My Concept for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fan game

TyranntX

Yes, I'm back.... Hello again Reborn. I'm back again to give my thoughts of my "ideal Mystery Dungeon" fan game. I would make it myself but there are three problems that are too big of obstacles.

1. I am not a programmer!

I can't even code, which is why I'm so hesitant on working on my own projects anymore, and with a HUGE lack of community tutorials there's no way I can find stuff out on my own.

2. Lack of resources!

I prefer the 2d style of Mystery dungeon, and since a 3d style isn't even possible id have to stick to the former any way. Not to mention sprites only exist for gens 1-4 to my knowledge, not exactly great if one wants to keep relevant. In addition I can't seem to find any proper tools for a mystery dungeon game. And The ones I DO find don't have download links, so you can imagine the frustration one feels.

3. I am not a spite artist/editor

I suck at art, I REALLY suck at art. I could practice for 1000 years, and still make crap art. With a lack of proper resources I'd have to make my own stuff. Resources alone are hard to come by as it is, but to add custom made stuff be it borrowed or made my self? That's just a mess waiting to happen.

Soooooo. I'm leaving this message here for anyone ambitious enough to try and take some of these ideas and make them their own... not like I can do anything with them. That said, Here's my cluster mob of ideas....

The Story

Like every other PMD game, the player is a human who was turned into a pokemon and lost their memories, only remembering that they were once human and their name. They were brought to the pokemon world to restore balance to nature.... you get the gist. I know it's the typical start and I have not really deviated much. This is where I start to do so, and it's nothing but originality from here on out. The player was brought to this world by Mewtwo, who had a vision of a horrible apocalyptic event that will destroy the pokemon world. This would be done by the hand Giratina the ruler of the Under Realm, a hellish world enveloped in darkness and despair. Giratina seeks to expand his domain, and to do so he must merge the Under Realm with the Over Realm (where the story mostly takes place). In Mewtwo's vision, he saw that Giratina can be defeated, but only by a human. So, he used his psychic powers to take a human from their world, transformed them into a pokemon, and them to the pokemon world, for a bit of added protection he also erased their most memory. and that's the back ground of where the player came from. When the player awakens, they will find themselves in the wilderness as usual, where they will meet their partner. The meet them as they were on their way to town to sign up to be an officer of the World Law Enforcement Guild (That's right, the theme for the team of this game is pokemon police officers), and protect the innocent from bad pokemon and keep the peace of the world. Buuuuuut, before the player and their partner character can head to town, They come across a pokemon who is on the run from another pokemon from which they stole from. It is up to the player and their partner to go after the thief by chancing him to the end of a dungeon, where they will fight the theif and take back the stolen property. When the Thief is defeated some members of the Law Enforcement guild arrive to see what transpired, impressed by the player and their partner. This leads to the officers offering them both jobs at the guilds, and they start their new lives working in law enforcement. And the adventure plays on from there until the end, with many events happening in between.

Some arcs that I hand in mind were ties to Giratina preparing to make his move to launch an invasion on the Over World. With The Player thwarting the plans as they go. Such as Ghost and Dark pokemon crimes rising exponentially, or the disappearance of a number of psychic and dragon type pokemon. Both of which the player and their partner are tasked to investigate with some help of the other guild members. Though I cannot say what as I have not put enough thought into them to really make them note worthy (besides this is a concept, it's not like this is ever going to be made anyway). All that is needed to be known is that some of the more of them leak a bit of hints about what the sinister legendary pokemon is up to, which arouses suspicion to the guild (Some of which suspect the player and their partner are in on it). Haven't planned much beyond that.

And that's my idea. Do what you will with it because I cant do jack.

• 2 weeks later...