Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

Well we did get news for Pokemon Sword and Shield from Coro Coro… Juuuust not the 1 we were hoping for though. In Japan there seems to be a contest about naming a new move at this time. The following is the type, Damage and Effect.

Type: Steel

Damage: 140

Effect: Does major damage but reduces user's Hit Points to 50%.

If you wanna see where I saw this info from, I will provide the link to the YouTube channel here.

9 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Well we did get news for Pokemon Sword and Shield from Coro Coro… Juuuust not the 1 we were hoping for though. In Japan there seems to be a contest about naming a new move at this time. The following is the type, Damage and Effect.

Type: Steel

Damage: 140

Effect: Does major damage but reduces user's Hit Points to 50%.

If you wanna see where I saw this info from, I will provide the link to the YouTube channel here.

They did the same contest back in DPPT with Draco Meteor. Slightly looking forward to the the winner 😁

Looks like May will be our lucky month! Set your eyes in May 10. I’m very much sure of that date.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

They did the same contest back in DPPT with Draco Meteor. Slightly looking forward to the the winner 😁

Looks like May will be our lucky month! Set your eyes in May 10. I’m very much sure of that date.

And we'll be closer to November! (Just assuming that's the month when the games come out)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Maqqy said:

It isss understandable since SM was released the same day and the next news came in May. We only have few weeks left before the final dawn 😁

I see what you did there 😉 

I just want to know the legends of the games ._.

EDIT/ADDING MORE SINCE I CAN"T DOUBLE POST:

@Maqqy

Spoiler

What do you think of this? More than just the thumbnail ofc 😛

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Geez. Look at the dust in here. No 1 has been here for a while huh? Well I have some news! Nothing huge. Just more of a conformation. So sorry to everyone that got hyped up about this being a big new thing. Character customization is confirmed for Sword & Shield. But also, a contest was held in Japan to make a shirt. But instead of me talking about it, here's a minute video talking about it.

Also! I know E3 is gonna be doing their thing on June 11th and we'll prob be getting some kind of news and info about the new games BUT I also learned that Corocoro is supposed come out with something on the 21st of June. Not sure if it's gonna be Pokemon related but it's something for all of us to remember.

3 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Geez. Look at the dust in here. No 1 has been here for a while huh? Well I have some news! Nothing huge. Just more of a conformation. So sorry to everyone that got hyped up about this being a big new thing. Character customization is confirmed for Sword & Shield. But also, a contest was held in Japan to make a shirt. But instead of me talking about it, here's a minute video talking about it.

Also! I know E3 is gonna be doing their thing on June 11th and we'll prob be getting some kind of news and info about the new games BUT I also learned that Corocoro is supposed come out with something on the 21st of June. Not sure if it's gonna be Pokemon related but it's something for all of us to remember.

They say that the graphics had a slight tune up but I think it’s only a colour saturation because of maybe weather mechanics in-game.

Anyways it’s a very weird turn of events since May is a month of Pokemon but ah well June is the one to keep an eye out for! E3 is right around the corner 🤩

This interview also happened:

This really explains a lot lol. Watchu guys think? You know for me personally, it’s a positive thing. In reality, GF working on Pokemon for decades, they’re probably sick of it by now. By working on new projects like Town, they’ll be able to expound more ideas and discover new things. “One team for Pokemon, another team for other projects” might be the best way to go at it for all.

ha! by coincidence I was looking into Uniqlo T-shirts (because I hear they'll be getting BNHA T-shirts soon, hope they also bring them to Chicago owo) and found out about the T-shirt competition 😛 maybe I'll pass by Uniqlo in Japan when I go in June to buy one of those- I really liked the tropical-looking one hehe

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I sure hope info first comes in E3 and corocoro reinforces that info on the 21st of June. Also, you won't be seeing that particular shirt in the game because apparently the winner violated some kind of rule. But I'm just glad there's still trainer customization~

Also, anyone find any new kind of rumor? lol

5 hours ago, Siragon said:

Well, about the t-shirt contest... it was cancelled. Drama time :

https://www.serebii.net/news/2019/23-May-2019.shtml

omg I swear like literally two days ago I checked Uniqlo and the Grand Prize winner was there and now it's been taken down. Craze!

Well tbh my fave design was Emily's (3rd) so I'm ok and still wanna do me a buy.

It sucks that people don't read the rules and now there won't be a T shirt for Sword and Shield 😞

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Candy said:

omg I swear like literally two days ago I checked Uniqlo and the Grand Prize winner was there and now it's been taken down. Craze!

Well tbh my fave design was Emily's (3rd) so I'm ok and still wanna do me a buy.

It sucks that people don't read the rules and now there won't be a T shirt for Sword and Shield 😞

How did Emily's design not win first? lol 

I think for sure @Corso would like the 2nd place design!

• Haha 2

Howdy bois! I think we have a winner here in another episode of SwSh leaks/rumors/fakeness/anythingtohypethegamebecauseweareallthristy!!

https://pokejungle.net/2019/05/31/rumor-pokemon-direct-predicted-along-with-galarian-form-details/ 

This leak was done before though it’s legitimacy is being questioned because of the slight accuracy that it contained. It’s just fun to read and a good way to keep the hype going 😁

11 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Howdy bois! I think we have a winner here in another episode of SwSh leaks/rumors/fakeness/anythingtohypethegamebecauseweareallthristy!!

https://pokejungle.net/2019/05/31/rumor-pokemon-direct-predicted-along-with-galarian-form-details/ 

This leak was done before though it’s legitimacy is being questioned because of the slight accuracy that it contained. It’s just fun to read and a good way to keep the hype going 😁

Spoiler

Thing is, there are some mega Pokemon in that Galarian variants list. How would that work out if the variants also need to mega evolve? Also, if Ralts and Kirlia are getting Galarian forms, it should also stand to reason that Gallade be there as well! Ralts and Kirlia could be males ya know. 

The direct was this morning and it was absolutely amazing. 

It's a lot of info, and I do feel like too much of it came too early because they might not be able to keep up the pace with the other trailers, but I'm still excited. 

according to this leak the bun stays pure fire, despite learning kicks

Also my favorite new pokemon is Corviknight. Combined with Scorbunny and I've got 2/6 of my team down. Also I'm playing Sword definitely because Great Wolf Sif is wayyyyyyy cooler than Shield Doggo.

Alright, so here are my thoughts after watching the direct a few times: 100% getting Shield because I like big floof-ball Doggo rather than Digimon Doggo. The direct hinted at weather being a factor for how pokemon spawned, and it looked like the game is going to be run on a clock that switches from night and day;allowing new pokemon to be caught at different times, just like in gen 2. I like the sheep pokemon, and the crow/falcon, but I don't really know what to think about the turtle. Not really a fan of Dynamaxing, as it just seems like putting mega evolution and z-moves together for three turns, but still having the ability to mega and use z-moves on other pokemon. It's definitely going to be huge for competitive, but I personally think that having so many gimmicks in battle will confuse newer players, as they would have to predict what the mega mon is, the z mon is, and the 'max pokemon is all in one battle. There goes half of a team of six from using items, to gimmicks, with only three pokemon left to use normal items. However, that might be shortened down to two if armor gets added. 

On to the characters, the professor looks like a female Oak, and I'm fine with that. However, I am not fine with our rival's name, "Hop". Like what are these wack names. I don't know how that's supposed to tie into the British, but ok. The gym leader we were shown looks very weird due to having a unit body, but having a very childish face.

I wasn't expecting Gamefreak to give us our champion right off the bat, so it tells me that this champion is going to be more involved with the story than others. In fact, I think that the champion is going to be the evil villian; he just seems too suspicious with them saying that he has somehow never lost a battle, which makes me think that he somehow cheats during every battle. I don't know if it's a trend, but aren't we supposed to be shown our villain team, or someone related to the villains sometime soon? Either way the villains are going to be wanting the 'Maxing power for themselves to wreak havoc, or maybe they already have it if the champion is their leader. 

On a side note, I don't know why anyone would go to those gym battles, because it seems like everytime someone 'maxes a pokemon and uses a move, it kills like half the stadium at least. Also ngl, when they showed that big Gyarados, I got Rejuvenation vibes from it. Also the music was great. 

• Upvote 1