Freezing Reborn Solid - An Ice Monotype Playthrough

Lil' Sunny

Hai. welcome. i'm Macho and i'm absolutely nuts. because i decided "hey you know what's even better than the hardest pokemon fangame known to mankind? a challenge run of it"

Ice is my favorite pokemon type, has been for awhile. through the years i've attatched to many pokemon types but Ice was always the one i came back to. the beauty of A-ninetales and Froslass, the power of Mamoswine, the speed of Weavile. they all come together perfectly. 

Adventure Begins: snivy starter picked, traded for sneasel immediately. boxed snivy forever more. Sneasel got trained up and battled some trainers. meteor was easy enough as the nice person gave me ice shard which is helpful.  no major problems, but then i got to Julia's gym and i was dreading it. i mean 1v6 wtf am i going to do? then i realized her team is at most around the mid teens while sneasel was lv20. 

Between ice shard and feint attack sneasel swept the entire team easily. crit on electrode meant it died one hit earlier too. 

And because i'm an idiot i didnt take screenshots of my victory as proof 😞 well i'll be more observant in the future. for now though. here's sleepy julia 

albgmVD.png

And my winning gurl. Kitty

fZAodD3.png

now i can actually go get more team members. yay.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Good luck! Sneasel as a starter is cool, though you won't be getting weavile for a while lol. I actually quite like ice as a type, always have.

I'm guessing vanillite is your next mon, but flobot's breloom might give you trouble.

mach punch will ohko both pokemon. that's the end of the run. i'm curious how you will do it

Well it was tough but i did it. think i'll take a break for now.

So i grabbed the zigzagoon event, resetting till it had pickup. got a choc ice cream, fed the whiny brat and got DoubleScoop the vanillite

lzXPLWC.png

While purchasing additional choc ice, a blue moon ice dropped. now 200hp isnt bad, but 10k moniez is better at this point.  stocked up on choc ice cream. the slums were fairly easy. Scrafty was not

after many failed attempts i bit the bullet and grinded DoubleScoop to 25, still cut it close but Kitty beat scrafty. DoubleScoop 3HKOd Pulse Tangrowth with mist + icy wind. 

Rescued the daycare couple, and got fking clauncher from the egg in Onyx. well maybe i'll get Spheal another time.

Florina's gym wasnt hard. she was tho.

Several things had to go right here, maractus had to not hit more than 3 times with pin missile, needed a decent damage roll on Breloom. had to hope i didnt get critted by ferrosseed while waiting for it to kill itself. 

Kitty was up first, took a pin missile and got up hone claws. Ice Shard down goes maractus. breloom came in. ice shard and down it goes. healed against ferrosseed a couple of times while its own seed weakened it with sand tomb, at about half health feint attack took it down. protective pads helped  so i didnt take damage from iron barbs. hit a strong ice shard on cradily but it lived comfortably and finished kitty off. 

in comes DoubleScoop to finish it with icy wind. then took a sand tomb from cottonee and hit a critical hit icy wind for the kill. finally cacnea took an icy wind. missed pin missile (i couldve took it as long as it didnt hit 4+ times) and a 2nd icy wind finished the fight

inSXhGM.png

And sadly i'm stuck with these 2 till after shelly unless i get lucky with the growlithe egg and sunkern trade. even then the former could give me a dupe sneasel. 

And now we pick up where we left off.  so after catching and breeding a sunflora for a sunkern needed later. i went onward and began rescuing the police. Hit up another pulse tangrowth while i was at it. except this time i had a chance to set up. exeggcute couldnt do much to sneasel besides bullet seed so i got a couple of hone claws up. feint attack killed it, ice shard took down chatot and another 2 ice shards finished tangrowth. 

Onwards to beryl, after being caught by some nuzleaf and denying fern the satisfaction of me begging. a familiar looking chatot freed me from my cage and i went further into the forest. rescued the last of the police officers and went into the Taka and Zel double battle. not overly hard DoubleScoop was being annoying with icy wind. kitty got up a hone claws and started firing ice shards left and right eventually doublescoop went down but all they had left was an umbreon and kitty finished it off. 

tiyQ8K8.png

bred growlithe for an egg, traded the egg for an egg....that became mareanie (rip A-vulpix) so great i'm stuck with sneasel and vanillish against corey. well at least i have Vanillish, DoubleScoop evolved.

dGDhapF.png

She does know acid armor which might help on the corrosive field. but this is going to be fun. yay /sarcasm 

Corey was actually a cakewalk, his levels are much lower than i remember.  after an Acid Armor, DoubleScoop swept basically his whole team, even freezing nidorina. Crobat finally took it out but Kitty was on hand to clean up. 

mVY6syd.png

After that i saw the cutscene that probably shocked people back when it was first done but that ive seen so many times now it has no impact (had no buildup either compared to  Amaria later which was MUCH more impactful)  and went on to the lapis ward then the grand stairway. Aster and Eclipse werent too tough since the crystal cave backfired giving rock slide a psychic typing, meaning kitty was immune. a single hone claws let her OHKO both of them and with the help of Victoria the lycanroc pair went down too. (they focused entirely on her not me lol)

Kitty did faint on the last turn but i had DoubleScoop in the back and Victoria's kirlia finished off the last lycanroc anyway

lq8t6fL.png

• 3 weeks later...

"3 Weeks Later"

i finally decided to get off my ass and do some levelling. thanks to some kind folks on the forums mitigating the RNG BS from the stupid eggs. i got me a Spheal and Cryogonal. levelled em both to 35, spheal evolved. and i fought shelly again.

This was still brutal. but i managed to manipulate the AI enough to work it. so by using fake-out on illumise i stopped a T1 rain dance, then setting up mist not only weakened struggle bug but also made the AI use dazzling gleam since the mist field powers it up. so i was safe from being swept by anorith by taking out illumise and the incoming anorith. cryogonal was a life saver with light screen and later ancientpower gave it a +1 everything. one shotting yanmega and chunking down araquanid slowly. eventually it was down to araquanid vs Sealeo and Cryogonal. and after body slam paralyzed it, another one plus an ice beam (out of ancientpower) ended it. seriously considering re-teaching cryogonal reflect over acid armor. dual screens this early seems nuts.

9yQjBbm.png

and one more for today.

So finally having rock smash meant i could go into the mountain near shade's gym and get cubchoo, swinub, alolan sandshrew and smoochum. A-shrew becomes a monster later with slush rush but right now it's fairly weak against the upcoming gym (though could help against one not long after) and the ice stone to evolve it dosent come till later. also smoochum obviously wasnt going to help with shade, so Big Papi and Mama Bear joined Snowflake, Doublescoop, Kitty and Thicc for my first proper team of 6. after training them and evolving them both, the orphanage was fairly easy, big papi got taken out in the first fight leaving snowflake to clean up, but during the battles with shelly, he shined through and levelled up a good few times. i swapped for DoubleScoop later who was falling behind in levels. after that i went back for the Mining Kit and picked up an amplified rock i forgot existed for DoubleScoop (mist lasting more than 3 turns is a godsend)

Against shade took a few tries, mainly boiled down to switching in and out at the right times to keep pokes alive for the later part of the fight, and how long DoubleScoop could keep mist up for since nullifying the factory field was immensely helpful (as well as a rotom, he slapped electric moves on gengar and mimikyu) DoubleScoop got the mist up, switched out and Big Papi took no damage from thunderbolt. a few ice shards took down gengar, stayed in to hit banette and die, Kitty finished it with feint attack, mist wore off. almost one shot rotom, took a discharge, finished rotom. Snowflake one shot dhelmise, DoubleScoop sacrificed itself against doublade setting up mist again, thicc chipped as much as it could but took 3 brick breaks and died, kitty finished it. last was Mimikyu. kept kitty in to bust the disguise and die, Snowflake hit ice beam, took a play rough, and hit a final ice beam critical hit to end the match. 

wjFV3na.png

And the team as it now stands. 

r6502zN.png

Individuals:

1VzwKUi.png

kWagVdf.png

RFbjT93.png

ufID5E2.png

gT5kZgZ.png

uG4PPAs.png

• Veterans

Quick note, you evolved your Swinub too early, it could've gotten Earthquake at 37 vs the 46+ for Pilo and Mamoswine. Furthermore through some breeding with the Dunsparce available underneath the Grand Stairway, you could've already gotten a Mamoswine actually.

So after nearly a full day of breeding and levelling. i bred ancientpower onto (a somehow better) Swinub. and kept it till 37 for early EQ. so now meet Big Papi V2.0

YLISNP2.png

I also trained up smoochum keeping it till 38 for Psychic. and now we have Mrs Claus

cEGIlfo.png

with these 2 in hand i felt more comfortable at the Academy. caught crabrawler just in case for later, kiki sent me up pyrous mountain (with a large quantity of super repels) and at the top i faced Cal. expected the worst, wasnt that hard. Mama Bear eliminated the field with blizzard then died to barbaracle. one Earthquake from big papi took it down. snowflake one-shot hakmoo-o, got a light screen up against turtonator. took a head smash, it lost about half its health in recoil and an ice beam finished it. and a pair of Earthquakes from big papi tanking a flame charge and lava plume in the process took out typhlosion and magmortar. 

fw9rB0b.png

After this, victoria didnt want me fighting kiki. so i kicked her ass. mama bear tanked a payback and charmed pangoro, before a pair of icicle crash finished it.  next was mienfoo. mrs claus put it to sleep and got +4 from nasty plot before finishing with psychic. a-rai still took a +4 powder snow somehow and 2 shot me with thunderbolt. big papi finished with ice shard, gallade came in, tanked a leaf blade, smacked with earthquake then ice shard for the kill. incineroar was her last pokemon. ate an iron head, earthquaked it. then died to a 2nd iron head. Thicc took a darkest lariat and finished with Brine. 

hBAomQc.png

Finally came Kiki. she took a few tries. eventually i did it though. Mrs Claus was the star. one shotting machamp with psychic thanks to the field. next in was hitmonlee. i switched the fairly useless for this fight Sealeo with Kitty and fake out ensured Lee didnt get off its own normal gem fake out and trigger unburden, as that wouldve probably swept my team. ice shard took another big chunk off before HJK one shot Kitty. big papi finished with ice shard. Lucario came in, used calm mind, and died to earthquake. Alrighty then.  Medicham was the big problem. Mrs Claus somehow, some way. barely lived a drain punch and put it to sleep then hit psychic. sadly one turn sleep sucks and a strength put Mrs claus down. snowflake avenged her with a revenge ice beam.  toxicroak ate an ice beam then finished with strength. had to fodder doublescoop using a max revive on Snowflake, a 2nd ice beam finished toxicroak. last was gallade, foddered snowflake using my 2nd and final max revive on Mrs Claus, sing, psychic and a 2nd psychic finally ended the hellacious battle with one lone survivor. the singin, nasty plottin, psychic ice demon herself. 

FrJ6p1u.png

I was told to go find cain. so i did. then i got my ass kicked by aster and eclipse. damn. so i did a few things. 

1. Evolved doublescoop then returned it to the 45 level cap. i was unaware it could get snow warning till i looked it up. and as luck would have it i had the right ability to change to snow warning on evolution. this enabled....

2. Trained alolashrew. Slush rush meant it could outrun most things. shame i wont have an ice stone for a good while yet. i mean i DO have one a nice person traded me with my starter but i'm not sure about the ethics on that one. 

So after another attempt. alolashrew did the job and took down solrock and lunatone before being fire fanged to death, doublescoop took down the lycanroc and big papi finished the other one. jynx came in, one shot Passimian and with big papi's help finished Oranguru. 

went further in to fight Taka again. clean sweep for newly evolved Walrein. he had absolutely nothing that could kill it. by the end of the fight it was sitting at 4HP but it survived and won single handedly. 

QkLW6NX.png

after that i headed back...to the city. stocked up on ice cream and a few cotton candy as well as grabbing a focus sash i missed under the grand staircase. i wanted to beat solaris. so Mama Bear lived thanks to focus sash and eliminated the field with blizzard, doing a good chunk to garchomp. Big Papi hit hard with ice shard. DoubleScoop came in to set up hail and basically neutralize leftovers. revived big papi. hit another ice shard. brought in kitty. hit a final ice shard down to the tiniest pixel of health, hail finished it before he could full restore. leaving Snowflake and Thicc as the survivors.

kNRu2Xk.png

From there i went back to the wasteland, Cain was fairly simple. through the wasteland to the poison gym

Fern Seemed simple enough, snowflake was tearing through her team pretty good, sadly all good things must come to an end, decidueye took a hit and leaf bladed back, roserade took another and finished snowflake off. mrs claus came in and i accidentally picked powder snow, it hit me with hidden power, then giga drain for the kill. sent DoubleScoop to finish it, one ice beam took down krookodile. 

GBuETcD.png

Aya was difficult. but i managed it eventually. snowflake's light screen was invaluable. helping mrs claus kill nidoqueen and take a hit from toxapex. spent snowflake's turn healing mrs claus with a super potion so both survived a heat wave from salazzle and mrs claus one shot with psychic. mrs claus died to toxapex. drapion came in, recovered with snowflake and set up hail with thicc, drapion took an ice beam, hit snowflake, then died to brine from thicc, toxapex decided to use toxic spikes. in came venusaur, which missed power whip and a 1-2 ice beam/aurora beam finished it off, her last switch in was dragalgae. hit ice beam/aurora beam, it survived, barely. finished snowflake and died to hail damage. switched in big papi and doublescoop. hit ice shard on toxapex, it hit back hard with sludge wave and mirror coat finished the match.

fPArWko.png

Advancing through the railnet and yureyu building was simple, i opted to fight Dr Sigmund because he's an assmunch. fight was a little annoying with psychic terrain blocking my priority but Cain kept hitting hard and we won quite handily. (one of the few 12v6 fights and not the other way round)

7D7apVN.png

• 2 weeks later...

And we're back.  so after making it through the railnet i stopped off in Spinel town for some meds. and took on the gym. But before that, the most annoying character in the game wants a fight!

so Bennet can go suck a cactus because in every playthrough not just for this battle, but in general. i hate his slimy, stalker, guts. His bugs were annoying but through hail, light screen and abusing the mirror field i got some crucial crits and finished him handily. DoubleScoop put in most of the work. 

box7j5u.png

onwards. and the gym leader was difficult, but manageable. ice on ice was more tactical than i thought. doublescoop did some good early work  taking out stuff with mirror shot and mirror coat, but the star of the show was Walrein. taking pretty much everything thrown at him and firing Brines back in their face. he levelled up and learned blizzard but that wont be relevant in this fight. Slush wasnt much help, probably just going to keep him benched till i can get an ice stone for now.  Mrs Claus didnt do much either (really starting to hate that Relaxed nature) everyone else pulled their weight though. about halfway through i got all the use from the mirror field i would need so Big Papi shattered it, taking out ninetales in the process, then hit a good chunk off froslass before dying. Thicc finished froslass after some back and forth, then easily dispatched Aurorus for the win. 

fpGaf4u.png

With that we get some medicine for the doll. go back to the house with it. and prepare to fight Noel...only for team meteor to interrupt. the orderlies were easy as pie. doublescoop and snowflake basically handled them alone thanks to new aurora veil and freeze dry on snowflake.

Sirius was tough but was eventually ground down, Thicc finishing off tyrantrum with a single blizzard. everything else was mostly doublescoop and snowflake doing the work. big papi did take an energy ball from chandelure barely and earthquake it back for a one hit KO it was otherwise unveventful. 

w3Irgu8.png

At this point after heading to the meteor base, i realized that some of my mons were at a decent level while others were still in the mid-high 40s. so i grinded everyone that wasnt already level 50 to that level using the wild pokemon around the house area.  after that i went on and cleared the base with little trouble. doublescoop did most of the work. 

Giant steelix was troublesome  but in the end Thicc barely survived an earthquake and hit brine for the KO.

OZEmBz2.png

Pulse Abra wasnt hard. hail, ded, aurora veil, ice beam, ded, earthquake, ice shard. abra ded.  that's how it went down exactly.  

Noel was a lot tougher than i expected. Porygon Z died to a single mirror coat from doublescoop. Big Papi hit ice shard, took a brave bird from swellow easily. and recoil + hail finished swellow. thicc took down girafarig with a pair of blizzards getting paralyzed and eating a thunderbolt in the process.  Bewear got a swift OHKO by Mrs Claus' Psychic. 

Cinccino and Clefable were the problems. cinccino mostly because of hax. but i got a good run and Mama Bear managed to charm its attack down a little. allowing her to finish it with a pair of icicle crashes. 

Clefable was a bit tougher. sing put it to sleep for 2 turns but after a nasty plot and a psychic. i ate a moonblast, missed a sing. thankfully he went for cosmic power. hit sing a 2nd time. used nasty plot once more just in case and a final psychic finished off Clefable. 

7BRliFe.png

And thus sayeth the lord, thy mortal weakness shall be'est thine undoing, frozen dairy treat most delicious.

Never thought id see the day where i beat arceus with a fking Vanilluxe but here we are.

made it through to aventurine woods, Fern was a cakewalk. got to the castle. and Cain was a royal pain in the behind.

Muk was a quick earthquake kill. mimikyu was the problem. somehow it was outspeeding my entire team. including fking Cryogonal. so i had to fodder mamoswine slowing it with icy wind and smashing it with earthquake while it swords dance>drain punch killed me. got hail up with doublescoop who hit an ice beam. got aurora veil up with Snowflake who hit a further ice beam and got a freeze! just what i needed! a 2nd and 3rd finished it (stupid moomoo milk) a quick brine destroyed alolawak, Meowstic was a little annoying but nasty plot and a pair of psychics finished it after finally hitting Sing. And after some back and forth. Snowflake stood tall over Primarina. hit ice beam, nidoking survived. and finished me. foddered mrs claus since i was almost certain she wouldnt outspeed (stupif relaxed nature) reviving doublescoop to finish the match.

YDOj6wn.png

And then came Dittoceus. after a few attempts i realized, snowflake can barel survived a judgment on a very low damage roll and aurora veil is enabled by the crystal cave field. to mitigate some of the RNG. i levelled him once off a wild unown (he was very close to lvup) and then got a rare candy from elsewhere in the tower. along with 2 more getting him to lv58. he comfortably lived Judgement now and got aurora veil up. allowing doublescoop to tank a judgment and strike with Mirror Coat to almost take it out. Kitty hit fake out + ice shard for some chip damage, so did Big Papi. revived kitty foddering mama bear, fake out + ice shard again took it to a tiny pixel of health. RNGesus smiled upon me and jugment was made Psychic by the field, which didnt affect Kitty. so hail finished off Dittoceus.

A3sMwRP.png

We join our heroes preparing to smash Radomus' chess pieces to kingdom come.  all things considered the fight was nowhere near as hard as i thought he would be. i suppose having a sneasel with feint attack helps immensely. one shot reuniclus before he got Trick room up. ice beamed gallade with snowflake, it killed snowflake, feint attack finished gallade. malamar superpowered kitty to death and took a blizzard from mama bear, mama bear died to revive kitty while doublescoop hit a nice ice beam on malamar. kitty took a huge chunk off metagross, doublescoop finished malamar. metagross hit doublesoop and took it out, kitty finished slowking in one shot. got kod by metagross and Thicc finished it. leaving thicc and Big Papi to take on Gardevoir. after a few brines and ice shards while she set up calm minds. one final Earthquake finished the fight. 

GMxDvub.png

from there the light went out, Luna got kidnapped, we invaded subseven sanctum, saved her. then took a detour to the cult of helix. got them their mighty Dux and Bird Jesus for the sail and jaw fossils. even though i only need the Sail fossil. revived it into Thicc Gurl. she got levelled immediately all the way to 62 and thus i proceeded to Iolia valley. stalker boy was back and after chasing me through the valley i finally whuped his ass back to Fairyland.  It was simple enough. 2 kills for Thicc Gurl, 2 for Snowflake and 2 for Big Papi nothing really posed a huge threat. 

ApcyqFa.png

Luna was a little tougher, but nothing i couldnt handle. the field enabling aurora veil made it easy to lead with snowflake and set up. the problems arose when she critted me for a one shot on Snowflake. Thicc Gurl took 2 shots and hit back with ice beam for a 2hko.  from there it was mostly just hitting her hard before she could hit me harder. Umbreon annoyed me so i eliminated the field, and caused a cave in with Big Papi taking them both out. Thicc was alone and at half health against her final pokemon bisharp. so i used a max revive i mined up earlier to revive Big Papi and finish with earthquake. i didnt use cotton candy because i was afraid she would outspeed, or crit sucker punch or smth. i never trust RNG in this game.

l2NJ3GO.png

Normally i like to do a couple of important battles before an update, but samson was Difficult af. so i decided to update now. after going sleepy byes almost i got dragged to the circus by weird ass mc innuendo and proceeded to do the annoying crustle puzzle to find hardy. also swung by the mountain to get Bergmite, Snorunt (after realizing i didnt get one of the several Dawn stones i couldve got earlier. rip) and for some reason, Delibird. meh covering all bases. So i said so long to Thicc Gurl and Mama Bear for now and welcomed back Mrs Claus and welcomed Titanic the Bergmite to the team. 

After a hefty amount of grinding getting the 2 newbies up to speed. i got my ass kicked. hard. repeatedly. no matter how many times i tried if the RNG was against me i was dead. so i got everyone to the level cap. and had a much easier time.

the fight was summed up as Mrs Claus beats anything slow. Titanic tanks anything super fast. and Big Papi took lucario down a peg.  Psychic made short work of Hariyama. Big Papi took a brick break, earthquaked lucario down to the focus sash, then ice shard kill. Thicc got critted by Blaziken sadly. but Mrs Claus was able to easily take a bounce and finish it with a psychic. in came Hawlucha. Titanic took a flying press and KOd back with avalanche. though even if she had got over 9000! or crit. she has sturdy lol. hoped snowflake could ouspeed Mienshao. it couldnt (yeah i need to EV at some point) instead DoubleScoop took an acrobatics allowing me to heal up Titanic with 2 berry ice creams while Hail + Life Orb recoil chunked mienshao down. Titanic took a brick break and avalanche finished the job. lastly was conkeldurr and just in case i put it to sleep with lovely kiss and finished it off with one final Psychic. 

rQT5jxr.png

i legit think that was the hardest gym in the game for this type. though Amaria, Charlotte and Titania are still to come. 

Trekked onward towards Calcenon. caught Snow Gurl the snover. though i may swap Vanilluxe for Abomasnow eventually, thats not right now. Aster and Eclipse was fairly simple since it was 12 v 12. just took awhile, i didnt have a focused strategy beyond hail + aurora veil and play by ear to see what happens. i had 2 pokemon left to aya's 1 though. Thicc stayed standing and Titanic didnt fight.

The strategy for Charlotte was fairly simple. Step 1. fodder kitty using fake out to prevent eruption. enabling Step 2. Blizzard the field away. it worked a treat and the rest of the fight consisted of utilizing aurora veil and walrein's "Technical" fire resist (Thick fat) to Surf her into submission, Literally everyone else on the team existed to sit there and throw hyper potions at Walrein. eventually after ninetales came out i revived Doublescoop to reset Hail. an annoying critical hit Volt Switch put down Thicc finally but with some Thicc of his own Big Papi was able to finish off Rotom-H with ice shard, then ninetales with another ice shard + hail damage. 

6mrGmY9.png

• 1 month later...

"Over a month later"

yeah i took a break to do. basically anything else. every time i thought "i'll play some reborn" it turned into "actually nah, i dont feel like it". today. i felt like it. and i feel like seeing if i can get this to the end before the final chapter so i can truly call it a complete runthrough. 

Pulse avalugg was fairly simple. it was just a matter of weaking its defences with rock smash and hammering away till it died. mildly irritating. Decided to bring Thicc Gurl (aurorus) for the next few fights over Doublescoop. also caught Foxy the A-vulpix outside Ametrine city.
the meteor grunts were irritating but nothing i couldnt handle. thicc gurl did most of the heavy lifting with Thicc and Big Papi cleaning up some. 

Aster was tougher, but i still handled it easily. Jynx put solrock to sleep, got nasty plot and blizzard for the KO. hoped i could live a hit from Lycanroc and hit back with blizzard, not the case. it was locked into throat chop seemingly however so Thicc easily finished it off. the rest of the team was just switch in the right poke at the right time and i ended up with Kitty taking the final kill on Golurk for the ultimate victory.

B9AynlQ.png

Been awhile since i was this far in, blake's 3 water pokemon caught me off guard. but i managed to beat him nonetheless. Walrein was the star of the show as usual taking everything thrown at him, aurora veil helped immensely. picked up a couple of freeze dry kills with snowflake. it ended up as paralyzed walrein on his side vs full health Mrs claus on mine. nasty plot, paralyzed, psychic, hit for massive damage, 2nd psychic, gg.

UIIiZxh.png

So going to terra i swapped Thicc Gurl for Doublescoop again, and kitty out for Titanic. Mewtwo was the big problem. but Titanic had sturdy and could live anything it threw anyway since psystrike targetted its colossal defence and thunderbolt wasnt STAB. body slam, paralyze. and thats the game ladies and gents. chip away with ice beams, got aurora beam up. tried to ice shard finish with mamoswine. he lived and recovered. earthquake took it to a sliver of health, lived a psystrike thanks aurora veil, and a final ice shard ended it.

As expected the ground type gym leader wasnt a massive challenge tough but easily manageable. Doublescoop took a flamethrower from nidoking and mirror coated it to death. snowflake got up aurora veil as excadrill missed a rock slide. critical hit ice beam and a swords dance followed by hail damage and its down. quagsire annoyed tf out of me, but after freezing it with doublescoop and a nasty plot battle with mrs claus and lovely kiss. the fking thing has unaware. or i assume as much since despite both being +6 (me spa her spD) blizzard did sweet FA. a blizzard crit took it to low and a psychic ended it, thicc narrowly missed the kill on garchomp with blizzard taking a draco meteor. went for it again expecting her to heal, she didnt she used flamethrower and thicc went down. mamoswine comes in, i go for icy wind again expecting a heal. nope. take a draco meteor and finish with icy wind. palossand gets frozen and crushed by doublescoop spamming ice beams, and lastly comes hippowdon, Mrs claus sent it packing with a nice critical hit blizzard.
kqfjOem.png

Pulse Swalot was actually stupidly easy compared to other playthroughs. i tried paralyzing it with Titanic but it didnt work, instead doublescoop comfortably lived a sludge wave and took most of its health with mirror coat. sadly it outsped and dishcarged me. snowflake outsped it and freeze dry ended the fight.

The meteor grunts werent difficult, just had to lead with snowflake to stop the sticky web, Florina pulled her weight well. as usual Walrein was the star of the show chucking blizzards and surfs all over the place

Blake and Fern was much of the same, snowflake single handedly took out half of Fern's team while florina disabled walrein with yawn. when snowflake finally went down to scizor it was up to Thicc to finish the job, doublescoop came in earlier so hail was chipping away at them while Thicc threw surfs everywhere taking them all down 2 at a time. eventually Blake KOd thicc leaving Titanic to come in and do some damage, finishing Fern. blake KOd titanic too but Mrs Claus put his final pokemon, gyarados. to sleep and between psychic and rock slide from flobot, gyarados went down and we won the day.

Solaris and the Orderly were actually a bit tougher, since Solaris leads with scizor and the orderly has a couple of steel types. i focused Solaris first and he was down while the orderly still had 4 pokemon. unfortunately Thicc leveled up int he last fight so being 1 level above the cap here meant after 2 turns of obedience, he took a nap and got KOd, i chipped away with whatever i could, Garchomp going down to titanic. eventually i was left with just Mrs claus, but through lovely kiss and julia chipping away each turn we finished magnezone and slowbro. ending the match. 

J2p5Y5S.png

at this point i swapped doublescoop and Mrs claus for thicc gurl and kitty. 

Ciel was strange. its been awhile since i was this far in so again, i forgot her exact team. and about halfway through i realized i didnt have the items to just "play by ear" this time, so i reset and tried a new strategy.
First Titanic dodged an air slash, hit avalanche, ate an air slash and finished togekiss with avalanche. thicc gurl took a revelation dance and ended oricorio with a single ancientpower, getting the +1 everything. even with that however gliscor outsped me, took an acrobatics and finished it with a single ice beam. minior took it down with acrobatics. snowflake got the aurora veil up, took a rock slide and ended with ice beam. thicc managed to comfortably take boomburst and blizzard noivern away. finally altaria came in, mega evolved, earthquake got an OK! which wasnt great, so thicc survived. blizzard, critical hit. KO. Walrein just fking KOd a Mega pokemon in a single shot. dayum.

fEIz4Tz.png

Small update: after returning to the restored city i did a couple of sidequests and got a super rod and toxic TM along with rotom. went back to Ametrine and turned rotom into Frost form

then took my new super rod and caught a shellder...with awful IVs, thankfully i had a ditto in storage with decent IVs and thanks to a destiny knot i was able to hatch this 

ahLJE2i.png

a fking, SHINY, shellder. with decent IVs in attack and perfect speed IVs. i was in 2 minds about this thing since i didnt see it being overly helpful in upcoming battles mainly due to the abundance of double battles but also the fact that setting up isnt really a good strategy in reborn.  but now i'm not so sure, its like the game WANTS me to use it. 

So i did a lot of work today even if i didnt make much story progress. hit the usual Adrienn roadblock that plagues every playthrough i've done so far, but i have a strategy ready (defog + alolan ninetales) 

so the main gist of what i did today was 

4950250.gif?axe_to_grind_lg_wm

hours of nothing but EV training a full team of 6 ready for the upcoming challenges. and here they are

Frieza the Rotom-F

z0yZPWI.png

bFLGEfd.png

Thicc The Walrein 

MZekv8D.png

dJF8Ec8.png

Snowflake the Cryogonal

Y0mm8b7.png

5zOc3kl.png

Mrs Claus the Jynx

ai1EQjZ.png

OBCAZco.png

DoubleScoop the Vanilluxe (who sadly after all her amazing work, may finally have to make room for Ninetales)

VZZe8hs.png

ewAsZLZ.png

and finally our newest member (Well i had her awhile but this one is freshly bred and raised. and she wasnt used for a long time)

Slush the Sandslash-A

es97mlC.png

9nn5OIp.png

so after all that i gathered the Fellowship of the Rings to assault team meteor's alleged devon corp base. none of the grunts were overly challenging with all my training.

then i got to fighting my allies.

Victoria wasnt too difficult, her pokes were just a matter of take it as it comes like most "Variety" trainers tend to be. alolachu was a tad annoying since i decided stupidly to sub bulldoze out for brick break and didnt have Big Papi with me. but eventually incineroar fell to Walrein and all was done.

gJj7Rkz.png

DJ Arclight was hella easy, Vanilluxe hit ice beam took a wild charge and hit a 2nd ice beam to finish luxray. then came raichu. Slush took a thunderbolt and got a swords dance. and thats the game, ggwp. team was all down one icicle crash at a time....or it wouldve been if exploud hadnt lived a +2 brick break and finished me with earthquake somehow. leave it to Frieza to pick up the kill with discharge and blizzard one shot the mega ampharos.

nZ1aJV2.png
Zel was stupidly tough mostly because of the pulse magnezone. even if i had brought Mamoswine it wouldntve helped since lol levitate. ironically what did it for me, was an electric battle with rotom. 

so it started simple, hail goes up, switch for thicc, take a hit, surf back, thunderbolt, dead. in comes Slush, swords dance, take a hit, iron head. iron head proceeds to KO alakazam, espeon and glaceon. most of the time at this point they sent in umbreon, but this time they decided to go right for the big boi. so i hit a +2 brick break on it for good damage and died. doublescoop got hail up again and switched to snowflake on the ultra potion, hit a nice ice beam pair and died, doublescoop came in hoping with aurora veil it could live a discharge and mirror coat, alas no. Frieza got into a discharge battle and was the one getting the "drew energy from the field" buff rather than the RNG zappy buff. so eventually it was low but KOd Frieza. mrs claus was my last hope. lovely kiss, nasty plot, blizzard miss, blizzard hit. discharge. psychic, dead. Umbreon was the last. but i had to hit 3 70acc moves in a fking row. 1. lovely kiss, hit 2. blizzard, hit 3. blizzard, hit. KO. thank you RNGesus

bfMxtm5.png

i'll probably end up tomorrow training up Alolatales to replace Doublescoop (rip) since i need the immediate aurora veil right now. though there's potential for Vanilluxe to come back later with freeze dry and decent special attack potentially helping with Amaria.

• 2 weeks later...

in a similar situation to Samson, i'm making a small update now because Adrienn was just, tough as ballz. eventually i had the idea to hammer her with choice specs blizzards from Jynx, one problem. afaik YOU CANT FINISH THE JOB SIDEQUEST UNTIL LITERALLY JUST AFTER THIS F&*$%(£ GYM BECAUSE THE F£$$£&% STATION IS STILL BEING REPAIRED AND THATS WHERE THE CONSTRUCTION JOB APPLICATION IS!

So because the game decided "lol you arent doing this legitimately". i resorted sadly to Cheese. i trained up a simisage and used the thief, fling, recycle glitch on clown indra to steal choice specs. i am now immediately putting them away until i can get them legitimately later. 

They gave me the power boost i needed though. Snowflake and Frieza started off, Defog clearing away the mist turning the field into fairy tale. this worked doubly for me since it meant A. sandslash's iron head was empowered and B. no more "fairy types gets a stupid SpD boost" snowflake damaged granbull and a dazzling gleam/rock slide combo took out my side. in came the star players, Foxy the new Alolan Ninetales and Mrs Claus once again saving the day. aurora veil went up and blizzard obliterated them. florges and mawile came in, a double blizzard hit hard but ultimately Foxy was defeated. Slush came in, finished florges with iron head and Mrs Claus fired another blizzard, Slush took an iron head from mega mawile. in comes Whimsicott who eats an iron head KO, another blizzard chunks mawile down more, and Slush is defeated. Thicc comes in for my side and her last pokemon Togekiss came too, blizzard hit them both hard, waterfall hit mawile for the KO, and mrs claus finally goes down. thicc takes a dazzling gleam, barely. and fires a blizzard back, hail almost ends it. i Heal expecting her to do the same. nope. aura sphere. again thicc barely lives, and this time the hail does finish her off. 

cjKIv7K.png

And here's foxy, the newest member.

3RZ7MYB.png

IybTsxf.png