Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

4 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

So while this isn't an exclusive Pokemon Sword and Shield direct, it's gonna have it in this direct tomorrow.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-04-2019/

A part of me really believes that we will get starter evos!! September was always the month for the second stages (as with gen 5,6 and 7). If not well, new info is always exciting. Alarm set to 3pm!

• Like 2

Ok. So somethings to go over since I just saw the Nintendo Direct for Sword and Shield. (That was the only thing I was interested in)

Character Customization

Now of course this was gonna be in the game no doubt. But they're adding onto it. With the clothes portion, We can now add jackets and gloves now instead of just the standard shirt, pants, shorts, socks and shoes. On the actual character itself and it seems its for the girls side only (If I missed something from this part and it's for guys too, correct me please.) you can out make up on them. Now while this was needed, I like how they're adding more stuff onto character customization. It's alright to me.

Pokemon Camp

Pretty sure rumors of this were starting way back in the year about this being a thing and it looks like they were true. And to me, it's ok. I mean it kind of looks like they just replaced what you could do from last gens game. Except this time, you can do it with other peoples Pokemon too(?) Not my thing but if it's your thing, then you might be happy or not. Idk.

Curry With Rice

I forgot what they titled it in the direct so this is what I'm calling it. Anyways, this seems... Idk. Again, it feels like they just replaced the mini Pokemon Snap game in S/M/US/UM with this. I refer back to my previous statement up above for this 1 as well. Moving along.

New Pokemon

Now I thought for sure today was gonna be the starter evolution reveals but it seems they wanna keep that hidden for a little longer for some reason. But hey. I'm excited with the new Pokemon they showed us. The 1st 1 they showed us was Polteageist. And... I fucking love it. It's a ghost that has taken over a tea pourer thing. I just... YES! You cannot have a Pokemon Game based in the UK and not have a Pokemon somehow involved with tea. It's just not possible. The last 1 they showed us is Cramorant. A Water/Flying Type Pokemon. Now to me, it has a decent design and an alright typing. It's nothing to scream home about. But then you take a look at its ability, Gulp Missle and... it's funny but it's pretty cool too. Once it uses Dive or Surf, it'll catch food and try to eat it. If attacked during this state, it will spit the food out at the attacker, damaging it. I think it's very interesting and unique. Never thought I'd see a Pokemon use its prey as a weapon but there you go.

After Investigating A Little More On Other Websites

Now this is mainly about the new and old Pokemon so if you don't want to see what there is to say about this, then feel free not to read this. Gonna go back to Polteageist. It has happened folks. We went went from a food Pokemon (Ex: Vanilluxe) to now a drinking Pokemon! It will only allow it trusts to sample it. So we can literally drink from it. Very interesting I have to say. I just don't want to find out what exactly we're drinking though... A little bit of gross humor is cool right? Yea? Ye- No? It's not? Ok... Moving onto Cramorant! Not much to say about this 1. It really loves to eat... Now I wanna see an eating contest between this and a Snorlax. It'll spit out any prey it didn't intend to swallow up, doesn't forget its trainer, will attack its trainer if they try to steal its food, yada, yada, yada. What I really wanna point out is this.

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/cramorant/

When you see the pic that has it spitting out its prey, you realize something? It's a Pokemon we've never seen before. It has to be a new Pokemon that just hasn't been officially announced right? It kind of reminds me of Mantine and Remoraid except the Mantine isn't trying to eat the Remoraid. So who is this Pokemon, what could its 2nd typing be (if it has 1 at all and its 1st typing is obviously Water) and yea. I wanna know more about that Pokemon. And then there's the last bit of info I got from here.

Go to I think it's around 1:25. Notice anything different about Alcremie? It's a different color. Not because it's a shiny but because it's in a different flavor. You know what that means? We got a rehashed version of Flabebe and its evolutions everyone! But I'm actually fine with this. It makes this Pokemon unique now. But yea. This is all I have to say about this. Let me know what you all think!

@Vinnie No!!! 😛

Also this whole bit about camping made me think: there's like, almost nowhere to camp for most of the first half of reborn. You can't camp in the city, can't camp on the wasteland, theoretically you could camp in chrysolia but not until after you dealt with the meteor base, etc.

Alcremie gets different forms! It was already hinted on its gigantimax form. The layers of cake represents the other forms. That’s pretty neat.

Cramorant..

EDqARloU4AEZyju?format=jpg&name=large

At first I thought it’s design was kinda... bland. But they made it up when it showcased gulp missile 😂 lol I love the personality! 

It’s also worth taking note that the alleged confirmed “affleck leak” said that it would carry a pikachu or a “barracuda” when it surfs or dives, but instead it would carry a fish. This must mean that those leaks may be confirmed 100%, doesn’t mean they’re final. Scorbunny will be fire/electric. I swear on my life.

Now with Polteageist... Some man on 4chan actually predicted it 4 years ago!

EDtX5eXW4AAs8jL?format=png&name=small

That’s just funny 😂 Anyway Polteageist is okay. I hope it evolves into something more cooler. I’m guessing it’sthe teapot mon we’ve seen on previous trailers? Really thought it’s gonna be an elephant or some sort. Though the color schemes are different if you look close enough.

SwSh has the best trainer customization by far. Wider range of clothes, hairstyles, etc. What I like most is you can customize and “give” your own personalized card with your choice of styling pose!! That looks really neat I love it.

I want to also talk about camping. Camping is basically where they have put a lot of work into when it comes to animation. Maybe this is what they were talking about. Still, just to make a side thing work they made dexit? Well, we’ve seen far enough but it is still too early to judge the game. I want too see all of it until can finally give valid criticism.

Anywho, I wished we could’ve have gotten starter evos 😖 Oh well. So when is the next announcement?? Lol

Japanese trailer:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

@Vinnie No!!! 😛

Also this whole bit about camping made me think: there's like, almost nowhere to camp for most of the first half of reborn. You can't camp in the city, can't camp on the wasteland, theoretically you could camp in chrysolia but not until after you dealt with the meteor base, etc.

Hey, I'm just pointing it out. It's the Galarians that are doing the evil deeds here. 

And I don't see why you couldn't camp in the city or the wasteland. The wasteland would be rough, but in the city it wouldn't be horrible. I mean there wouldn't be any resources to gather in either places, but nothings stopping you from throwing up a tent, making a fire and cooking on the spot. 

Also I saw someone's art on reddit and besides being beautiful, it does make me wonder how much more there is to the Galar dex. The Alolan dex was pretty big(roughly 100~ pokemon if you include Alolan forms), so I feel as if this gen we might end up with a smaller batch of pokemon being introduced. 

Besides that, I don't think they're capable of not showing off every new Pokemon in a trailer before the games come out. 

Spoiler

tuoci5tknsk31.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

3 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Sooo… Some very interesting news about Pokemon Sword and Shield. A new Pokemon has been confirmed on the official website but... it seems they decided to have it look glitched? See for yourself for what I'm talking about.

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/zbpkxr1gw8/

SIRFETCH'D?????

Edit: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/zbpkxr1gw8/ Stats of the mon! Fighting type with Steadfast. So the question is... IS IT SIRFETCH'D?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

SIRFETCH'D?????

Edit: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/zbpkxr1gw8/ Stats of the mon! Fighting type with Steadfast. So the question is... IS IT SIRFETCH'D?

I think it is. Also, try looking at it from a different angle. It looks like it’s holding a sword & shield when I flip my phone just a bit to the right. Then it looks like it’s holding a long sword when I turn my phone upside down. It also looks like a bird each time.

Just now, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I think it is. Also, try looking at it from a different angle. It looks like it’s holding a sword & shield when I flip my phone just a bit to the right. Then it looks like it’s holding a long sword when I turn my phone upside down. It also looks like a bird each time.

IM SHAKING

• Like 3

Just now, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I KNOW! Although, that 1 seems unrealistic. Only because it does look like it’s wearing glasses. But still. I can’t wait to see what it actually is. It better be revealed soon. Idk if I can wait for this for that long.

I'm literally spamming refresh on Pokemon's twitter page and I cannot be stopped........... I want my boi sirfetch'd cmon GF!!! 😭

38 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Why is your boi so heavy though? It don’t look big or muscular in any way you look at it. 😂😂😂

You think all the muscles would be clearly visible underneath a thick down of sturdy protective feathers? Hogwash, utter hogwash! In seriousness though, if it does prove to be like what Maqqy sketched, then the weight is likely taking the equipment into consideration. Lances ain't light, man!

I personally don't think it's the legendary sirfetch'd myself (seriously, why would they just remove one of farfetch'd's Ability slots on evolution?).We don't exactly have much to go off of, though, aside from the description being worded in such a way as to imply that it' a Regional Variant of some kind, though, so who knows? The method of revealing this one is certainly a bit odd, however, especially for a pure Fighting Type- if this is indeed sirfetch'd, then maybe it's hinting at a Galarian Form for the other Kantonian duck pokemon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

You think all the muscles would be clearly visible underneath a thick down of sturdy protective feathers? Hogwash, utter hogwash! In seriousness though, if it does prove to be like what Maqqy sketched, then the weight is likely taking the equipment into consideration. Lances ain't light, man!

I personally don't think it's the legendary sirfetch'd myself (seriously, why would they just remove one of farfetch'd's Ability slots on evolution?).We don't exactly have much to go off of, though, aside from the description being worded in such a way as to imply that it' a Regional Variant of some kind, though, so who knows? The method of revealing this one is certainly a bit odd, however, especially for a pure Fighting Type- if this is indeed sirfetch'd, then maybe it's hinting at a Galarian Form for the other Kantonian duck pokemon?

Maybe it’s the G.F. Form of Farfetch’d & then that will get an evolution

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

I was kind of hoping that Farfetch'd would get a crest in the next episode or two of Rejuvenation, but this works too.

Off topic but what's a crest? I got stuck early on in Rejuvenation and I'm looking to finish reborn before I try it again.

5 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

Off topic but what's a crest? I got stuck early on in Rejuvenation and I'm looking to finish reborn before I try it again.

Crests are enhancement items introduced for certain Pokemon in V11 (with more in V12).  They are made to improve the performance/niche of fairly bad or mediocre mon (though in a case or two it changes the playstyle of the mon).  I think the idea comes from the Mystery Dungeon games, but crests are incorporated into the lore (or side-quest bonus lore at least). 

Unfortunately, they are fairly late in the current version of game, but some of the effects do honestly improve a mon by a good margin.   Farfetch'd would have been a perfect candidate for a crest, if they weren't reviving the long-ago idea of an evolution (it seems).

Spoiler

NYX3Qti.png

• Upvote 1