Late Game Mega Charizard good?

Nue

So, I'm using my Original Choice Charmander as my starter (Yes, I know Blaziken is a god but I liked Charizard since I played Blue version). So after around an hour of restarting for a good nature/IVs I got this Modest little guy.

Good.png.037343c6b0643fd1a008a7fffa1bf801.png

Normally I would auto go with Y for the mega but I am told Y is not in the game (yet). So I was thinking later on I can change its nature to Naive or Hasty for a Mixed X cause I really want my starter to be my mega and I know X is in the game. I know it only has 15 in its Attack but honestly it will mostly be going on its Sp. Atk cause I believe Tough Claws on X will make up for its Sp. Atk being almost double. And X has the same attack for both Physical and Special.

So should I hunt up a Charmander with good Atk in Special and Physical or just change this guys nature down the road when I get access to X? Not looking for a God-tier mon but would it at least be playable in boss matches/gym matches?

You can try a 'discount' Charizard Y with the ability Solar Power. It's a decent sun sweeper. Heat Wave will decimate your foes in double battles.

You can pair him with something with Prankster in order to set the Sunny weather efficiently. The earliest choice is Liepard.

10 hours ago, not Azery said:

You can get Ninetales shortly after. Solar Power Charizard actually hits a lot harder than Zard Y since it can have an item and an extra ability.

I would but my typing OCD would throw a massive fit lol. I plan on using an Alolan Vulpix as soon as I find it (guessing its where all the ice is on the map). I'm already planning to breed out a Shiny Budew with Extrasensory as soon as I find Ditto (May just ask someone for the partner to breed with). Plus Shiny Roserade matches my character sprite.  Figured with Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, and it hidden ability it would hit good.

The moves I'm thinking for Charizard X is Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Air Slash, Steel Wing/Smokescreen (I like to use the starter given not breed out one with Dragon Dance on it).

Edited by Nue