, what are the chances he gives away and gets a doll in the same night? I'm not confident in that read at all though so take that with a grain of salt. 

And ngl, the thing that irks me the most is how buddy-buddy Yahen and Drak are. Granted, if they were Mafia, they would be discussing all this stuff in their own chat, but it still rubs me a little the wrong way, especially Yahen. He's quick to jump on bandwagons, agree with the same people and fill up space with useless posts. idk guys, kinda sketchy, and unless I missed something, we can't verify whether Drak and Yahen are town or not. If I missed something pls let me know
I guess at the end of the day this isn't entirely a well founded vote, but imo nobody looks overly suspect to me quite yet
[eliminate] Yahen

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

However it feels to me like Jace's number 1 theory sounds the most straightforward and the most likely. A possible minimal change (And the easiest answer to this doll mystery) Would just be if the creepy girl could give out two instead of one doll. I doubt the dolls would have different effects because of the fact that most roles are changed minimally.
Astra isn't entirely believable though, what are the chances he gives away and gets a doll in the same night? I'm not confident in that read at all though so take that with a grain of salt. 

And ngl, the thing that irks me the most is how buddy-buddy Yahen and Drak are. Granted, if they were Mafia, they would be discussing all this stuff in their own chat, but it still rubs me a little the wrong way, especially Yahen. He's quick to jump on bandwagons, agree with the same people and fill up space with useless posts. idk guys, kinda sketchy, and unless I missed something, we can't verify whether Drak and Yahen are town or not. If I missed something pls let me know
I guess at the end of the day this isn't entirely a well founded vote, but imo nobody looks overly suspect to me quite yet
[eliminate] Yahen

I see no reason for voting me

Really. I am town and so is drak.

It just makes sense. Its a family-kind trust relationship, any of my child, with a background as fitting as Drak, would get the same support. That's why i just won't claim them before discovering.

I support people bandwagons when i think they make sense or we have common goals. In case of drak, at my sight, we are the only 2 confirmed town people, so if he choses something, i am, too, responsible for the results of it. 

If you can't verify it, just believe me lol, Yahy don't lie. But i might be wrong almost always sometimes.

Also, about the doll giveaways, sort of makes sense to me. I gave my doll to astra so he believed me - it was a hard decision to make between him and drak, but my guts predicted it right: Astra had the same idea, and gave it to drak, leading us to a consent about the dolls existing, solving last day phase's mistery. I'm getting used to think before typing, but it is still not working for me, i like spamming useless things for comic relief, anxiety questions or to fill the hole inside my chest that is human contact shaped

Sowwy for the tldr im trying to stop spamming its hard to control myself

Edited by Yahen
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

[eliminate] Yahen

can't say im buddy-buddy with Yahen it's more of a one way thing, i also don't like Yahen referring to me as confirmed town as only i and whoever the mafia is knows that im town, everyone else only knows it as a role claim of a town role and i know i can easily be suspicious thats why i dont exclude myself when bringing up people who reasons to suspect exist for, i mean among other things i kept marking Nano for lynch, didnt side against Alaris and even was part of a bandwagon on Astra it only makes sense i would be suspicious, the best i can hope for is the rest of the town to trust me enough but i can't expect it too much, im just glad that i lived long enough to get rid of Castiel's spirit someone whom we have good reason to believe was not a town.

I'm gonna stick with my vote on Amber for now though.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, DigitalAmber said:

Figured I might as well claim. I’m literally a villager, that’s it. 

[Unvote DigitalAmber]

1 hour ago, Lord Drakyle said:

can't say im buddy-buddy with Yahen it's more of a one way thing, i also don't like Yahen referring to me as confirmed town as only i and whoever the mafia is knows that im town, everyone else only knows it as a role claim of a town role and i know i can easily be suspicious thats why i dont exclude myself when bringing up people who reasons to suspect exist for, i mean among other things i kept marking Nano for lynch, didnt side against Alaris and even was part of a bandwagon on Astra it only makes sense i would be suspicious, the best i can hope for is the rest of the town to trust me enough but i can't expect it too much, im just glad that i lived long enough to get rid of Castiel's spirit someone whom we have good reason to believe was not a town.

I'm gonna stick with my vote on Amber for now though.

😢 

Let me explain why i know you are town.

I won't reveal who i am for now, but my background involves exorcists, then, without me revealing either my child names or my background, you just claimed one of them, on the correct role.

It instantly convinced me.