[IC] Super Trespassers Prevengance: A Biohazard has been detected!

kj1225

Orchid remained speechless not truly able to bring herself to speaking at the moment. She remained remarkably calm given the shitstorm of emotion she was currently on the inside. As a result she seemingly was unaware that she'd began to stroke and scritch her friend's newly acquired ears. Orchid had always had a fondness for foxes and animals in general. She'd a pet dog once and this was akin to what she'd do when she was going through something she didn't know how to deal with then. She was doing it out of reflex more than anything else however, just unsure what to do with herself.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well I think you shouldn't knock it until you try it, but then again you probably already knew that," Edward smiled after he said that, chuckling slightly at his extremely obvious joke. "That and besides, at least you still have hands to shoot with."

Once Helena finally stopped laughing she sat up on her bed and watched the others. They seemed to be a rather rambunctious group, not something that Helena would often find herself around much anymore. She remained silent for a bit longer figuring out what to say to anyone. A few of them started talking in small groups or started hugging friends it seemed with those two why did she get a gun well everyone else was just well unarmed at least they had clothes. Finally getting annoyed at staying quite she moved over to the man with the dog paw. Paul, he introduced himself as and spoke. "Sooo...what's your take on everything so far?" ugg she hated trying to do small talk but it was better than just sitting in silence.

Paul shrugs. He crossed his arms before finally sighing. "I'd say that I think this is all just a really weird fever dream, but it obviously isn't. Other than that... I can't believe that I finally got my good arm back and I still can't use it to write. It's... kind of bullshit." The bearded man frowns at his new paw. Although it was obviously vexing, he did have to admit at least to himself that it certainly seemed far more powerful than his original hand. Like he could bend steel or something.

"Ah, I see..."god Helena knew she was bad at this but not that bad. "Soo...you got a dog arm that's a thing.....I just had to eat some disgusting fruit and then they gave me some new eyes and limbs. Which from what I can figure has nothing to do with the fruit." Uggg...why did she have to suck at this she wanted to go back and hide under the covers. She doubts that Paul wanted to hear anything about her stuff it wasn't that interesting. "Sooo...you were a writer before well this?" Helena scrambled to change the subject away from anything to do about her as she gestured to the rest of the group.

Paul starts to shake his head before pausing and to think for a moment. Then after another second he seems to come to a decision as he gives a proper shake of his head. "No no, only writing I did was a hobby, and not very good I'd say. I was a pharmacy technician. We do quite a bit around the pharmacy, like fill the bottles, write down the actual prescription and the instructions, order stock, that kind of thing. Just basically everything that you need someone trusted for but is boring for the actual pharmacist to do, in essence. But, with only one arm... well I'm sure you can guess how that'd affect my efficiency."

Antione slowly woke and began to sit up.  He felt cold, sick, and the soft ache and haze of coming off painkillers.

"Ugh.  Glad to here y'all're do'n fine.  I still feel like someone put my internals through a meat-processor."

With several grunts he finally manages to pull himself into an upright position and coughed a few times before speaking again.

"Ah' think we gonna see who wins in a fight shortly, this genetherapy shit or some overgrown tumors."

The intercom crackles to life once again, almost as if in response to Antione's comment. "That "gene therapy shit" is worth more than all of you put together, so I'd put a little more faith in it if I were you. I swear people here are so fragile, can't even beat a little disease... Now, listen up because this is vital to your continued employment and survival. If you didn't get introduced to me when you were being lead to your various procedures, I am Commander Slate top brass of our little company. As you're well aware, when you signed that contract you also signed up for a 5 year stint working with Argos Corp working as mercs. And as you may have guessed by now, we aren't exactly what you'd call based in this world. We founded this PMC specifically to combat an invasion of threats from outside all realities called trespassers, thus our name, clever huh? You don't have to, and really shouldn't, worry about the details but rest assured every job you'll be doing is going to be related to that in someway. Which leads us to why you're there and I'm stuck in a damned office talking to you through a hacked intercom system. This is a little trial by fire, certainly nothing I'd be worried about... but you probably should the facility you're in was afflicted by a little... disease outbreak, normal stuff. We need you to find the original samples of the disease, then exfiltrate via one of our voidcraft that we'll be sending assuming you don't die. You'll find a cache of weapons within the next five or so rooms, that should have some standard knives and guns, but of course you're entitled to salvage anything you can get your grubby little mitts on. Now then, any questions?"

Edward quickly snapped to attention as he heard the commander speak, and his mind immediately pressed him to ask for more details, "Well for one thing I want to know everything you can tell me about this 'little disease outbreak' and what exactly it entails, I'm assuming that whatever it was it's not an airborne disease or else we'd all be searching for a cure and the nearest gas mask, and if you could tell us to what sort of resistance we should be expecting, and where our exfiltration points are that'll really help us all get through this in one piece."

"Are you serious?" John sighed. He'd done some frankly terrible jobs during his vagabond days, like sewer maintenance, but this was a step beyond. "Yeah, what he said. Beyond just grabbing some things and leaving, what's expected of us?" He hoped they wouldn't have to be killing anyone, infected or not. Trespassers or whatever the commander called them was one thing, but he wasn't looking to be murdering fellow humans. That wasn't right. If he absolutely had to to survive, then he had to, but it definitely wasn't something he was looking forward to.

"So were we put here before the outbreak happened... or did it just happen to happen while we were recovering? Some kind of test?"

15 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Orchid remained speechless not truly able to bring herself to speaking at the moment. She remained remarkably calm given the shitstorm of emotion she was currently on the inside. As a result she seemingly was unaware that she'd began to stroke and scritch her friend's newly acquired ears. Orchid had always had a fondness for foxes and animals in general. She'd a pet dog once and this was akin to what she'd do when she was going through something she didn't know how to deal with then. She was doing it out of reflex more than anything else however, just unsure what to do with herself.

Airi had not expected that. "Huh?" she said as she felt the fingers. Why was she - why did that feel nice? She allowed it to continue for a few moments, but she did eventually say something. "I, um, Orchid? I ain't a dog..." she said in an embarassed tone. Although she didn't disengage...

Well, not until the intercom came alive again and hurt her ears again. She jumped in the seat. The hell? "We're startin' already? No training or nothin'?" she asked. She wasn't going to complain too much about the job - she signed up for this, after all. She knew damn well when she took the offer she wasn't looking at running logistics for the PMC or anything, she was going to combat. Still, so quickly? She looked at the others, and then again at the intercom, although the guy likely couldn't see her. "Do I at least get ta know what ya actually did? Like, I feel the connection to the gun like yer guys said I would, but not sure what kinda combat enhancements it is 'sides the legs."

"An invasion of trespassing beings from outside reality? What a noble fight!" Poncio knew at that moment that he had made no mistake in choosing this job. He had worried that it would be amoral work and he'd have a difficult time making a name for himself with a bad reputation. However, this was a glorious cause here, and he was eager to begin.

"But sir commander, why do we want the original disease? Should we not seek the cure?"

"And I agree with the fox! Tell us what we can do!"

Austin surreptitiously moved to hide beneath his bed. It didn't seem like anyone was paying attention to him, and he was ready for that state of affairs to continue. The voice over the loudspeaker had said a few things that really bothered him. A five year contract? He didn't remember that. It was true that he'd only kind of skimmed it, really. Well, skimmed was a generous way to describe it, he'd more sort of flipped through it and then signed. But still, he hadn't realized what he was signing. Surely that meant he could get out of it, right? Being part of a private military corporation was bad enough- oh sure, when he was a kid, he'd seen the ads, even bought into the culture, checked out a lot of the VR training, but the reality of it had all been exposed years ago. He didn't want any part of that.

Austin grumbled to himself. This was Dylan's fault. He'd set Austin up for this whole operation, and now not only were his eyes weird but he was in a long term contract. It probably wasn't enforceable, but... hang on. Austin mentally reviewed what the loudspeaker voice had actually said. Outbreak? Guns? The round little man hunched himself even closer to the floor. This was getting worse and worse by the minute.

Commander Slate mutters something to himself, you can catch a "every time with the damn questions" before he clears his throat and starts to speak again. 

"No, what you're dealing with in an infection that has to be injected directly to our knowledge. Good thing too because while we can probably modify it to get rid of the worst parts they'd really set us back fixing you up again. 

“As for resistance, the only enemies you should be looking out for would be the various infected, you'll tell them by the grey skin, lack of coherent response, and the fact that they'll be trying to murder you. They're stronger than the average humans, and some of them are much more mutated giving them unique abilities but you all should be able to deal with them easy enough once you get some weapons. “

“You can exfiltrate from pretty much anywhere that has open sky, and since you're in the middle of the facility the only thing you really need to do is go in one direction and you'll probably find the way out. It's a military facility so you should find some directions somewhere nearby. As for expectations, Lethal force is authorized for all hostiles," 

Airi feels as though some restriction was lifted. It's a weird feeling. 

"And if you find any survivors feel free to take them with you at your discretion. And like I said, feel free to steal anything you'd think is of use, this base was for a PMC before the whole outbreak so they probably have plenty of liquid assets we could use. “

“As for how the outbreak started... no clue, we got the job, found a safe area and then teleported you all in while you were out. Honestly, when I got started in this line of work my group didn't even know we were picked, so be grateful for that. And if there was a cure in this base Mr. Poncio, do you not think that we would have you fetch it as well? As for you miss Airi..." 

There's some shuffling of papers while he speaks. 

"Well, this applies to all of you, you should be able to instinctively control your abilities in most of your cases. In your case Airi, you're linked to your gun via some very advanced wireless sensors. These should let you know what's wrong if anything and fix it. As for how that works... you're in what's called a T-doll, your completely mechanical at the moment. In turn as you learn to use your body you'll reach peaks that a normal person can't, aiming instinctively and better, moving faster, that sort of thing. 

“As a heads up the weapons stash will have some tactical grenades for you to choose from. You'll understand the gist of how to use them like you do your gun and that should be more than enough for now. “

“Speaking of instinctive behaviors, Poncio, you have a "saint graph" inside your body, accessing it should give you access to the abilities of some legendary figure or another. We don't know who, those mages are shady at the best of times but I can assure you that you'll know what your strengths are. And hopefully from there you can figure out who's legend you're accessing with some research. “

“Mister or should I say Miss Danielle, you can most likely access your store of magic by trying to will it into existence, but you should also instinctively know some basic things like telekinesis. Other magics probably require training though. “

“And then Sokolov... Depends, when did you last get it checked? We only touched your mind. And as long as you don't broadcast a psychic signal that matches that of an entire galactic empire, you should be fine. If you do happen to do that... Well, I can't guarantee anything but I imagine it would be bad."

"Fantastic! I bet it'll be someone like Hercules! Though, research may be tough!" He coughed, and looked around. Poncio would need something to drink. And if the only way towards that was onwards to their mission, that's where he'd go.

Poncio made his way over to the door, mumbling to himself ". . . Hercules. . . glass of water would be. . .Achilles? Beowulf?" As if alighting on an idea, the actor stopped and raised a finger in exaggeration of his eureka moment. Every legendary hero he could think of had great strength. . .perhaps that was likely for his new abilities!

Swinging back his fist in an absurdly telegraphed way, Poncio attempts to drive his fist into the door and knock it off it's hinges.

Airi stood, as the lethal force authorization sent a shudder down her back, and it was explained what had been done to her. ...She really could have been more bothered by that, but her main reaction was to rap a knuckle on her leg and see if it clanged. "...Ya know, I can work with this." she said, standing straight and stretching. Nothing felt all that different, besides the weird weight shifts, and she lifted her gun. "Maybe Mister Screams is one of those survivors they mentioned?" she said. With a parting pat on Orchid's head, a flash of a smile to tell her everything was ok with her, she walked over to the bed and pretty much dragged the man out from underneath it. "Hey, mister, I get ta feelin' yer not gonna wanna be stayin' under there when we leave."

Austin instinctively attempted to claw the floor to grab hold, but his stubby fingers found no purchase as he was ripped from his hiding place by the girl with the fox features. Now exposed, he laughed nervously. "Oh come on, you guys don't need to bring me with you. Clearly, obviously, there has been uh... Some kind of mistake?" The rising tones that Austin used made it clear that, even if he was unwilling to admit it to himself, he was at least beginning to suspect that the mistake was on his part. "I'm sure I'll be just fine right here, I'll uh... wait for a rescue team?" And as soon as he said that he realized how ridiculous it sounded. These people were the rescue team. Now its coming together!

John just stared at Austin silently for a few moments as he was ungracefully dragged back into the light. "Brother, there is no rescue team. Anyone who doesn't make it outside is getting left here; that's what the commander said. You're going to have to come with us if you want to get out of here, and if you don't, I'll drag you out because I don't like the idea of leaving a dude behind to get mauled or whatever is going on here."

Danielle casts about the room, locates a pencil, and stares it down.  After a few tense seconds, her horn lights up with bright pink sparkles, mirrored around the pencil, which slowly lifts off the ground.  Danielle gives it a few swings around, tries again with a few other objects along for the ride, and manages to not lose control of any of them.  "Of course it's pink again.  Well, at least I've got something.  Wasn't relishing trying to get through this without any way to defend myself aside from kicking and running."

"Well, goin' from what ta voice with an internet connection was saying, we are the rescue team." Airi said, as she continued to basically manhandle him onto his feet. "And yeah, what that guy said, ya read the contract yeah?" she asked. "Anyways, hope ya can do somethin', cause I figure stickin' around here's a good way to get your face eaten if this is what it sounds like."

Austin didn't look up at any of the people speaking to him, instead keeping his gaze locked to the floor. "Well... I mean... I did sign. A contract, anyway. Might have been that one. It was really long." Austin balled his fists, still staring at the ground, as he considered how badly he'd fucked himself this time around. "Look, I was basically homeless and an old friend of mine said it was going to be easy money. It's his fault for misleading me!"