Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

4 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

It's possible. The leak is somewhat credible because the 1st 2 that were said was that the games were to be named Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield and that it'd be taking place in Great Britain and it was posted almost a week before the announcement of those games.

So the title and the region it's based on were predicted? That's verily interesting.

I guess one can have hopes up for this leak. Do you feel like the armors could be based on the version, if it's a real leak?

4 minutes ago, Aldo said:

So the title and the region it's based on were predicted? That's verily interesting.

I guess one can have hopes up for this leak. Do you feel like the armors could be based on the version, if it's a real leak?

It might? I mean when Mega evolutions were here, some were only available in x and the opposite in y. So it's possible if this is real.

Here is the leak you guys were pertaining to:

D0b1QI4WwAEvtYp.thumb.jpg.8024f0552697dfa4526542002a54509e.jpg

..... I don't want any more special treatment for Charizard and Mewtwo. Please. All ignored and cast-aside mons says hi.

22 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Don't mean to double post but just saw this video and thought it was interesting to share with you all.

As I was watching this video, I'm just realizing how really BIG the Galar Region is. There's so much going on in the map that the possibilities are endless. I'm back to being excited again ✨

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

As I was watching this video, I'm just realizing how really BIG the Galar Region is. There's so much going on in the map that the possibilities are endless. I'm back to being excited again ✨

Right?! It looks so small because well we're getting to look at it from like up in the air perspective. But when you look at it zoomed in, it feels so big and adventurous and awesome and my hypeness is coming back up! Prob gonna have to watch it again... soon... 200 times... 😍

2 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

This hypeness will be the death of us @J-Awesome_One . I'm thirsty for more info 😫 but we have to be patient! Good things come to those who wait.

I'm hoping some of my fav youtubers come out with theories/discussion videos. I take it you're someone who doesn't mind getting spoiled about new things in the games? Lol.

13 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Okay so thinking about grookey's typing. It's music themed, so maybe he'll pull a Hardy and become part rock?

Or he'll be another grass/fairy. 

A lot of people are thinking Grass/Rock as am I. We don't have a lot of those. I think it's just the Lileep evolution line that has those 2 typings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Okay so thinking about grookey's typing. It's music themed, so maybe he'll pull a Hardy and become part rock?

Or he'll be another grass/fairy. 

Why does it have to be music themed? An italian youtuber has a very interesting teory instead that might be true

The three starters all share the theme of baseball. Scorebunny is the runner for obvious reasons, Grookey is the beater because beaters always do with their bat what Grookey did with his stick, beating it to the ground. Sobble is finally the receiver, 'cause the position of his hands greatly recalls receivers. 

Also, the soccer field in the stadium is probably a baseball field instead: the main reason why I say this is that the trainer only has one glove when he enters the stadium and the classic white baseball shirt and shorts. Really, there are not many sports where you wear one glove only. I know, usually players wear long pants in order to slide on the ground without getting hurt, but the trainer will never run, am I right? Last clue, the three white spots on the sport's symbol might be the three bases, but that's not sure

So the starters might be baseball-based. Don't know their typing, but grass-rock, fire-fairy and water-poison are still my wishes

Edited by Lorisaur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I'm hoping some of my fav youtubers come out with theories/discussion videos. I take it you're someone who doesn't mind getting spoiled about new things in the games? Lol.

I don't mind getting spoiled really. Not the same case with movies/tv series/anime, but with games I'm gucci with that. I've been a lurker of leaks and speculation when Gen 7 hype was happening too. Couldn't control myself 😄

Since we're on the topic of starters, I want to share with you guys what I thought was "clues" to their final evos. These are none other than, their japanese names. These are all their respective descriptions, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

1) Scorbunny's japanese name is Hibani. 

- "Hibanī may be a combination of 火 hi (fire), 火花 hibana (spark), and bunny."

* I'm already 100% certain that Scorbunny will be fire/electric. To support that theory, here is Torchic's description: "Achamo is a combination of 赤子 akago (baby) and 軍鶏 shamo (a breed of Japanese chicken once raised for fighting)."  👀

2) Sobble's japanese name is Messon.

- "Messon may be a combination of メソメソ mesomeso (sobbing) and chameleon."

*So with Sobble the only hint we get is that it's a chameleon and sobbing is it's primary trait. I deduced that it may be Water/Ghost, given that sadness is what it's portraying. What also excites me is it's Ability/Exclusive move, since it can turn invisible.

3) Grookey's japanese name is Sarunori.

- "Sarunori may be a combination of 猿 saru (monkey) and ノリ nori (excitement, rhythm)."

* Grookey will be a music-based Pokemon confirmed. Which makes it very interesting on what's it going to look like. So with being sound-based, it would be safe to say that it will be Grass/Normal. Since Boomburst and Hyper Voice are likely in Grookey's moveset.

I still feel like there's more to these starters. They might get another kind of evolution maybe? Either way, we really never know what do they end up being like. That thought excites me but at the same time terrifies me. Though I'm optimistic will all of them 🤓

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

Why does it have to be music themed? An italian youtuber has a very interesting teory instead that might be true

The three starters all share the theme of baseball. Scorebunny is the runner for obvious reasons, Grookey is the beater because beaters always do with their bat what Grookey did with his stick, beating it to the ground. Sobble is finally the receiver, 'cause the position of his hands greatly recalls receivers. 

Also, the soccer field in the stadium is probably a baseball field instead: the main reason why I say this is that the trainer only has one glove when he enters the stadium and the classic white baseball shirt and shorts. Really, there are not many sports where you wear one glove only. I know, usually players wear long pants in order to slide on the ground without getting hurt, but the trainer will never run, am I right? Last clue, the three white spots on the sport's symbol might be the three bases, but that's not sure

So the starters might be baseball-based. Don't know their typing, but grass-rock, fire-fairy and water-poison are still my wishes

In at least 3 different languages grookey's name incorporates music somehow. Seems telling that music is a theme in grookey's line.

But your listed theory is interesting.  Though don't goalies wear a glove? I feel baseball would be weird for an England region since soccer is the big sport over there but what you suggest is interesting. Personally to me the outfit looks more like a soccer one.

11 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I don't mind getting spoiled really. Not the same case with movies/tv series/anime, but with games I'm gucci with that. I've been a lurker of leaks and speculation when Gen 7 hype was happening too. Couldn't control myself 😄

Since we're on the topic of starters, I want to share with you guys what I thought was "clues" to their final evos. These are none other than, their japanese names. These are all their respective descriptions, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

* I'm already 100% certain that Scorbunny will be fire/electric. To support that theory, here is Torchic's description: "Achamo is a combination of 赤子 akago (baby) and 軍鶏 shamo (a breed of Japanese chicken once raised for fighting)."  👀

*So with Sobble the only hint we get is that it's a chameleon and sobbing is it's primary trait. I deduced that it may be Water/Ghost, given that sadness is what it's portraying. What also excites me is it's Ability/Exclusive move, since it can turn invisible.

- "Sarunori may be a combination of 猿 saru (monkey) and ノリ nori (excitement, rhythm)."

* Grookey will be a music-based Pokemon confirmed. Which makes it very interesting on what's it going to look like. So with being sound-based, it would be safe to say that it will be Grass/Normal. Since Boomburst and Hyper Voice are likely in Grookey's moveset.

I still feel like there's more to these starters. They might get another kind of evolution maybe? Either way, we really never know what do they end up being like. That thought excites me but at the same time terrifies me. Though I'm optimistic will all of them 🤓

According to an official guide of dp I had when I was 8, the starters' secondary types were chosen to interact with the other ones giving a fair shot to win even to the pokemon with disvantageous typing. Torterra was ground to fight fire, Infernape was fighting for steel, and Empoleon resisted grass while having many flying moves to fight Torterra. (not my words. The guide did not even mention ice beam). In gen 6 instead they created typings to exploit other starters' weaknesses. Greninja was water/dark to counter Delphox's fire/psychic, that was great aganist Chestnaught, who could in theory counter Greninja but protean ruined all the thing. Part of this was brought also in gen 7, with fairy beating dark that beats ghost, altough Decidueye does not have this advantage aganist Primarina

What I want to say is that probably the types will have some kind of relationship between themselves, altough we can't know how strict will they be. This makes very possibile a ghost starter with a normal starter, while a fire-electric is still a nice idea altough that would mean sucking competitively

#Sobblesquad 

19 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

According to an official guide of dp I had when I was 8, the starters' secondary types were chosen to interact with the other ones giving a fair shot to win even to the pokemon with disvantageous typing. Torterra was ground to fight fire, Infernape was fighting for steel, and Empoleon resisted grass while having many flying moves to fight Torterra. (not my words. The guide did not even mention ice beam). In gen 6 instead they created typings to exploit other starters' weaknesses. Greninja was water/dark to counter Delphox's fire/psychic, that was great aganist Chestnaught, who could in theory counter Greninja but protean ruined all the thing. Part of this was brought also in gen 7, with fairy beating dark that beats ghost, altough Decidueye does not have this advantage aganist Primarina

What I want to say is that probably the types will have some kind of relationship between themselves, altough we can't know how strict will they be. This makes very possibile a ghost starter with a normal starter, while a fire-electric is still a nice idea altough that would mean sucking competitively

#Sobblesquad 

Fire/Electric is horrendous in competitive yet who knows? Maybe Scorbunny’s bounciness can fix that? An ability that is perfect for a bunny perhaps? One that can counter ground type attacks? 👀

28 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I really hope it is Fire/Electric. Like, I'm 99% it will be that but that 1% is still maybe Fire/Steel. I'm fine with both but it'd be really cool with Electric.

Sobble is the 1 that's just up in the air. I've heard Poison, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Bug and Psychic. Out of all of those, Psychic and Ghost seem more like what it'll be although I'm starting to think it's a bit on the Psychic side. Only because in some shows (Yes. My theory is from some tv shows) when a person is sad and they're sobbing, they're able to do some MASSIVE damage with their Psychic powers. And if Sobble keeps its sadness throughout its evolution, that could be how it gets even more powerful.

No. No. No. No Normal Type for the funky monkey. I wouldn't want Normal Typing for ANY starter. Even Mudkip. (Yes. Mudkip is the way I dislike the most out of all now 24 starters) I don't hate Normal Type though. Just pointing that out. Anyways, I definitely seeing Grookey being Grass/Rock. And let's pay attention to that little stick it has in its... hair? Leaves? Idk. But it was using that to hit the rock. I bet when it evolves, that will grow bigger and maybe it'll get some kind of drum to go along with the stick.

Also, it sounds like it to me, but did anyone else notice that when you started hearing Grookey smack the stick against the rock, it was going along with the music that was playing?

@NickCrash

Also a lot to reply to, so bear with me.

I don't think the starter criteria have to be overly blatant. Sometimes taking inspiration from a design or a concept is enough. Sure, the water starters don't all necessarily embody the style of the weapon, and maybe it really is just a coincidental thing, but it's also unusual how all of them at least have 1 detail that strikingly resembles a weapon type that otherwise seems unusual, like Primarina's spikes. Also, I don't think the club reference was meant to showcase how Primarina fights, but is more meant to be a joke on clubbing seals. I also didn't specify that they had to be amphibious at all.

With the grass starters, prehistoric doesn't necessarily have to mean dinosaur or reptile. That's just the Mesozoic era. You also have the Paleozoic era which is notable for the Cambrian period full of bizarre sea life of which all other life seemingly evolves from, and more recently the Cenozoic era which comes after dinosaurs and has a lot of mammals. Birds are just as old as dinosaurs as well, and Decidueye is also a reference to the extinct Stilt Owls that lived on the Hawaiian Islands. Serperior is based on the Titanoboa, a 2.5 ton boa stretching as far as 42ft long that's also extinct. Sceptile abandons a lot of the gecko visual details and has a much stronger visual appearance to that of raptors. And Torterra's body is very un-turtle like and actually has a lot of visual similarities with the Ankylosaurus: the neck spikes, the raised back armor, and the body structure. You're right in noticing Torterra's connection to the turtle that holds the world on its back, as each generation has its own theme for their starters. Sinnoh's starters are all based on creatures of mythology. Some other examples would be Alola's theme of performers (archery, wrestling, and singing), Kalos' RPG theme (Tank, Caster, Melee), or Unova's theme of leaders of empires. I'd wager this new set will be styled around different positions of a football (soccer) team. Scorbunny becoming the striker, Sobble becoming the goalie, and Grookey becoming the cheerleader/band performer.

Also, with the chinese zodiac theme for Fire Starters. I don't see why the Pokemon has to be a directly literal representation of that creature. Charizard, for example, has a much stronger European dragon design than a Chinese dragon. Weasels may not be biologically as close to rodents as you might think, they do share a lot of aesthetics, and people used to believe they were rodents. Meanwhile foxes and dogs are very close biologically. Also I don't see the problem with another Fire-type horse Pokemon and it's crazy to think they couldn't be anything but the same. How many frog Pokemon do we have? How many cat Pokemon do we have? How many mice, rabbits, fish, mushroom, butterfly, moth, and flower Pokemon do we have? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ty_taurus said:

Sure, the water starters don't all necessarily embody the style of the weapon, and maybe it really is just a coincidental thing, but it's also unusual how all of them at least have 1 detail that strikingly resembles a weapon type that otherwise seems unusual, like Primarina's spikes. Also, I don't think the club reference was meant to showcase how Primarina fights, but is more meant to be a joke on clubbing seals.

It looks like a stretch to fit a narrative, if I'm being honest. If this was an actual joke by a company that's aiming its games at 10-year-old, I'd be frightened. It's the same people who never showed Jynx again because of possible relation to blackface. 

I also didn't specify that they had to be amphibious at all.

No you didn't, but it's one thing that seems to be a correct link among them. So I saw fit to add it.

With the grass starters, prehistoric doesn't necessarily have to mean dinosaur or reptile. That's just the Mesozoic era. You also have the Paleozoic [...] and Cenozoic era

Completely agree. As I said, saying it's prehistoric (or hinting at a close relative) is making it quite vast a category, but it's certainly not breaking the rules there.

As for each gen having a theme with the starters, I suppose you mean from gen4 onwards. That's probably when they started the connections.

Alola seems to be adding to the Kalos's RPG them with Guardian (Chesnaught), Mage (Delphox), Ninja (Greninja), Bard (Primarina), Archer (Decidueye), Warrior/Wrestler (Incineroar). 

I like your idea of different positions in the same team. I'm eager to wait and see what they'll come up with.

Also, with the chinese zodiac theme for Fire Starters. I don't see why the Pokemon has to be a directly literal representation of that creature. Charizard, for example, has a much stronger European dragon design than a Chinese dragon. Weasels may not be biologically as close to rodents as you might think, they do share a lot of aesthetics, and people used to believe they were rodents. Meanwhile foxes and dogs are very close biologically. Also I don't see the problem with another Fire-type horse Pokemon and it's crazy to think they couldn't be anything but the same. How many frog Pokemon do we have? How many cat Pokemon do we have? How many mice, rabbits, fish, mushroom, butterfly, moth, and flower Pokemon do we have? 

Too many.

I didn't say the new horse would be the same as Ponyta. I said that it will be quite hard to eliminate all possible links between them, so that it won't look like a rehash of the same idea. They already deviated with Fennekin (which is close enough, as you correctly observed, and which I applaud them for doing), and they've messed up with Cyndaquil (which we both pointed out that it's far away from target, so shame on them). So I believe they will do so again, yet, based on the number of cats, dogs, foxes, frogs, generic birds, ultra generic fish, pokeclones and whatnot, I am uncertain of whether it will be done well enough. (btw I remember Breloom, Parasect and Shiinotic. are there more shroomz?)

My only problem (or projection of future artist's block) with the new Horse-fire-type-starter, is that there aren't many ways to bypass it.

We already have a zebra, and gen7 gave us a donkey. What could it be?

Fortunately, even with the vast number of rabbits, Scorbunny manages to stand out this far.

The reason I initially despise the idea of a Grass-type-monkey-starter is the existence of the elemental monkeys which look like fakemon.

Sobble is cool. I'll wait and see how it evolves.

BTW (and that's for everyone involved in this thread)

Can we please stop calling every new idea, a "theory"? 

For something to be considered a theory, it must have evidence backing it up, and pretty much be foolproof on paper.

So yeah. Please refer to them as ideas of hypotheses. They aren't theories.

29 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

Can we please stop calling every new idea, a "theory"? 

For something to be considered a theory, it must have evidence backing it up, and pretty much be foolproof on paper.

well according to Merriam-Webster dictionary, a theory is "a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena".

That means it can be a plausible principle, which encompasses a lot of things.

The same dictionary also has this other definition for theory: "a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation"

so theory is pretty much a synonym for hypothesis at this point lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of ideas, I have 1! Now tbh, I did get this from a YouTube vid but I kind of forgot everything it said except for a couple of things.  Now with how we're speculating the starters to do with some kind of action is no doubt correct. But I whole heartedly believe that they do not have to do with 1 thing. It's 3. Now I'm not TOO sure but I think the UK are hugely known for these 3 things. Soccer/Football, Music and Theatre. So let's put the Pokemon with the write activity shall we?

Soccer/Football = Scorbunny

Music = Groovey

Now those 2 are more than likely what they're being referenced to. But then that leaves Theatre.

Theatre = Sobble ?

Maybe not now at its base evolution but what if it evolves, it's timid nature becomes more... dramatic? As if its putting on a show? Idk. It doesn't sound too... "Farfetch'd" to me. 🤣 … I'll never do that again. But yea. If we try to base it around Theatre, then I say its final evolution with most likely be either Psychic or Ghost. But who knows. What do you all think? And if I'm wrong about what's big in the UK, then I apologize but hey. THE HYPE IS STILL HERE! (with me and hopefully a lot of you too)

19 hours ago, ty_taurus said:

Sure, the water starters don't all necessarily embody the style of the weapon, and maybe it really is just a coincidental thing, but it's also unusual how all of them at least have 1 detail that strikingly resembles a weapon type that otherwise seems unusual, like Primarina's spikes.

"All Pokemon attack, therefore all Pokemon are based on weapons."

That's more or less the same argument.

Anything can have 1 detail that resembles a specific thing if you are willing to squint hard enough. That's not even getting into the fact that all of the other water starters DON'T have something that resembles a weapon. Greninja doesn't, and Feraligatr doesn't. I know people try to clam "brass knuckles" for the latter to which I have to ask, have they ever SEEN brass knuckles? They don't look like that, at all. The ridges on its arms are an extension of the ridges along the rest of its body. Like it legs and side.

For Greninja, the "theory" (a term I use extremely loosely since theories have evidence backing them up) gets even MORE nonsense as it had to be modified to include attacks too, which ties into what I said at the top. I guess Charizard is based on a weapon as well since it can use Flamethrower, which is an ACTUAL weapon. So is every other fire Pokemon of course. And most electric types are as well since they can use Zap Cannon, and hey a cannon is a weapon. Let's also not forget every Pokemon that can use Swords Dance. A Sword is a weapon, and since Greninja establishes that being able to use a move with a weapon in its name qualifies so is Bidoof.

Hell, Bidoof actually fits BETTER because a sword is an actual weapon, rather than a tool for distraction the way a shuriken was.

I want to mention to the people arguing that Grookey must be normal because so are the music/sound based attacks, it could also be a possibility that Grookey gains a hidden ability a la Primarina's Liquid Voice. It might just be that Grookey gets a hidden ability that changes sound based moves into grass type. I am also on team grass-rock (just a feeling I can't explain), and it would be cool to have some more special-based rock moves.
Might be possible someone else mentioned this before, but I did not read that (I didn't read everything), but felt like pointing it out.

@Candy

I have to challenge the second definition's authenticity, because "theory" is a scientific term. No matter what the common usage may be, it's not right, yet it's still included in dictionaries, usually as a 2nd or complementary definition. 

14 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I think the UK are hugely known for these 3 things. Soccer/Football, Music and Theatre.

...and Imperialism.

Meaning Sobble is going to... gobble 25% of the pokemon world.

And then be sad about it.

Sherlock! I think I've cracked the case.

Tea's on me!

~ ~ ~ 

I'd like to cast more attention towards what the game titles promise us. 

There has been word of "armor" and "attacks". How would such be implemented?
Would special pokemon receive them, similarly to how megas were distributed?

What's going to become of alolan forms? How does one get them in the UK? Will there be imported pokemon, or should all possible ones hold specific items?

What happens if I want an A-Vulpix? Do I make a K-Vulpix, then evolve it magically, then breed it?

Will Ash-Greninja be a thing? Can we kill it? Please?

Do we get a new pika-clone? What do you expect of the new pika-clone? Will it be powerful like Azumarill and Mimikyu, situational like Togedemaru or crappy like Minun?

If we indeed walk the path of pokemon-football...

... which kind of pokemon will be the new Voltorb that we accidentally kick and enter a wild battle with?

2 minutes ago, guidy said:

I didn't read everything

Surprisingly, I've heard this multiple times during my recent exams, albeit with much more apparent frustration and hidden tears.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:28 AM, Maqqy said:

D0b1QI4WwAEvtYp.thumb.jpg.8024f0552697dfa4526542002a54509e.jpg

So apparently, the same guy who did this has put out another I guess "leak" (although I'm not believing it until we see some new trailers or whatever) and these are what he said will be in the game. I couldn't find the pic so I'm just writing it down from the video I saw. Btw, anything written in parenthesis is me thinking what this could mean.

Exscalebur and Trojallant both are part Steel types (I'm guessing these are the assumed legendaries he's talking about)

Team Magic are literally angry wizards (Evil Team?)

There are 11 different Ancient Armors (I have NO clue what this could mean but it has me curious)

Mewtwo, Charizard and Zeraora each have Armored Sword and Armored Shield version exclusive evolution (Sooo… we're gonna get Charizard with a Sword or Shield? Lol.)

There are only 64 new Pokemon (This would be kind of a huge bummer if proven right but I'm just happy for a new game so I can live with this if it's true)

3 new eeveelutions (This 1 I'm actually hoping is true. The last 1 we got was Sylveon and that was like 6/7 years ago?)

So that's everything the guy had said would be in the game. What do you all think? For me, I'm kind of hoping that there are more than 64 new Pokemon. But if not, I can still live with it. But I'd definitely be down for more eeveelutions. And if there are to be 3 guaranteed in this game, no doubt Steel and Dragon would claim 2 of those spots but the last 1 I would feel would either be Rock, Ground or Ghost.

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So apparently, the same guy who did this has put out another I guess "leak" (although I'm not believing it until we see some new trailers or whatever) and these are what he said will be in the game. I couldn't find the pic so I'm just writing it down from the video I saw. Btw, anything written in parenthesis is me thinking what this could mean.

Exscalebur and Trojallant both are part Steel types (I'm guessing these are the assumed legendaries he's talking about)

Team Magic are literally angry wizards (Evil Team?)

There are 11 different Ancient Armors (I have NO clue what this could mean but it has me curious)

Mewtwo, Charizard and Zeraora each have Armored Sword and Armored Shield version exclusive evolution (Sooo… we're gonna get Charizard with a Sword or Shield? Lol.)

There are only 64 new Pokemon (This would be kind of a huge bummer if proven right but I'm just happy for a new game so I can live with this if it's true)

3 new eeveelutions (This 1 I'm actually hoping is true. The last 1 we got was Sylveon and that was like 6/7 years ago?)

So that's everything the guy had said would be in the game. What do you all think? For me, I'm kind of hoping that there are more than 64 new Pokemon. But if not, I can still live with it. But I'd definitely be down for more eeveelutions. And if there are to be 3 guaranteed in this game, no doubt Steel and Dragon would claim 2 of those spots but the last 1 I would feel would either be Rock, Ground or Ghost.

I also happen to have read this continued leak and I find it quite skeptical. First of all, the first one is already questionable, but knowing or even guessing the titles of Sword and Shield gives it credibility. Now for the second one, I don’t really believe he’s the same guy. He might, but I don’t think he is or maybe I just don’t want to lol. Because I really don’t want his “leaks” to be real. 😐

Having only 64 new Pokemon is fine for me. It’s already a lot, and understandable given that the number of Pokemon is almost reaching 1000, so they’re toning it down a bit for now. Plus marketing-wise, it’s hard(or maybe a hassle) to promote a BW dex of mons for the franchise so it’s okay for me. BUT. I hope they still make variant forms a thing. I truly love that addition because I consider Alola-Ninetales to be one of the best mons in Gen 7.

i’m fine with everything EXCEPT the evos for Charizard and Mewtwo. For the love of Arceus, don’t. Even Zeraora? Kill me. Though given that Charizard and Mewtwo are so popular and Zeraora barely had enough screentime and background, it’s so bad that it will most likely happen. I hate it. 😑

Putting content, leaks and rumored evolutions aside, I always had one question in my mind when the trailer released and everyone is on the hype train. “Will Pokemon Sword and Shield finally beat my favorite game (Pokemon Emerald for me) as the best one of the series?” I really hope so. I want to feel that feeling again of never wanting to stop playing the game like I did with Emerald (I sat the whole entire day playing and can still recall those feelings of enjoyment vividly). It’s been a while since I felt like that in a Pokemon game. It really sounds like I’m expecting too much from this game lol but I’m just excited. I freaking love hype season 😆

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Putting content, leaks and rumored evolutions aside, I always had one question in my mind when the trailer released and everyone is on the hype train. “Will Pokemon Sword and Shield finally beat my favorite game (Pokemon Emerald for me) as the best one of the series?” I really hope so. I want to feel that feeling again of never wanting to stop playing the game like I did with Emerald (I sat the whole entire day playing and can still recall those feelings of enjoyment vividly). It’s been a while since I felt like that in a Pokemon game. It really sounds like I’m expecting too much from this game lol but I’m just excited. I freaking love hype season 😆

Ehh. I never really had that 1 favorite canon Pokemon game. I kind of liked all of them... except for Black & White 2. Those are the only 2 that I've never finished. I just couldn't get into the story. But I get what you mean. I still think this is gonna be fucking awesome as hell. I already know that when I get these games (which prob won't be until Christmas because that's when I got all the other games xD) I'm gonna be playing this for like 24 hours and I'll prob still won't be done but boy, is it gonna be fun.

• Like 1