I am here to grovel

Vinnie

But really I'm just here to say that Episode 18 was amazing and really well done. 

I probably would've finished it months ago but I decided that when it was released that I'd start my game from scratch for a variety of reasons from trying to figure out the easiest pathing through the game to wanting to see any early game changes that might've been made. 

Spoiler

The Glass WorkStation gauntlet was amazing, although I really believe it the 2nd and 3rd battles there could use buffs. I had to back down once at the beginning of the gauntlet because I realized how much I needed a combined rocker and spinner(or defogger, but I'm pretty sure I decided that it'd be easier to grab a Forretress rather than a Skarmory). 

Only thing I was really disappointed in was how dull the Lin chase was during the battle of Agate City. I suppose that makes a statement on it's own, at least story wise, but gameplay wise I'd have loved something a bit more. 

Also not too sure about Hardy's difficulty, but then again, my team had a lot on him and it's the rock type, during late game. Not much you can do for that.

Overall really great job, thanks for the wonderful content. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Also not too sure about Hardy's difficulty, but then again, my team had a lot on him and it's the rock type, during late game. Not much you can do for that.

IIRC, it was AI that failed to comply with trick room rock team strategy, so Ame tried to make it extra fast, but, as you said, not much to be done here.

26 minutes ago, Sirrobert said:

Or just any pokemon with Wide Guard.

This seems to be the case with the majority of doubles gym battles apparently. It helps with charlotte and adrinne too.

I should probably get it lol.

I thought 

Spoiler

The gauntlet was already hard enough, especially since you don't know how many fights you're getting. Luna was the easiest part of it but the first and 3rd fights don't really need buffs, that said the gltich where the AI stops doing anything could stand to be fixed of course.  I actually find that reborn's leveling caps discourage making gauntlets being too hard in general since they make it very easy to overlevel past it due to the large exp gains.  Like my volcarona and medicham are already 90 after finally beating it after 6-7 tries.

10 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

This seems to be the case with the majority of doubles gym battles apparently. It helps with charlotte and adrinne too.

I should probably get it lol.

I thought 

Reveal hidden contents

The gauntlet was already hard enough, especially since you don't know how many fights you're getting. Luna was the easiest part of it but the first and 3rd fights don't really need buffs, that said the gltich where the AI stops doing anything could stand to be fixed of course.  I actually find that reborn's leveling caps discourage making gauntlets being too hard in general since they make it very easy to overlevel past it due to the large exp gains.  Like my volcarona and medicham are already 90 after finally beating it after 6-7 tries.

I haven't tried wideguard, but I'm surprised the AI won't predict it. I don't know about how well it'd be for Adrienn since I don't recall him using his spread moves that much, but Charlotte basically spams heat wave non-stop regardless of what you're trying to do so you'd destroy her with that. 

Overleveling isn't really an issue. Actually, it's an advantage if you do it in battle. 

From what I've learned, if you overlevel during back to back battles, or just in general during a battle, your pokemon will not disobey you(not terribly certain about b2b battles). Basically if you're in a position where the game won't allow you to common candy your mons down to the level cap because you're in battle or in a cutscene that's leading to more battles then you don't need to worry. 

12 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

I would think B2B battles would still suffer from the disobedience, since it's technically another battle.  Hence why overlevelling is an issue in regards to gauntlets specifically.

Yeah, I would too, but I don't recall having any issues with it yet. 

Regardless of that, I would also like to think that it's technically your responsibility to plan for the potential overlevel by holding back from the level cap at least by one level. 

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, I would too, but I don't recall having any issues with it yet. 

Regardless of that, I would also like to think that it's technically your responsibility to plan for the potential overlevel by holding back from the level cap at least by one level. 

Hmm if you're right this is quite  a revelation lol.