The most satisfying thing in Pokemon Reborn (kind of spoilers)

Med Down

Spoiler

I'm at the Devon HQ on my mono ground team, and because my ENTIRE TEAM is immune to Electric types, I'm having a great time! I did a mono water type run, and this part was hell on Earth. I highly encourage you all do a mono ground run through 

Pros

-Get to start with the coolest starters, Mudkip or Turtwig

-You get to experience the joy of using a Quiver Dance Wormadam, getting to +6 SpAtk, and three hitting a Plusle with HP Steel (highly recommend this)

-This Puzzle is ez pz

-The perverse satisfaction of using a Sand Force Dugtrio just to Memento

Cons

-My Steelix doesn't know Earthquake, but everything else does

-Mudsdale is now one of my top 5 favorite pokemon

-Every pokemon is bulky

-The Pulse Swalot fight was miserable, I had to Memento it to -6, then PP stall it with my Steelix

https://gyazo.com/d9df43a9b4b2c4e79175ab9a158c99ab 

Reborn Ground Mono.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Med Down said:
  Hide contents

I'm at the Devon HQ on my mono ground team, and because my ENTIRE TEAM is immune to Electric types, I'm having a great time! I did a mono water type run, and this part was hell on Earth. I highly encourage you all do a mono ground run through 

Pros

-Get to start with the coolest starters, Mudkip or Turtwig

-You get to experience the joy of using a Quiver Dance Wormadam, getting to +6 SpAtk, and three hitting a Plusle with HP Steel (highly recommend this)

-This Puzzle is ez pz

-The perverse satisfaction of using a Sand Force Dugtrio just to Memento

Cons

-My Steelix doesn't know Earthquake, but everything else does

-Mudsdale is now one of my top 5 favorite pokemon

-Every pokemon is bulky

-The Pulse Swalot fight was miserable, I had to Memento it to -6, then PP stall it with my Steelix

https://gyazo.com/d9df43a9b4b2c4e79175ab9a158c99ab

Reborn Ground Mono.png

Since you'rea at Devon, would recommed you to get Seismitoad or Quaqsire, with your current team, Amaria will become she-devil against you. Not to mention she uses Ludicolo, Gliscor would be useful too. And finally, Claydol with Trick Room, as your team can be outspeed easily, Trick Room will help you to decimate your opponents with brute force. 

You didn't ask for some suggestions, but I though it could be of help. Sorry if you don't want it.

Just now, Destrakon said:

Since you'rea at Devon, would recommed you to get Seismitoad or Quaqsire, with your current team, Amaria will become she-devil against you. Not to mention she uses Ludicolo, Gliscor would be useful too. And finally, Claydol with Trick Room, as your team can be outspeed easily, Trick Room will help you to decimate your opponents with brute force. 

You didn't ask for some suggestions, but I though it could be of help. Sorry if you don't want it.

Thanks for the input! My current plan is to Rock Polish with Torterra (once I finally get that TM) and spam Razor Leaf. I actually have a Quagsire as well, but I used a Quagsire (and Space frog) a ton in my monowater playthrough. I'll resort to those kind of shenanigans if I lose too much with these friends.

Just now, LilyX said:

I disagree. The most satisfying thing is hatching a perfect IV shiny after trying for 20 minutes. You should try it!

I did breed somes shinies Eevees, though not perfect'd Iv'd, they were close to.

EDIT: I was like, "WTF U SERIOUS?"

Edited by Destrakon

One thing I dislike about ground mono is how they hit each other in doubles a lot. You have some great mons for sure(plus some real powerhouses) but   magnitude, bulldoze, and earthquake hit the ally too  so you're oftentimes hurting yourself  in doubles. Also they're sloowwww.  There are a lot of fun ones though. Also in the beginning you're pretty limited, there's like a grand total of 2 pokemon before pulse tangrowth?  One which might not even show up(numel), one which requires headbutt(burmy), nincada I think maybe but like why even bother and  your starter? Ah wait there's the onix too, forgot about him.

Guess it's not so bad. I'd take turwig over mudkip though since mudkip gets wrecked by tangrowth/flobot, making your rough start even rougher. Though I suppose julia's oricorio would be tough to deal with using turtwig.

6 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

One thing I dislike about ground mono is how they hit each other in doubles a lot. You have some great mons for sure(plus some real powerhouses) but   magnitude, bulldoze, and earthquake hit the ally too  so you're oftentimes hurting yourself  in doubles. Also they're sloowwww.  There are a lot of fun ones though. Also in the beginning you're pretty limited, there's like a grand total of 2 pokemon before pulse tangrowth?  One which might not even show up(numel), one which requires headbutt(burmy), nincada I think maybe but like why even bother and  your starter? Ah wait there's the onix too, forgot about him.

Guess it's not so bad. I'd take turwig over mudkip though since mudkip gets wrecked by tangrowth/flobot, making your rough start even rougher. Though I suppose julia's oricorio would be tough to deal with using turtwig.

I swept the first hard battles with that Quiver Dance Wormadam. Fun Fact: all cloaks of  Wormadam evolve at level 20, immediately learns QD (so does Mothim), and you get get Sand Cloak Burmy from the alleys in Peridot. Low Key Wormadam sand cloak is a secret carry for the Julia fight. Only if you aren't screwed over by the hidden power you have. But Sand Wormy has like ~100 base defence and low SpDef, SpAtk, and Speed, so QD turns it into a very bulky mildly fast threat. Also Fun fact: Wormadam is female only (Madam) and Mothim is male only (Him), and I have no clue how to pronounce their names. Wer-madam? Mot-him? Irre-levant? Anyways, if you ever play Memeborn, remember the Glory of sandy cloak Wormadam.

OH! ALSO! when I need to do double battles I keep Torterra or Mudsdale on the field, both can take my own EQs for days, Mudsdale gets insanely bulky (especially because I transfered over an Assault Vest like a dirty cheater) EV spread for Equporto 252 HP, 100 SpDef 156 Atk. Homie drank a Hydro Pump from Blake's Starmie.

Edited by Med Down
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Med Down said:

I swept the first hard battles with that Quiver Dance Wormadam. Fun Fact: all cloaks of  Wormadam evolve at level 20, immediately learns QD (so does Mothim), and you get get Sand Cloak Burmy from the alleys in Peridot. Low Key Wormadam sand cloak is a secret carry for the Julia fight. Only if you aren't screwed over by the hidden power you have. But Sand Wormy has like ~100 base defence and low SpDef, SpAtk, and Speed, so QD turns it into a very bulky mildly fast threat. Also Fun fact: Wormadam is female only (Madam) and Mothim is male only (Him), and I have no clue how to pronounce their names. Wer-madam? Mot-him? Irre-levant? Anyways, if you ever play Memeborn, remember the Glory of sandy cloak Wormadam.

OH! ALSO! when I need to do double battles I keep Torterra or Mudsdale on the field, both can take my own EQs for days, Mudsdale gets insanely bulky (especially because I transfered over an Assault Vest like a dirty cheater) EV spread for Equporto 252 HP, 100 SpDef 156 Atk. Homie drank a Hydro Pump from Blake's Starmie.

Oooh I forgot burmy evolves so quickly, but I had no idea it learned Quiver dance on evolution now, that's insane haha. Though it feels like logically you'd get trash cloak from the alleys but I'm not going to ruin that by suggesting it to ame.<_<

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:13 PM, Monochrome_Complex said:

Oooh I forgot burmy evolves so quickly, but I had no idea it learned Quiver dance on evolution now, that's insane haha. Though it feels like logically you'd get trash cloak from the alleys but I'm not going to ruin that by suggesting it to ame.<_<

Bizarrely enough, after the city is fixed, the alleys gave trash cloak. I EV trained on a different savefile, and I had to go to Apophyll to get sand cloak. Tanzan mountain didn't give sand cloak either, it's pretty wonky, but who really cares enough to patch Burmy? Mothim is 10x better than any Wormadam, and cloak doesn't matter to Mothim.