Windy Wiliness

Amethyst

• Administrators

A few peculiarities I've noticed wrt strong winds/sky field:

• When Tailwind is used on Sky Field when the overworld is not windy, it creates a mysterious air current, which then disappears immediately. 
  • Cloud Nine only cancels weather effects in sky field if the Cloud Nine Pokemon is sent out first at the start of battle, because that script is located at the battle initialization instead of when Pokemon or sent out or in each round. 
  • I don't know if this one is a bug because I'm confused and it's made me question everything-- using any super effective move against flying targets gets annulled to neutral effectiveness, even if it would normally be super effective against the other typing. I.e Ice Punch vs Dragonite goes from 4x > 1x instead of 4x > 2x.
    This isn't how I would expect wind to work, but I can't find a canon confirmation as to if it does. On the other hand, I thought I remembered us fixing something like this in Reborn. So now I'm not sure if I'm misremembering, or if we did fix it and y'all didn't fix, or if we did fix it and shouldn't have, or what.
    halp.

mysterious air current only negates super-effectiveness against Flying-type. 
if you hit a Flying/Fire Pokémon with a Water move, it will still be super effective.
or in this case, should be.

bulbapedia and the German Pokéwiki do agree on that, as well as Smogon's Mega-Rayquaza overview.

A mysterious air current causes moves that would be super effective against pure Flying-type Pokémon to instead deal neutral damage to all Flying-type Pokémon (unless a Pokémon on the field has the Air Lock or Cloud Nine Ability).
Outside of Inverse Battles, this causes Electric-, Ice-, and Rock-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon; during Inverse Battles, this causes Bug-, Fighting-, Grass-, and Ground-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
If a move is not super effective against the Pokémon's other type (for dual-typed Pokémon), this no longer counts as a super-effective hit (for the purposes of damage-reducing Berries, etc.).
A mysterious air current has no effect on Stealth Rock or Anticipation.