Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

I want to say thank you to the one who put up the spoiler tag 😂 Apologies. I think I lagged the hell out of this forum topic with that post lol.

15 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

@Maqqy I agree with everything you said in your post but I just have 2 things to say.

1. Why is everyone SO in love with Corviknight? Lol. I mean it looks cool but... It just looks like an evolved form of Skarmory. Not saying it is btw.

2. If you look closely at the screen where you're battling Hop (Btw, seriously? Hop? What kind of name is that?) if you notice the amount of Pokemon he has, there's 2 PokeBalls and 1 of them is grayed out which means that 1 of them is fainted. A lot of people are speculating that since his brother is the champion, he gets both of the starters.

ImageImage result for corviknight funny

Cool is an understatement, my dude.

He just looks so medieval I love it. He's kinda like the Pokemon version of Dracula or something. 

Some people are saying Corviknight would be the regional bird of the region, the final stage perhaps?  

Hey that's nice! I never noticed that. I would have no problem if he has two starters. That's different! 

That would certainly be unlikely though. According to the leaks (if these were to be true), maybe Bede or Marnie might get the other starter. 

Also, Hau also had a Pichu at the very start of SuMo. So maybe it'll be the same for Hop's case, having his other mon to be Hoppip. Get it............. See what I did there

14 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

I mostly agree with everything you said but I can't do this. My favorite pokemon are deal breakers, if by some miracle all 6 of them is in and I get the game as a result, my experience will still be brought down by this decision.

This part of my message is mostly directed to the people who are taking it too far in instigating hate in the community. The decision has been made, so there's really nothing to do now. 

Although like I said, with people like you who play Pokemon differently, the case is not the same. I find it perfectly understandable in playing SwSh with spite or not buying the games at all. 

For those people like yourself, maybe I suggest taking on a different approach, just this one time for these games if you do plan on playing them nonetheless.

Try only using the new mons, explore every new ability/moves and take on every new mechanic that was implemented in this gen. Continue to find that motivation to play the game by being excited about what's to come.

It's still a new Pokemon game. Let's be positive 🙂 

13 hours ago, seki108 said:

He's good, but let's see if he's Alder level before trying to measure up to the true champion

Either way, this does reek of gen 1 pandering.......again.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit I started during Gen 1 because of how much they keep harping on it.  I get that it makes money, but after Let's Go side game they've maxed out on how much could be called reasonable.

Are you rating it top because of it's presumed splashability?  We don't have all the info yet, so maybe it and Gigamaxing will have a yet unseen downside?

Maybe the new mons and features will be enough to make up for everything lost or maybe not.  If I was planning on getting this game, I would definitely need to see more before committing actual money to a product.   Unless they really screw up, it wouldn't be the complete hard pass that the Let's Go side games were.  They've still got months to reveal more so people can make their decisions on this one.

1. Or he might be like N...... who sinister in disguise 😨

2. It's never gonna stop. At this point, "nostalgia" should be tattooed in GameFreak's logo.

3. I rated it to what it seems to give out but I think the little info we had was enough. I agree and yeah we haven't seen Gigantimax yet (if it turns out to be true). 

The mechanic just seems to be more stable than Mega evos and z-moves. Not entirely sure though, we will see.

4. I personally would get this game (#TeamSword whatupp) just cause you know, my toxic sheer love for Pokemon.

This isn't me being bias believe me, but I think it's going to be worth it. A new pokemon gen game is always worth it. It has never failed in my opinion.

14 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Why would Hop receive two starter Pokemon? Just because his brother is the champion doesn't mean he'd get two of them -_-

Don't be greedy Hop...

He's a spoiled little kid and he needs some arse whoopin... we going to wreck this kid. 😁

What I would get for an evil rival tho. Not like Silver who's a baddy, but like N in a way. Though the difference would be that this rival will be totally maniacal in the end. That would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Maqqy said:

He's a spoiled little kid and he needs some arse whoopin... we going to wreck this kid. 😁

What I would get for an evil rival tho. Not like Silver who's a baddy, but like N in a way. Though the difference would be that this rival will be totally maniacal in the end. That would be awesome.

One thing to consider is what if he has one other Pokemon before he got the Galarian starter? 

On 6/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Eagleby18 said:

How has no one posted "wingull.gif" yet?

https://streamable.com/frva6

HIGH QUALITY ANIMATIONS

WE DELETED YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON(S) FOR THIS

Oh I was actually looking for that when I made my last reply on this topic.

Someone on reddit made a better model in under a day apparently. 

It's just bants until about 20 seconds in, but it looks pretty slick. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:40 PM, Eagleby18 said:

How has no one posted "wingull.gif" yet?

https://streamable.com/frva6

HIGH QUALITY ANIMATIONS

WE DELETED YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON(S) FOR THIS

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Oh I was actually looking for that when I made my last reply on this topic.

Someone on reddit made a better model in under a day apparently. 

It's just bants until about 20 seconds in, but it looks pretty slick. 

Yikes.

If there’s even a small amount of possibility, hopefully GF will FINALLY learn from this experience.

If not then whatever floats their boat I guess.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Ohh yea. I totally forgot where I saw it from but we're supposed to get some kind of news and info on the 29th and 30th of this month I believe.

👀👀👀 

Atleast they’re aware that we’re still starving. Give us that sustainability!

Masuda should take this chance to elaborate on the decision further. We still need more clearance.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 1:26 AM, Maqqy said:

Yikes.

If there’s even a small amount of possibility, hopefully GF will FINALLY learn from this experience.

If not then whatever floats their boat I guess.

👀👀👀 

Isn't Corocoro due on the 21st with the "latest info" on Sword and Shield?

• Developers

Don't know if this has any merit to it but I've heard some people theorizing that the reason gamefreak is not putting all there staff onto newer games is because gamefreak feels like nintendo is phasing them out and nintendo doesn't need them as much because pokemon go apparently is making alot more then gamefreak has been making them. Hopfully pokemon never turns fully into a mobile cash grab series. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, smeargletail said:

Don't know if this has any merit to it but I've heard some people theorizing that the reason gamefreak is not putting all there staff onto newer games is because gamefreak feels like nintendo is phasing them out and nintendo doesn't need them as much because pokemon go apparently is making alot more then gamefreak has been making them. Hopfully pokemon never turns fully into a mobile cash grab series. 

Pokemon GO is indeed making a lot but I don't think Nintendo is phasing GF out, for now at least. The games still take priority as they are the catalyst that pushes the franchise forward. Pokemon turning to the mobile world seems probable and looks like we'll eventually head that way, but that won't be for a long time. 

GF has Town now and other projects that will soon come about, so that's probably why. Masuda has done a lot for Pokemon, but I think it's time to give that to the newer generation. 

16 hours ago, smeargletail said:

I've heard a lot of speculation on this as well. We do know for sure that GameFreak is working on a new jrpg that isn't Pokemon as well. 

I've also heard that Miyamoto is responsible for a lot of this as well, as he's taken over quite a bit since Iwata left us, and Miyamoto doesn't seem to be too interested in what the fans want.

ngl

a sonic mania but for pokemon would sound pretty cool right about now.

Fans make better fucking games then GF does nowadays.

Also, am I the only one who feels like the name "Dynamaxing" is just stupid?
Like, for the theme of the game, GF could have atleast called it a promotion or something along those lines, because that atleast falls in line with the theme of the game (like how you promote pawns in chess).

Also honestly I feel like this is going to be awful for battling. Like I don't feel like anything good is coming from this from the way GF described it cause they made it sound like a mechanic with very little to no counterplay, but maybe there's more restrictions to Dynamaxing that GF isn't telling us.

14 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I've also heard that Miyamoto is responsible for a lot of this as well, as he's taken over quite a bit since Iwata left us, and Miyamoto doesn't seem to be too interested in what the fans want.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was, as he likes to force whatever the new gimmick is and if he is I'm betting the plot of SS will be even worse than X&Y as he is the reason behind the fall of the Paper Mario games.

About Dynamax ...

The stat boost is thankfully only a HP boost. Pokemon will become more bulky and have strong additional effects such as setting up fields, weathers or lowering/boosting stats. I don't know what defensive moves do though.

The power of these moves is average. Just like Z-moves, it depends on the base move but I've seen Double Edge turned into a 140 BP Max Strike. It's not broken then.

I am looking forward to how it will work in the competitive stage. But I'm more confident about it now. What do you guys think?

7 hours ago, Des Teto said:

About Dynamax ...

The stat boost is thankfully only a HP boost. Pokemon will become more bulky and have strong additional effects such as setting up fields, weathers or lowering/boosting stats. I don't know what defensive moves do though.

The power of these moves is average. Just like Z-moves, it depends on the base move but I've seen Double Edge turned into a 140 BP Max Strike. It's not broken then.

I am looking forward to how it will work in the competitive stage. But I'm more confident about it now. What do you guys think?

I'm confident about it too. Dynamax might be that thing that looks weird and doesn't fit at first but will eventually turn out to be something vital that's going to shake up the competitive scene. The way it works is really like Mega + Z-moves in a sense.

So this happened

Masuda released a statement regarding the recent issue.

This caught me off guard though. The backlash seemed to have been really unanimous for them to respond to it. It’s the first time they’ve done this.

It pretty much confirms that patches or dlc’s aren’t planned for the games. Not surprised.

Let’s see how 2020 will turn out.

6 hours ago, Maqqy said:

So this happened

Masuda released a statement regarding the recent issue.

This caught me off guard though. The backlash seemed to have been really unanimous for them to respond to it. It’s the first time they’ve done this.

It pretty much confirms that patches or dlc’s aren’t planned for the games. Not surprised.

Let’s see how 2020 will turn out.

It's such a bad response. The community is all fired up again thanks to it because it really shows that they just don't care.

I'm thrilled the community is taking a stand for itself again, although some of the responses I've read on twitter are disheartening. There are a lot of details that are up for debate, but to ignore some of them such as the knowledge that the models used in SwSh are simply re-scaled poly models from X/Y is obnoxious. 

• Upvote 2

Lol the game’s not going to underperform, just like how Let’s Go didn’t underperform. The few hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans extremely upset by this won’t compare to the millions of people who are still going to buy it.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, Lucky98 said:

Lol the game’s not going to underperform, just like how Let’s Go didn’t underperform. The few hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans extremely upset by this won’t compare to the millions of people who are still going to buy it.

I can't really say whether any of this is true or not. People are still going to buy and play it. Whether it underperforms is really down to the perspective of the player, however, we can see there are issues so far. Just because some people are willing to roll over and accept or ignore these issues doesn't make them non-existent, it just means those people are easily pleased.

The national dex was the tipping point, especially with how it was handled alongside Pokemon Home but other issues such as graphics, the loss of gimmicks and the fact that with each and every addition to the core series of games there's been less and less of a postgame. Add in the extra cost due to it being a switch game and the fact that you have to pay for online services, and there's a bit of an issue. 

Expectations are higher now more than ever because of the price increases as well as how the switch cartirdge can store as much as 8 times the amount of data that the 3ds carts could.

Is it still going to be a pokemon game? Yeah. Despite everything, it'll likely still be somewhat enjoyable, even if it isn't as good as it could be. It doesn't change the fact that future generations will continue to have cutbacks, and eventually the games will cease to be enjoyable for that reason either. Absolutely no one wants these games to be bad or not up to standards though and we know that GF is capable of so much more. That's all.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3