Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

23 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I'm 1 of the few that doesn't watch Game Of Thrones so I have no clue. Lol. And I know. But I mean we at least know something different. Even if it's just a tiny bit. Lol. I REALLY hope March 13th trailer is real. I need to have something. I think we can save some story for later. I want just like at least 2 to 3 Pokemon reveals. That is if it's true at least.

Okay first, watch it! It’s one of my favorite series of all time. Secondly, I really really really hope too but hold your hopes up before E3 or before may. The second piece of news will most likely be on both. Meanwhile, let’s just surf the net for leaks lol.

• Like 1

@wcv
Ah, I've heard of "Pikablu" but I always thought they were referring to a glitch in GS.

The kid whose "uncle's best friend who works in Nintendo" was apparently everywhere.

@Maqqy @J-Awesome_One

I'd like to remind you that Nintendo has been trademarking many things since RBY.

Another trademark doesn't mean anything regarding to spoilers for future games.

They won't be using all of them. Most of the time it's about protecting their product.

If nothing else, they can be using those to create more hype for their games.

• Like 1

Yes that’s very likely. I also assumed to be just a random trademark because of the upcoming movie. Though we never really know, since in Gen 6 megas were hinted by this trademarks. Let’s just see 👀 Still hoping that this isn’t true tho.

• Like 1

So I just remembered a video I saw like a couple of days ago and it described the evolutions looks of the past 2 gens. And there seem to be 3 categories too. I think it was Cool, Bulky and Feminine or something like that.

Cool - Greninja and Decidueye

Bulky - Chesnaught and Incineroar

Feminine - Delphox and Primarina

From what I remember, they said that if they were to continue this trend then the Gen 8 starter evolutions should be put into this category.

Cool - Scorbunny Final Evolution

Bulky - Sobble Final Evolution

Feminie - Grookey Final Evolution

Do you all think their final evolutions will fit these descriptions or will they break the trend?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So I just remembered a video I saw like a couple of days ago and it described the evolutions looks of the past 2 gens. And there seem to be 3 categories too. I think it was Cool, Bulky and Feminine or something like that.

Cool - Greninja and Decidueye

Bulky - Chesnaught and Incineroar

Feminine - Delphox and Primarina

From what I remember, they said that if they were to continue this trend then the Gen 8 starter evolutions should be put into this category.

Cool - Scorbunny Final Evolution

Bulky - Sobble Final Evolution

Feminie - Grookey Final Evolution

Do you all think their final evolutions will fit these descriptions or will they break the trend?

They made a diagram for this theory. This is for Grookey specifically:

60C8BEAA-157D-4993-9152-3BFD0F1E0848.thumb.jpeg.d6a460f99ff37d4e06748d761eedafa1.jpeg

It may be totally random but I’m fine with it either way as long as it’s bada$$ 😁

• Upvote 1

So I'm 99% sure that the trailer that was rumored to be today is not happening but we do have something from corocoro... even though it's not anything new. Apparently, they're just showcasing what we already saw which are the starters. But they did say this. "Wait for the follow up from corocoro."

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

27 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Guess we have to wait till E3 for the next trailer but I really think May is our lucky month. Detective Pikachu releases on the same month so who wanna bet we all goin to see some Gen 8 mons in the movie? 😁

They said something about getting something next month so hopefully we don't have to wait that long.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:49 AM, Maqqy said:

Meanwhile, let’s just surf the net for leaks lol.

And so I've been doing. 

Spoiler

I have mixed feeling on this. I like Scorbunny and Sobble's 😭 evolutions so berry much here, but if they turn a cute and innocent little Monkey into that I will be berry disappointed...

I'm also hoping this time Ningentendo gives us a set shiny Pokemon like they did with Gyarados and Haxorus.

7 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

And so I've been doing. 

Hide contents

I have mixed feeling on this. I like Scorbunny and Sobble's 😭 evolutions so berry much here, but if they turn a cute and innocent little Monkey into that I will be berry disappointed...

I'm also hoping this time Ningentendo gives us a set shiny Pokemon like they did with Gyarados and Haxorus.

7 hours ago, Candy said:

I think they look ok to me, but scorbunny is the best as I predicted 😛 also it seems if these are correct, Ash will get a scorbunny as starter when he visits Galar

I'm really not quite fond of the designs 😞 Well if these leaks suddenly turned out to be real I may learn to love them in the long run. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Maqqy said:

HEADS UP

https://pokejungle.net/2019/04/09/rumor-pokemon-sword-shield-to-add-spirit-armor/

Hide contents

..... I see that text that says fire/fighting..... I’m already dreading.

Spoiler

Well, it does say it's speculation. But the idea of spirit armor does seem intriguing. If it's true, I'd like to see how they actually look.

Also, I'm ok with Grookey being a Fairy type, but I'd like to what Grookey's evolution would be to have a Fairy typing (with the armor equipped). 

I kinda don't want Scorbunny to be a soccer player, to be honest. So this time I hope Scorbunny's evo doesn't gain the fighting type evo (with the armor equipped).

And heck, I'm hoping Sobble's evolution turns into a Ghost type, much like the evo idea I posted some time recently. Although it didn't have armor ._.

Spoiler

This is first of the many many leaks that I actually find really believable. The spirit armor mechanic is actually quite cool. Let’s just ignore that fire/fighting side of this leak can we all agree?

I also wanted to share a theory that somebody stated a while ago that really makes sense. They basically said that the final typings of the starters were already signified from the first ever trailer we got.  Grookey was hitting on a “rock” with a stick, so it’ll be Grass/Rock. Scorbunny was running on a metal gear, so it’ll be Fire/Steel.  As for Sobble, it’ll be Water/Ghost. Do you think that these were really red herrings? Or maybe we’re just really reaching lol.

3 hours ago, Maqqy said:
  Hide contents

This is first of the many many leaks that I actually find really believable. The spirit armor mechanic is actually quite cool. Let’s just ignore that fire/fighting side of this leak can we all agree?

I also wanted to share a theory that somebody stated a while ago that really makes sense. They basically said that the final typings of the starters were already signified from the first ever trailer we got.  Grookey was hitting on a “rock” with a stick, so it’ll be Grass/Rock. Scorbunny was running on a metal gear, so it’ll be Fire/Steel.  As for Sobble, it’ll be Water/Ghost. Do you think that these were really red herrings? Or maybe we’re just really reaching lol.

Spoiler

Grookey hitting the rock gives me an impression that it could be a fighting type.

I feel like Scorbunny running on the gear also represents a concept of energy, kinda like electricity. So maybe it could signify Scorbunny's evolution having a secondary electric typing?

Or like you said, we could totally be wrong about all this through red herrings. 😅

On a related note, here's something I'd actually be down with:

Spoiler

Although, I'd also want that fan made Ghost evolution of Sobble's I put in a status update recently.

1354095070_ScreenShot2019-04-09at9_36_19PM.png.039e6526685be012eb629db886147438.png

So would this Sobble evo be a Dragon type?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverHelio said:
  Hide contents

Grookey hitting the rock gives me an impression that it could be a fighting type.

I feel like Scorbunny running on the gear also represents a concept of energy, kinda like electricity. So maybe it could signify Scorbunny's evolution having a secondary electric typing?

Or like you said, we could totally be wrong about all this through red herrings. 😅

On a related note, here's something I'd actually be down with:

Hide contents

Although, I'd also want that fan made Ghost evolution of Sobble's I put in a status update recently.

1354095070_ScreenShot2019-04-09at9_36_19PM.png.039e6526685be012eb629db886147438.png

So would this Sobble evo be a Dragon type?

I love all the fanmade evolutions except for that supposed "leak" with Grookey becoming Tarzan's mama. I do have faith in GF tho, since Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina were really good surprises.

• Like 1

So here’s probably another fake leak from the internet:

Spoiler

FC3F077F-E6AA-4C8C-941F-2AE94817C44B.thumb.png.fb2cbe1e47c984621b1a105490cf2e28.png

YOOOOOO

I’m actually down with this one they all look neat 😁

I’ve seen Scorbunny’s final evo before I guess these are the continuations. What do you guys think?

7 hours ago, Maqqy said:

So here’s probably another fake leak from the internet:

Hide contents

FC3F077F-E6AA-4C8C-941F-2AE94817C44B.thumb.png.fb2cbe1e47c984621b1a105490cf2e28.png

YOOOOOO

I’m actually down with this one they all look neat 😁

I’ve seen Scorbunny’s final evo before I guess these are the continuations. What do you guys think?

Spoiler

I like your enthusiasm about this 😸

But I'm not too fond of all of these designs. How does Grookey even turn into that? xD 

Scorknight (I'm gonna call them that hehehe) appears to be wearing a helmet/mask. Or....are they? If this "leak" is true, Scorknight is already naturally "wearing" armor, which throws out the spirit armor speculation out the window since it claimed the starters can be equipped with spirit armor and gain a second typing.

Except, Sobble's evolution is pretty good here! Looks just like a Pokemon from Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark called Syphoon. 9/10

29 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:
  Hide contents

I like your enthusiasm about this 😸

But I'm not too fond of all of these designs. How does Grookey even turn into that? xD 

Scorknight (I'm gonna call them that hehehe) appears to be wearing a helmet/mask. Or....are they? If this "leak" is true, Scorknight is already naturally "wearing" armor, which throws out the spirit armor speculation out the window since it claimed the starters can be equipped with spirit armor and gain a second typing.

Except, Sobble's evolution is pretty good here! Looks just like a Pokemon from Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark called Syphoon. 9/10

I’m pretty ecstatic about anything that has to do with Gen 8 really. I think I listen to Glitch’s remix of the trailer about once a day. I’m just excited 😄

Pokeserena saw this pic and said that the japanese writing is a bit off so I think it’s sort of debunked? I’m actually glad that there aren’t any credible leaks so far. GF is pretty adamant about Gen 8 being a good surprise. I like it.