Trespassers: Director's Cut: The Bus

Hal Henderics

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't long after the group got situated on the bus, before a small blue ripple in the air appeared. It hovered there for a moment, blowing a slightly cold breeze into the bus, before out plopped a woman wearing combat boots, black jeans with a couple holes in the legs, finished off with a white t-shirt and leather jacket promptly falls onto the ground. Her rear impacts the floor of the bus, as she exclaims "Jeez... couldn't be a little gentler?" It was Calvera, her very light and long blonde braided, and left dangling behind her, her bangs down in her face before she fixes it up. As she looks around at the faces around her, she perks up. She stands, and dusts off her jeans. "Oh, hey guys... How's it going?"

Arminius had been fairly busy, working on experimenting with using his essences to craft. Which is why the thump of someone falling got him to look down the aisle with an eyebrow raised. And then he quickly ducked back into his seat as confusion, bewilderment, and finally joy flowed through him. He took a moment to calm himself before standing to better project his voice. "Calvera? What are you doing here, I thought you were busy uh... exploding."

"Well... turns out the universe had other plans, apparently." She scratched the back of her hair, and shrugged with a short giggle. "But hey, I'm here now!"

With a surprising burst of speed, Calvera scoots her way over to Arminius' seat, and plops down next to him, wrapping her arms around him with a slight squeeze. It lasts for a few lingering seconds, before she lets go, and fixes her hair once again. She smiles to him and then sits back. "I've missed you Armi! It's felt like forever.."

Arminius smiles at the half hug. Sure he could probably just hug one of his minions if he really wanted to, but that'dbe both weird and not as satisfying. The sabotuers nods, a hand reaching up to scratch the border of one of the new burns adorning his face. "Yeah, feels like months have passed, although it's only been a few days... so what happened when you were gone?"

Calvera leaned her head onto Arminius' shoulder, sighing deeply, and nuzzling her head into a slightly more comfortable position. She paused for a minute or two, gathering her thoughts, and then began to explain. "I... well, it's hard to explain. I had returned to my body... my true body. And then... well, I don't know how long I was like that. It's hard to tell, when you're a giant ball of gas... but I was suddenly back with that doctor that explained to us why we were here. We had a conversation... and then they sent me here. It's all a bit of a blur... It's like... well... have you ever had one of those dreams that you're falling, and right before you hit the ground, you shoot awake? It felt like that. Like my life was milliseconds from ending and then... I was alive again. Except it was real..." She paused, to reflect back once again, thinking back to the time that had just past, gathering up what other details she could. "And... when I woke up... my first memory was us in the woods..." She face began to redden. "And when I shot awake, I yelled your name... like it was instinct." Calvera chuckled, and lightly shook her head, still leaning on Arminius' shoulder, and closing her eyes to relax.

Arminius smiles a little as Calvera finishes her story and leans into him. He sets aside the chest plate he had made in favour of drawing the star girl into both his arms and giving her a firm squeeze, almost fatherly in nature. "Don't worry... this goes for anyone on my team but especially you. I'd sooner get interrogated by inquisitors that let you die. Even if it I was killed I'd come back through sheer force of spite." He is quiet for a few moments before continuing with a sigh.

"Well, I say that but... I did something awful to Satomi when you were gone. We had gotten into a fight and... she was provoking me and... Ugh, I attacked her I used some essence to try and scar her and is just suddenly set her on fire, then when I removed it I think it took a bit of her soul with it and... I had to run away. But she survived and that's what's important."

"That's sweet, Armi... I'm not sure if I'd be able to say the same. Death is... scary. I don't want to have to go through that."

Calvera smiled, despite the grave topic, and put a hand on Arminius' arm, as if to hold it exactly right there. She rubbed his arm affectionately, though entirely to comfort him. She could relate with hurting those around her, and fearing the consequences. A long, deep breath then a sharp exhale, then she spoke up quietly.

"It's hard thing to hurt those around you... regardless of it being intentional or unintentional. It's rough for everyone involved... I don't hold anything against you. I would be a hypocrite if I did... however, I am happy Satomi is still around, and living. How're you holding up about it?"

Arminius sighs at the question. "I've been badly burned pretty much everywhere the soul bit touched, and... I feel guilty about it. I shouldn't stoop to the level of letting taunts get to me but... gods, she just reminded me so much of a paladin in that moment that I just wanted to hurt her, make her think twice about getting anywhere near me and expecting to be safe. It's disgusting."

It was the moment Arminius mentioned the bad burns, that Calvera sat up slowly, and inspected his face, holding his chin in her palm. She looked over any burns that were there with a solemn look, and then brushed over his cheek with her thumb affectionately. "If it's any consolation, you look just as handsome as when I left." She lowered her hand, laid a soft peck on Arminius' cheek, and then rested back on his shoulder, giving a moment of thinking before replying more. "Well, Armi... it happened. As much as it sucks, it did. Best you can do is try to make up for it, and then let it be in the past."

Arminius nods. "Well as it could at least, siege came a few days early but we managed to route them in the first assault.... In hindsight, that wasn't much of a siege thinking about it. But yeah, worst thing to happen was a wall falling, but nothing really got in. Pretty fortunate."

"I'm glad... I thought about that a lot while I was away... I wondered if things didn't go as well since I wasn't there." Calvera nervously looked around, before turning her attention to Arminius again, with a forced smile. "Then again, you all have always been the more capable people on the team, compared to me.."

Arminius flicks the star girl on the head. "Don't say that. You just have a particular skill set where you excel. If you had been in the siege I'm sure you would have been one of the most valuable assets to the team, if not the most valuable. The only reason you don't feel as capable is because you haven't had as much experience as the rest of us. If anything, you're more skilled that most of us given how long you've been human."

"You're just saying that.." Calvera blushed, and lowered her head. She chuckled a sole time. It was funny. She certainly didn't feel like a particularly skilled, or valuable member. It just wasn't words that she imagined herself to be described with. "Well, between Satomi's wall, and I don't know... Kusuke's time stuff... a little bit of fire is lackluster and... destructive."

Arminius shrugs. "It may seem only good for destruction, but what do people use to make their tools? Cook their food? Heat and light homes? All of it requires fire. If you need to do anything to be more useful it'd probably be learning to better control yourself. "

Arminius stares blankly at that correction. He didn't know that. At all. Still he mentally shakes off the shock and nods. "Yeah, it's hard to learn new things, but it'll be good for you. And everyone around you I suppose. You've been pretty good about not hitting friendlies so far at least."

"Yeah... learning is what life is about, right? Not that I would know, heh..." Calvera sighed, and stared at the ground blankly. "Yeah, besides the time I almost roasted Kusuke alive, and nearly deafening and blinding everyone in that laboratory... all in one go..."

Ena:

After the two ships arrived, Ena made her way to the bus in particular. It seemed to be the station for a number of drones, in addition to the dimension traveling, so there might be something of interest. While her sensors were indicating some odd things in general they had been doing so on a fairly regular basis since she'd been pulled into this mission. However, she had time to spare, so she sat down in the back of the bus, and began to take some more time consuming scans.

Local field strengths, spatial curvature, anomalies in particle decay, all this would take several hours at the very least. But it would hopefully be high quality data.

Harry:

After some consulting, during which anyone near the bus would hear a few surprised exclamations along the lines of "What do you mean, it doesn't matter if they're drinking or smoking!?"

One by one, everyone on the ships feels a presence contacting their minds, followed by Proditors voice asking them to report to the bus for a routine medical examination.

When you arrive, Harry and Rachel are seated in the medbay, with an array of tools ranging from the mundane and comforting to the extremely intimidating. These tend to be grouped closer to Rachel.

"Alright, so here's the thing. We have a big-ass ship, and a ton of people traveling between worlds, and Rachel and I here thought maybe we shouldn't spread the bubonic plague to any of these places unintentionally. So you're going to get a checkup. First things first, you're going to need to fill this out."

Harry holds out a piece of paper, on which are a number of questions, and another blank paper. "I didn't want to write this a million times, so just write your answers here so we can keep them on file. After that, we'll do the actual tests and stuff."

The Form:

Spoiler

Name:

Species:

Sex:

Highest level of education:

Do you smoke or drink:

Any allergies which you are aware of:

Previous medical history, including all hospitalizations and diagnoses that you are aware of, and known medical conditions in your family:

List of known abilities and how you have seen them interact with others:

Any nonstandard biology you are aware of:

List and describe the worlds you have been on to the best of your abilities:

Please indicate recent contact with magic and/or psyker abilities as this may affect treatment:

Further comments/concerns. Please do not hesitate to mention even things which seem trivial:

We will of course test all of this to the best of our abilities, but it is simplest if you can give honest and complete answers as much as possible.

Law's Form

Spoiler

Name:

-Law Juperous

Species:

-Precursor

-Prefer not to answer

Sex:

-Male

-Doctorate-equivalent

Do you smoke or drink:

-No

-None

Previous medical history, including all hospitalizations and diagnoses that you are aware of, and known medical conditions in your family:

-Unimportant due to biology

-Multitasking, N.A

-High Intelligence, N.A

-Heavy Gene Modding

-Heavy Nanotech Presence

-Heavy Zeptotech Presence

-Nonstandard Cellular Structure

-Nonstandard Organelle Structure

-Nonstandard Bone Structure

-Nonstandard Organ Structure

-Nonstandard Brain Structure

-Dusty Mechanical Area (Wasn't there for long)

-Medieval world with inherent zeptotech (magic) capabilities

Please indicate recent contact with magic and/or psyker abilities as this may affect treatment:

-Body has been modified by Eco.  A substance made by Precursors.  Used for nanotechnology, zeptotechnology, and modification.

Further comments/concerns. Please do not hesitate to mention even things which seem trivial:

-None

Proditor's form

Spoiler

Name: Proditor

Species:

-Ethereal

-3,114 years.

Sex:

-Male

-Equivalent to human doctorates.

Do you smoke or drink:

-Neither.

-None that I am aware of.

-None.

-Psionics

--Depending on how I manifest it, I can utilize my psionic power for a large variety of tasks, from controlling minds to lifting objects.

-In terms of human knowledge, my entire body is 'nonstandard'. Most of my bodily functions are taking care of by my brain, and I must inject food into my bloodstream, predigested, in order to feed.

-Too many to say. Worlds desolated, uninhabited, and several filled with life.

Please indicate recent contact with magic and/or psyker abilities as this may affect treatement:

-From my knowledge, my own existence could be described as a 'psyker'.

We will of course test all of this to the best of our abilities, but it is simplest if you can give honest and complete answers as much as possible.

Freya's form

Spoiler

Name: Freya Wentz

Species: Human

Sex: Female

Highest level of education: High-Magistrate

Do you smoke or drink: Nope

Any allergies which you are aware of: Shrimp

Previous medical history, including all hospitalizations and diagnoses that you are aware of, and known medical conditions in your family: Nothing of note!

List of known abilities and how you have seen them interact with others: Necromancy, which lets me reanimate the dead, blood rituals, and recently portal magic, letting me create... Well, portals.

Any nonstandard biology you are aware of: Nothing out of the norm.

List and describe the worlds you have been on to the best of your abilities: A world where we were hunting down by a giant man with some large gun and hook, and world with more magic and dark cultists. Actually, make that two worlds with magic and cultists.

Please indicate recent contact with magic and/or psyker abilities as this may affect treatement: Well, I am a mage.

Further comments/concerns. Please do not hesitate to mention even things which seem trivial: I should mention that I have died several times before, so yeah.

Azgrurk's form

Spoiler

Name: CAPTEN GENERAL COMMANDAH COMISAH CENTERION WARLOK NOB WARBOSS AZGRURK DA SECOND OF DA 433 BRIGADE

Species: ORK

Sex: ORK

Highest level of education: WARBOSS

Do you smoke or drink: IT AIN'T A WIN IF YA DONT DRINK!

Any allergies which you are aware of: I'D BE DED IF I HAD ON!

Any nonstandard biology you are aware of: ORK IS PRETTY ONSTANDERD TO HUMIEZ

List and describe the worlds you have been on to the best of your abilities: VILLAAGE WIF ZOGGIN' GOBLIN' TRAITORZ, SOME ROOM WIF A SCREN.

Please indicate recent contact with magic and/or psyker abilities as this may affect treatement: I HAVEN'T SEEN A PSYKAH FOR YERZ!

Further comments/concerns. Please do not hesitate to mention even things which seem trivial: TEZT

Law:

Spoiler

"Thank you. . . Law? I'm sorry, I don't know what a precursor is, some type of rat?" Harry mulled over the sheet for a bit, before shaking his head. "No, no, that's rude of me. Well, this is quite the impressive list, gotta say. Not quite sure what's safe and what isn't given the list of augmentations. Gene modding shouldn't be too hard to get around comparatively, but the nanotech and. . . zeptotech? Is that like, on zeptometer scale? Because I'm pretty sure that's subatomic and I've got no idea. . . Anyway, if you could just clarify that a bit, because I don't think either of us want anything we need to use to treat you to be rejected by whatever enhancements you have."

"Also can I have some samples of. . . all of it."

Proditor:

Spoiler

"Alright, nothing that I didn't mostly know here, but best to have it on record. Now, I've got two questions, the first being, what type of neurochemical effects do you observe in those exposed to your powers? You've indicated before that there are some."

"Secondly, do you want something out of this? Given sufficient time, with your abilities, new bodies with less upkeep might be within the realm of possibility. I know Angelis wanted the avatars, we could probably do something similar though maybe less ethically dubious, eh?"

Following this, he quieted, to let Rachel speak. There was definitely some friction there, and who knew what she'd have to say about the alien.

Freya

Spoiler

"Freya, Freya. . . alright. High Magistrate, high up position of course, but what were you taught in that education? And like, how many years of constant education was it."

". . . Necromancy and portals. . . Necromancy could be useful, if it includes a biological regeneration/reanimation component. That could be really useful."

Harry paused at the 'died multiple times portion'. "I suppose that does make sense. I trust you've made a full recovery from your multiple deaths? As to the rest, that's more your specialty than mine, so take it away." Harry nodded over at Rachel.

Azgrurk:

Spoiler

Harry watched in amusement as the creature filled out the form. An Ork was apparently its species. . .Moving on, the handwriting was at least legible, so that was one lucky point. . .

"Excuse me? What? How, how are you 'pretty standard' with humans!? Just, just look at you! You're like eight feet tall! You've got tusks! Perhaps you've got the same base proteins as humans, the same DNA maybe, and general organ structure, but something is different in order to make those physiological differences, and it's gotta be recognized. Probably alternative bone structure in the legs and skull. . ."

Actually, this was a problem he'd known he'd run into. So he stopped. At the very least, the guy knew what humans were, and had some idea that he was probably treated medically in a similar manner to them. That meant that the actual examination should be pretty much risk free, so that was good.

"Actually this is alright, it's all pretty much in order then. But what do you mean by 'TEZT' at the end here?"

Proditor

Spoiler

"Generally, I've noticed that those that I effect with my abilities experience an elevated level of activity in their brains. Though, it is normally not enough to make a difference to their own health or capabilities. But..." Proditor explained, pausing for a few seconds before continuing, "... A new body would solve many problems of mine. I'm reaching the end of my life, and an ethical means of creating a new host would allow me to continue my work."

Freya

Spoiler

At Harry's question, Freya thought to herself for a bit, "Hm... Well, I was mostly taught how the world works. How to utilize magic, combine their effects, things like that. Oh, and I was also taught how to deal with politics and the like, but I was never really good at it. I was taught for about 12 years though, with my father and his friend, my mentor, teaching me. And yes, I have made full recoveries, not a scar on me!" she explained, giving a small smile at the end.

Azgrurk

Spoiler

"I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU TOOK OUTTA DAT, 'UMIE, BUT I AIN'T STANDARD. I'M AN ORK, AND AN ORK AIN'T LIKE 'UMIEZ. ONLY THIN' WE HAVE IN COMMON IS OUR LOVE FOR FIGHTIN', DEPENDIN' ON THE 'UMIE" Azgrurk replied, rather casually despite his shouting. Then, he looked at the 'TEZT', and shrugged, "JUST MAKIN' SURE THE PENCIL WORKED" he stated.