How to change Reborn's text?

Lorisaur

• Supporter

There is a translation function built into Essentials, but I believe that Ame has stated in the past that it'd be best for anyone wishing to translate it to wait until the game is complete. Given how close the game is to completion, might want to just wait?

1 hour ago, AiedailEclipsed said:

There is a translation function built into Essentials, but I believe that Ame has stated in the past that it'd be best for anyone wishing to translate it to wait until the game is complete. Given how close the game is to completion, might want to just wait?

I thought I could just update the text into the next episode, so that I could translate only the new lines that ep19 will introduce... is it not possible?

Edited by Lorisaur

• Supporter
1 hour ago, Lorisaur said:

I thought I could just update the text into the next episode, so that I could translate only the new lines that ep19 will introduce... is it not possible?

I don't know the specifics of how the translation function works, other than it not being recommended to be done on an in progress game. This is coming from others within the development community and the Essentials documentation page that I linked ("Translating your game should be the very last thing you do."). The most obvious problem is that the dialogue and other text might change. So you could translate one part, but then it end up being completely different in the next release. By all means, go ahead and start, but be cautious.