battling shadow mewtwo

MandiiNinetails

I used to get through a lot of the early boss battles using Leavanny. Try and get one with a Jolly nature (+speed -special attack), and raise it to level 29, it learns the move fell stinger, which raises it's attack 3 stages if it KO's a pokemon. If you can pull one of these off, providing you can outspeed the pokemon you can probably KO it with moves like X scissor or Leaf Blade. Also paralyzing the Mewtwo will help a lot here.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Samurai said:

I think you have to win it. Maybe edit the difficulty for the battle?

no you dont have to win it, victory is entirely optional but should you win various dialogues get changed, nothing else is different, no rosters are changed in any way shape or form in future battles wether u win or not so its entirely up to you if you wish to win or not i personally think her reaction if you do win is a lot more self satisfying

16 hours ago, wetvegan said:

fairy types

very few are available by that point thobest case scenario they could use shadow pokemon of their own as shadow moves are resisted by other shadow pokemon much like in pokemon XD gale of darkness........... plus even shadow mewtwo is capable of entering hyper mode which could speed it up all the farther...... maybe something with a move that can poison/burn might help as well

9 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

very few are available by that point thobest case scenario they could use shadow pokemon of their own as shadow moves are resisted by other shadow pokemon much like in pokemon XD gale of darkness........... plus even shadow mewtwo is capable of entering hyper mode which could speed it up all the farther...... maybe something with a move that can poison/burn might help as well

you say this as if sylveon doesnt 2 shot the mewtwo

never said it couldnt, i simply said very few are available by that point legitimately or without using stuff like sharedPC because some people dont use that which is their choice of course................ without the use of sharedPC getting a fairy type before that point is a bit more difficult............... not impossible, just a bit more difficult and besides, as of v11 i dont worry about getting a sylveon cuz of plot reasons

• 4 months later...

This is what I did: Have the shadow ponyta and quagsire that you resently caught in the volcano on your team so that Mewtwo's attacks get resisted. Any high leveled shadow pokemon is fine though. Then put ponyta first on the team and attack the mewtwo and pray to the RNG lords that Mewtwo enters hyper mode first turn. After that stall with ponyta and quagsire until they die and have at least 2 or one priority attack move pokemon to get Mewtwo low enough (in my case it was a shuppet I got from a building). In any case, it's all RNG.

If it comes down to just you and shadow mewtwo then get a Pokémon that knows sturdy, reverse candy it to level 1, turn off your EXP Share All if you have one, and then battle. If the shadow mewtwo is all that is left then send out the sturdy Pokémon and then just spam potions on it until the shadow mewtwo dies.