kj1225

“Let me guess, it’s the same old song and dance. You used to be in the military, you got wounded in action, a nice medal, and then you were told to go fuck yourself right? That’s how a lot of people end up working in these things. But, this is really the chance of a lifetime. We’ll make sure you don’t need those rusty outdated cybernetics. We’ll make you whole again. All you have to do is sign up for our procedure and then do a tour of duty with us, no catch. What d’you say?”
        -Commander Slate

In this game, players will take the role of Military Veterans, college dropouts, homeless vagabonds, or anyone who is desperate enough for cash or a better chance at life, who have agreed to sign up with a Paramilitary Corporation who claims they can restore and heal their bodies.  In return for healing leaps and bounds above modern medicine, they will serve a tour of duty, traveling to other dimensions to pursue the interests of their new commanders.

The catch, as there is always one, is that their methods, which are seemingly beyond conventional science...  Might be.

Mechanically, the game works on a simple D20 system. You roll a D20 and that determines if you succeed. Of course, these rolls don’t have to be unmodified. After you get your power(s) you get to use those to make [Keywords]. Keywords are listed under one of the four stats, and when you use it, it expends a point in that stat. In return, it modifies the roll to auto-succeed, Grant a bonus 50% to the roll, do nothing, give a 50% malus to the roll, or to auto-fail it. 
Players have a number of Hits, or Hit Points, equal to their stat total. They lose one HP when a successful attack occurs against them.

After your character sheet is completed and the GMs are informed, we will go over it and, with our spooky powers of deduction, offer you a choice of four powers to choose from. Then you may arrange your stats and should you be dissatisfied with how your power level stacks up with the rest of the cast, we will provide extra gear from the Metal Gear setting to compensate.

Character sheet: (Only the portion above the stats needs to be completed now.)

Spoiler

Name: What’s your name in full, as well as what you’d prefer to be called during your contracting period.

Gender: We are an equal opportunity employer, but certain jobs may require this information.

Age: We require your age and birth date to better understand what procedures you can undergo.

Appearance: Tell us what you look like, any distinguishing marks you may like to keep, stuff like that. 

Are you missing any parts: I.E. arms, legs, organs, stuff like that. We’ll cover this during the examination of course but this allows us to better prepare.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Again, this will be covered in your examination but filling this out as completely as possible allows us to better prepare for your procedure.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: What lead you to choosing a contract with us? This will be used by the marketing team to find more volunteers.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Home situation that may set you apart, criminal record, military service, ect.

How would you describe your personality?: Please don’t use star signs, MBTI results ect.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Please only give serious answers, this will help us get an idea about your goals.

Hit Points: Equal to your total stat points.

Stats: You have 4 points to spend between the stats. These points are spent to use Keywords in encounters.

Power: Your more mystical abilities, from generic mage craft to chakra for Jutsus.

Tricks: Intelligence based abilities, whether you already prepared an antidote to the poison, know how to make one off the top of your head, or replaced the poison with an IOU

Strength: Your Physical abilities, how strong you are, how good your constitution is, and how fast you are.

Heart: Your willpower, How well you can do the impossible, beat the invincible and such.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/wmVb5Py

Anton Sokolov

Spoiler

Name: Anton Sokolov

Appearance: Low Quality Cybernetic Body.

Are you missing any parts: Everything but most of the brain.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Slowly intensifying Alzheimer's.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: There's no war on that would take me.  If there were, I would no longer be fit for it.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: I have many enemies.  Russian Defectors do not make friends in the process of becoming such.  Few would recognize me as I am.  Fewer who would are still alive.

How would you describe your personality?: Stern.  Bitter.  Seasoned

Where do you see yourself in Five years: Dead

-

Stats

Hit Points: 4/4

Stats:

-
Power: 1

[Extraplanar attention]

-
Tricks: 0

-
Strength: 0

-
Heart: 3

[Telekinesis]

[Thought reading]

-

Danielle Greenwood

Spoiler

Name: Danielle Greenwood.  I’ve been called a lot of things, but Dani works fine.

Age: Reckon I’m around fifty.  Born in ’82 or thereabouts.  Who knows how old this new body is.

Appearance: I ain’t had my original parts for so long it’s hard to say what I looked like.  Got all pictures of the old me taken down for a job with the NSA.  Paid better that way.  Body?  I ain’t picky.  My niece loved the year she had an ‘Aunt Danielle’ when I was serving as the bodyguard for the Slim heiress and they wanted to be absolutely sure there weren’t any more shenanigans of that sort.  Not after they found her hips deep in the last guy, and her loving every second.  Think they’re married now.  Almost as much as my girl loved the six months she got to have ‘Uncle Wolf’, when I was in one of those canine scout mechs.  Yeah, the one with the 20mm gatling, the chainsaw teeth, and the glowing red eyes.  Great kid, my Becky.  Of course, now I'm a horse.  A small, pink unicorn horse with a black-streaked mane and tail that makes me look way too punk for my tastes no matter how they're styled.

Are you missing any parts: I been a plug-and-play head and spinal cord for going on twenty years by now.  But I figured it was about time to think about hanging up my guns after I got the old head in a jar treatment from some crazy blonde cyborg with a katana that cut titanium composite armor like butter.  Now I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to cope without hands.

Any other Medical History we should know about?:  None that's still relevant.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Well, like I said, after I got jarred by that blonde samurai wannabe, I figured it was about time to take my remaining original parts and get out while I still had ‘em.  But I won’t be able to pay for my retirement, a body that’s practical for civilian life, and my niece Becky’s college from what I’ve got saved up.  I wasn’t exactly as successful as the big names, ya know?  You guys are very reasonably priced, and your rep ain’t too bad.

Anything else in your history we should know about?:  Be perfectly honest, if not for my niece Becky, I wouldn’t be here.  After my brother and his wife got themselves a nasty case of dead by train crash, I was all she had left, and she’s all I’ve got.  I wasn’t exactly the kind of guy who could give her what she needed then, but now I think I can be.  One last job, I get my body back, and that’s all for me.  But until then you’ve got me, and I never leave a job half-done.

How would you describe your personality?:  I’d like to think I’m a pretty good guy (Gal?  Horse?), as far as guns for hire go.  I’ve taken jobs I ain’t proud of before, but none since I had to take charge of my niece’s future.  I’m someone who can look into Becky’s eyes without flinching, and by god I’m going to stay that way.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Ideally, peacefully retired somewhere nice and quiet with good schools nearby.  Maybe giving some young punk who dares think he can date my little girl the shotgun speech with the help of that wolf mech with the 20mm.  Nothin puts the fear of God into a cocky teenage greaser like DU anti-tank rounds the size of his thumb.

Hit Points: 4

Stats: 

[Magic]

Strength: 1

[Equine Physique]

[Shotgun]

Heart: 2

[Harmony]

You want to see pictures of her niece?  She's got lots of pictures of her niece.  And she'd love for you to see them.  All of them.  With the story behind each one.  In exhaustive, exacting detail.

Austin Aurisinus

Spoiler

Name: Austin Aurisinus. Austin is fine.

Gender: I’m a man. Also single, in case the person reviewing this is a hot chick.

Appearance: I’m about 5’8, short brown hair, brown eyes, little bit of chub. I’d consider myself good looking. (In actuality, about 5’6, morbidly obese, unpleasant features and a grating voice.)

Are you missing any parts: No? This is kind of a weird question.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: I swallowed a package of staples in grade school, and I have a really cool scar from the surgery. Otherwise no.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: A friend of mine apparently works for you guys. We’re basically best friends and said that I’m a great candidate for your program, but he was kind of hush hush on the details. He did say it would solve my rent problem, which is good because I’m between jobs. (This ‘best friend’ is merely an old High School acquaintance. They just met up for the first time in seven years by chance, and after hearing Austin complain about his current situation- specifically being unhireable after being fired so many times and unable to pay rent- figured his desperation might get him onto the operating table.)

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Not really. (Austin has been fired from a large number of menial jobs.)

How would you describe your personality?: I’m a straight shooter who tells it like it is. Sometimes people need to hear things whether they like it or not, and I’m upfront about that. (Austin is terminally lazy and more than willing to lie about anything if he thinks it can get him out of having to make any sort of effort. He doesn’t care about the feelings of others and is more than happy to needle others in search of a reaction to keep heat off of himself, particularly when authority figures start cracking down on him. It almost never works.)

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Probably working a comfortable banking job, dating a cute goth girl, living the good life. (Very likely living on the streets or leeching off of someone else, if he’s even around at all.)

Stats: 

Power: 2

[Thief Lights] Sparkles appear where the user has an opportunity to use their skills in a useful way.

[Semi Auto Pistol] Holds 8 bullets and can be used to shoot people.

Strength: 2

[Quiet Movement] The user is able to move silently unless they do something violently loud.

[Nimble Fingers] The user's hands are perfectly suited to careful and quick movements, and the usage of delicate tools.

Heart: 0

Edited by Blade Master Model 42

Edward Boone

Name: Edward Boone, most folks call me Ed

Appearance: I'm just an average American guy you know? I didn't get cybernetics like most of the competition, never really saw the need to before they shunted me down to recruitment. I'd like to keep my hair though, and I'm still attached to old mug, beaten up as it may be, I'd like to still be able to look in the mirror and see myself looking back.

(A tall and physically imposing looking middle aged man with with silver hair kept in a moderate length at the top, parted neatly to the left with the sides and back being trimmed down to a sort of fuzz. His eyes are a slightly watery blue due to his age, although he likes to think that they still look 'piercing'. He has the tanned skin of a caucasian man who spends a lot of his time outside, or at least exposed to the sun, and he's had the chiseled features of a model ever since puberty.)

Are you missing any parts: If I was I wouldn't have been able to serve for so long, as it stands I have all of my original parts, damaged as they may be. Can't say that about most soldiers my age.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: I have some shrapnel embedded in my chest that the flak jacket I was wearing didn't quite manage to stop, but otherwise I'm quite fit and ready for duty.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Because I still want to serve my country, and if it wasn't for my aging body I still could, so it shouldn't be hard for anyone to find out why I'm here.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: I ain't got no criminal record worse than a couple of misdemeanors in my youth, but I got an honorable discharge from the US Army a year back, Staff Sergeant Edward Boone, my own mother didn't believe it when I told her.

How would you describe your personality?: I'd say that I'm someone who will get you home, or at least try his very hardest to drag your ass out of the line of fire, it's what I did back in the army, it's a sense of brotherhood I try to convey to the people I try to recruit, it's what keeps me from staying up at nights, and it's why I can still look inside of the mirror and hang out with my old squad. 

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: In my retirement home, glaring at unruly teenagers from my porch whenever they linger too long on my chevvie, hopefully not getting caught up in any of the media's sensationalism

Second Phase of Character Sheet

Hit Points: 4/4 
Stats: You have 4 points to spend between the stats. These points are spent to use Keywords in encounters.

Power: 0
Tricks: 1 [Semi Auto Pistol]
Strength: 2  [Sendo Hamon Energy Generation] [Short Barrel Shotgun]
Heart: 1 [HF Knife]

nu fascism

This line defeats editor fascism.

Spoiler

Name: Alice Williams

Appearance: Long white hair (It used to be blonde, before...well...) Moderate height, modest figure and big green eyes. (Big green dollar signs more like) 

Are you missing any parts: Failing heart, Missing half a liver, And my Blood keeps trying to kill me. Varying levels of damage to most other organs as a result, but those are the big ones. 

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Got exposed to some freaky Bio weapon. Some virus that screws with blood. Not pleasant. (Also a history of drinking, but Im not talking about that, don't need any trouble.)

Why have you come in for the procedure?: No money to fix this mess. Not sure if anyone can fix it. I might look fine, but I'm really on my deathbed here.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Nothing worth noting. (Thievery, Trespassing on government property, looting abandoned government property, Getting exposed to some old bioweapon virus on government property, Thievery, Thievery, More Thievery)

How would you describe your personality?: Distant but observant. Thinking before acting. (Stealing anything I think I can get away with, useing anyone I think I can.)

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Dead, or Alive. One implies this gamble payed off, the other implies your not all your cracked up to be. (Hopefuly swimming in cash, I wonder if I can just ditch these guys?)

Stats and keywords

Spoiler

Hit Points: Equal to your total stat points. 4/4

[Chaos Control]
[Chaos Spear]

[Enhanced Dexterity++]

Making up a sheet as a sample and also an actual PC. (Kept you waiting didn't I?)

Spoiler

Name: Paul Johnson

Appearance:  I'm about 5' 9, I have brown hair and a short beard. I'm fairly strong I'd say since I do plenty of DIY work. I'm a bit chubby though. [And now I have a goddamn dog arm. Fucking strong though.]

Are you missing any parts: Missing my right arm.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Used to as asthma. Otherwise fit as a fiddle.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Decided to work with a PMC after an unfortunate stint in the army lost me my arm. Figured it was the best way to pay off my classes for my parents.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Nope, I'm pretty boring. Only thing I can think of is that I'm a licensed pharmacy tech and I have some first aid training. Bad with blood though...

How would you describe your personality?: I'm a virgo. I've often been called one of the calmest people my family knows. I guess I can't blame them, I just really internalize my negative emotions well.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Hopefully going back home to my family with a bit of dosh to hold me over until I can find another job if needed.

Power: Suicine arm.

[Purify Water]
[Water Absorb]

Tricks: 1

[Rock Smash]

Name: Charles "Spook" Adelman. The nickname's a long story. 

Appearance: Well, I was born pretty nice looking. Used to be a leaner dude, had a bit of a strawberry blonde thing going on. Stopped bothering with haircuts after a while when people stopped caring; I figured whatever got close to me was gonna carve me up whether I had long hair or not, and I was mostly right. Now, though, I literally don't have an actual face, so I guess you could say this lumbering hunk of poorly-engineered shite is what I look like. (Attached is a surprisingly accurate sketch of what looks to be an attack vehicle roughly the size of a forklift, with modifications made to support a cybernetic interface.

Are you missing any parts: Limbs amputated. Most organs except heart, one lung, brain, spinal cord. Skull mostly removed to accommodate life support equipment. 

Any other Medical History we should know about?: My foot itches sometimes. 

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Well, being a death robot was cool for a while, but I eventually figured out that I wasn't actually deemed important enough to be made into a hot, angsty cyborg, and getting tossed aside like that didn't leave me with a very high opinion of my previous employer. I figure this way I can keep fighting for something and maybe even get all my fun soft bits back. 

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Trained in field engineering (I've actually got a Masters and everything) as well as the whole combat suite. Served for three years with a PMC, mostly trying to defend civvie locations and manufacturing. I did alright. Had a close encounter with a landmine at around 25 that put me in the state I am today. Said PMC lopped off most of the stuff that got ruined in the blast, plus some extra to make room for all the interface ports. 

How would you describe your personality?: I've had people call me a boyscout before. Also had them call me a coward. I'm not gonna put myself in the line of fire unnecessarily, but you can be damn sure that I'm not gonna hang you out to dry - unless you start blindfiring into civilian manufacturing. You're still gonna hear about every single fuckup you made to get into whatever situation I had to haul you out of, though.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: On leave visiting my family. Maybe starting my own, if I can get the dosh, but it's hard to imagine stopping fighting. 

Stats

Stats: 

Tricks: 2
[Shapeshifting]

[Ferrokinesis]

[Gun]
[Enhanced Physique]

Heart: 1

bottom text

Spoiler

Name: Helena Royal

Appearance: Y'all would like me to do that wouldn't y'all. Most you will get is that I'm rather short with black hair and blue eyes.

Are you missing any parts: Lost both my legs and my le eyes in an accident. Lost most of my vision in my right eye as well. My arms lost about 80% of there mobility as well.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: I have Attention deficit disorder though I stopped taking pills for that years ago.  Insomnia as well.  had various broken bones as well but those have healed mostly. Almost constant headaches 

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Legit found a flier at the last hospital I was in sounded like a better chance to get a few things back or die finally 

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Used to work in a government lab but that didn't last after my accident. other than that been stuck at home mostly. Tied to work from there but that didn't work.

How would you describe your personality?: People still try and use those.? Well anyway, I used to be rather happy and cheerful but now I'm rather cynical, depressed and a doomsayer some people like to say wonder what happened. Oh, I guess I'm a hard worker or would be if I could actually do any work.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Well if I'm alive hopefully working some lazy job from my house I'd rather not risk another accident. 

Stats and power its a secert don't look...yet

Spoiler

Power: Bat Bat No Mi

[Bat Transformation]

Tricks:1
[Cybernetic Enhancements]

[handgun]

[Enhanced Physique]

Antione Beaudreau:

Spoiler

Name: Beaudreau, Antione

Appearance: Tall, red hair, athletic build.

Are you missing any parts: Nothing important yet.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Aggressive, late stage cancer.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: There aren't exactly many people offering the procedures required to keep my body from destroying itself with the next several months, and even fewer at a reasonable price.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Was previously employed as a para-military mercenary, made some friends, made some enemies.  A lot of enemies.

How would you describe your personality?: Personable, a drive to get the job done, and am a thrill to work with.  Ask anyone I know.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Dead at this rate, anything above the dirt is preferable.

Spoiler

Stats: 

[Airbending]

Tricks: 1

Well here's a character, feel free to tell me what I need to change to have it be more in line with the world that everyone's coming from.

Spoiler

Name: What’s your name in full, as well as what you’d prefer to be called during your contracting period.

Poncio Paca Romero! You may call me Poncio, of course.

Gender: We are an equal opportunity employer, but certain jobs may require this information.

Male

Age: We require your age and birth date to better understand what procedures you can undergo.

78 perhaps. But I assure you, I am as hardy today as I was in my youth, if not better! Save for. . . my one true loss.

Appearance: Tell us what you look like, any distinguishing marks you may like to keep, stuff like that. 

You might see me as dashing, romantic, chivalrous, perhaps a little crazy! I know men who have said that to my face, but only once.

I would keep my face, it would be the mark of a coward to hide behind a new one! And I have one blemish, that scar across my stomach. I must keep it a reminder of that man.

Ah! And my physique! This took some time you know, a lot of training! I would like some semblance of this form when we are done!

Are you missing any parts: I.E. arms, legs, organs, stuff like that. We’ll cover this during the examination of course but this allows us to better prepare.

Some twenty years ago, after I had made a name for myself once again, I was at a party, a wonderful party I must say, when I was asked to go somewhere a little more private by one attractive person. What could a man do but except! Well, the repugnant coward did something, and I remembered no more, but when I awoke, my right kidney was gone. My right, not your right! Right here, the scar! But it was gone, alas. I have not been whole since that day. I have gone through the law and private investigators, but there was nothing save a whisper on the wind of the kidney of the great Poncio Romero.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Again, this will be covered in your examination but filling this out as completely as possible allows us to better prepare for your procedure.

I was treated at a hospital after the removal of my kidney, I do not know what was involved, but I recovered. I was once treated for severe dehydration. I sprained my ankles a few times preparing for my roles. I broke a femur when I was a child, courtesy of a dastardly and conniving seeming friend.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: What lead you to choosing a contract with us? This will be used by the marketing team to find more volunteers.

It is a tragedy, but the directors these days do not want me. My time on the silver screen has come and gone, and I must move on to new pursuits. I have no interest in retirement, that wasting away of your last years. I will live on and make a name for myself once more, as I have done twice before.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Home situation that may set you apart, criminal record, military service, ect.

I was a bullfighter in my youth. I know not what moral deficiency lead me to this, but I did it, and I was grand at it. I came to see the error in my ways eventually, and moved on. I did not know my propensity for fame at the time, so I thought I could be happy selling used cars. After a number of lawsuits, I saw that this was not to be. It was honest work, the lawsuits were frivolous! But it was not a life I wanted to live. I ventured into the world of film; you may know me as the star of a number of action films The Eradicator, Mark de Mort, Little Man, Snitch, and many more! But surely you know that.

How would you describe your personality?: Please don’t use star signs, MBTI results ect.

Gregarious, fun, honorable! A true son of my father’s! But do not consider me unwilling to shed blood! I do not strike from behind, but I will not stop others from doing so. If they do not have the strength of character to meet their problems head on, that is not for me to judge! Let he who is without fault throw the first stone! I am not without fault, my carelessness has cost me my kidney. So I do not judge, lest I be judged.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Please only give serious answers, this will help us get an idea about your goals.

If you are true to your word, in five years I may be a hero, a man to be remembered! I have nothing to do with my life, but I am not ready to die yet, I have not completed my goals. Perhaps someday I will find the man who wronged me. It may be longer than five years. But I will be on that road!

But we shall see, my interests are as shifting as the wind. Perhaps I will want to be a commander in your group in five years! I’m sure I’d be well suited to it, charisma makes for the greatest of leaders. Or perhaps I will settle down and have a child of my own, to carry forth my legacy! I do not know.

Hit Points: Equal to your total stat points

Power: Your more mystical abilities, from generic mage craft to chakra for Jutsus.

Tricks: Intelligence based abilities, whether you already prepared an antidote to the poison, know how to make one off the top of your head, or replaced the poison with an IOU

[Hunting Rifle]

Strength: Your Physical abilities, how strong you are, how good your constitution is, and how fast you are.

[Swordsmanship]

Heart: Your willpower, How well you can do the impossible, beat the invincible and such.

[Charm]

[Skill Copy]

Hey look it's a character. 

I'm trying something a lil different from "generic nice girl" which is what I usually do

Spoiler

Name: Airi Lane

Appearance: I’m about 5’4”, have long black hair tied back in a braid (kinda damaged from my teen years… I dyed it. A lot), some various minor scars from scraps I got into as a kid. I think I’m pretty nice looking if I say so myself. Body used to have some tone to it before that… incident, but can’t exactly go running when you can’t move your legs now can you?

Are you missing any parts: No, got all the bits and bobs. Whether they’re functional, on the other hand...

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Apart from some chronic asthma… well, you know. Spinal cord got kinda fucked in that incident.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: What lead you to choosing a contract with us? This will be used by the marketing team to find more volunteers: Look, I’m going to be blunt. I want my legs back. I want to move again, under my own power and without being wheeled around. I hate not being able to take care of myself.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: So, first off, explaining the name: Dad’s american, Mom’s japanese. Look like her, lived with him. Short and simple, moving on. Before the incident, I was a runner. Professional level track and field! I’d already made the college team and people had started looking at me for professionals. And then… well, there was that incident. I’m gonna stop beating around the bush, although I bet you already know. Basically, I was at a bank, when the place got robbed. Couple of the robbers got grabby. I politely rebuffed them by way of fisticuffs. Their buddy had a gun. You can do math. My spinal cord got fucked. I’m lucky I’m only paralyzed from the waist down.

How would you describe your personality?: I can be a bit… direct. Blunt. I try to avoid abrasive, I don’t want to make an ass of myself, so I can get along well enough. I’m far from the perfect citizen but I can keep myself together well enough nowadays. Didn’t always.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Currently? Still in a wheelchair, barring this working out. Maybe trying some more upper-body sports? This works out, though, I’m looking forward to being able to live again. Do some running, get back on the team if I can. Finish… whatever degree I go for, I was undeclared.

Post-Procedure Review: Considering what was done to me... (some transparency in the future would be nice...) I'm surprised I look... mostly the same? Like, I'm still recognizably me, and I really appreciate that. I didn't want to hit the reset button on life. So I guess I'll focus on what's changed. I'm walking, for one. I can do that now. I can run again. Holy shit I can't tell you how much I missed that. The... visible joints thing is kinda weird, if we're being honest here. Kinda like a doll I guess. And... Ok, honestly, were the fox ears neccesary? [indistint mumbling] I guess if you had to work off existing models... anyway. Besides that, and the fact I got a scratch when I got too enthusiastic in the sprinting and saw silver under there, everything's fucking great! 

Stats: 4 total

[Tactical Grenade]

[Bonded Gun: FN SCAR PDW]

Spoiler

Name: John Christie.

Appearance: Average height, average face, average weight, dark skin if that matters to you. My hair's got a little gray but is mostly black, fairly short. Beards about the same, short and black. Brown eyes. Got a small scar in my right eyebrow from some roughhousing as a kid. I don't have any tattoos or piercings or anything like that.

Are you missing any parts: My body is completely as it has been from birth, for better or worse.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: I have Becker Muscular Dystrophy. I guess I was lucky in that it didn't start showing symptoms until last year, but there's no known cure for this. If I'm going to live the rest of my years like a normal man, or hell, have more than seven or so years left at all, I'm going to have to take extreme measures... like signing up for whatever this is.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: My genetic disease. I'm guessing some of your recruiters just hang out in hospitals and look for hopeless cases like myself, since who else is going to take the risk?

Anything else in your history we should know about?: No, I'm no one special. I drifted around during my twenties from one town to the next, doing odd jobs, before I got my license and started hauling cargo for a living.

How would you describe your personality?: I guess I'm normally a bit of a goof, but I haven't exactly had much to smile about this last week. I like being alone when I can be. I read a lot. I try to be self-sufficient. I don't know, I'm not much for talking about myself like this.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: If I'm not dead I would likely be in a retirement home or something of that nature.

Stats

Spoiler

Strength: 3

[Enhanced Strength] [Enhanced Speed] [Enhanced Flexibility++] [Shotgun] [Revolver] [Improvised Spear]

Edited by SeriousConcentrate
Adding Keywords

Huzzah!!! A new challenger approaches!

Spoiler

Name: Orchid Amaranth

Appearance: 4’8” short for my age. Long black hair, reaches the small of my back. I prefer darker colours, despite the brightness of my given name. Due to my stature i've often been referred to as an imp or due to my particular gothic stylings… I’m sure you follow.

Are you missing any parts: A sense of humour. Airi tells me this is important to note here. Says it’s vital.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Allergies to dust, dust mites, pet dander, bees, trees, weeds, grass, tree nuts, the colour purple, and shellfish.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: What lead you to choosing a contract with us? This will be used by the marketing team to find more volunteers. I suffered from chronic migraines my entire life. Their cause has eluded medical personal for 21 years. I’d given up and resigned to living with them. After all l managed to be productive running track… perhaps not quite to a professional level due to my circumstances [ooc character note: she did, she just doesn’t believe she did.] l am only doing this as there’s no other options and on the recommendation of a good friend that is also in the program. Her name’s Airi Lane.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: There’s not much exciting to put here. I’ve a few accomplishments in the areas of creative writing and have had published works in most forms of writing. A few medals won in my running days. I’m unsure how these would be helpful but l suppose they are worth noting.

How would you describe your personality?: I’m told by Airi that my personality is rather deadpan, l can’t say I’d disagree. I don’t often express my emotion largely and tend to have short or monosyllabic responses when I’d rather be left to my own devices or am not interested in situation. I’m more adept expressing through text and alternate forms of communication then l am with words. This includes body language, though it seems most people aren’t good at reading this. Perhaps my quirks stem in part due to constantly being in pain… I’m unsure. I doubt they’d all vanish solely because that aspect was suddenly lifted.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: I’m not oft one to look that far ahead, Five Years is a lot of time… much can change within such a timeframe. Perhaps a defeatist answer… however perhaps l can continue the practice of my craft. Maybe a book of mine will get somewhere one of these days. I hope it’s none of the poem anthologies… I hate poetry.

Spoiler

Total Stats: 4

Power Type: Emomancy

Tricks: 2

Heart: 2

[Emo Pun Magic]

YOU CAN’T HIDE THE TRUTH

Spoiler

Name: Jeanne Duforêt

Appearance: I stand around 5’2”, with a build that is mostly slim, except for... certain areas, but leaving that aside I am generally not a very large girl at all. I’m lithe and agile though! Mostly! Maybe not enough, since you caught me and all. My skin is white, with freckles around my cheeks. My eyes are blue, and my hair is brown, sweeping down to my chin in a bob. I’ll have you know I’ve been told I have a winning smile.

Are you missing any parts: Nope.

Any other Medical History we should know about?: Fine, fine, fine. I broke a leg in a fall at 18, broke an arm running at 16, and scraped off a chunk of my leg last year thanks to a barbed wire fence. I’ve recovered from all, though.

Why have you come in for the procedure?: Why ask? You dickheads already know he answer and I sure as hell doubt you’ll be getting volunteers from this answer. You caught me sneaking around in your facilities taking pictures and you hit me with a bunch of threats until I agreed to sign what you put in front of me. You’d smash my camera, bring down the law on me, ruin my career... so, yeah, that’s why I’m writing this right now in the room you pulled me into.

Anything else in your history we should know about?: Okay, so I TECHNICALLY have a criminal record, which has stuff like breaking and entering and trespassing. Nothing like violence or theft, though, this was all freelance journalism, and I was only ever finding evidence and uncovering the truth!

This is part of a post high-school career done with the same camera, which I’ve cherished for years, please don’t smash it.

How would you describe your personality?: I am bold and adventurous to the extreme, going where I must and doing what I have to find the truth! Even if I have to break a few barriers in the process, it’s worth it. Some people call me nosy. Like you, repeatedly. I dearly cherish the idea of finding the truth and making sure people find it — and I don’t like liars and people who do their best to deceive people, or who hide horrible and shady things. Really makes you think. Secrets aren’t my things in general, I guess, and I’m a lot more honest than you guys are, that’s for sure. I’ve got a healthy respect for the journalistic profession, of course. I’m pretty in touch with how the way people talk changes and, yes, memes. I can get worked up pretty hard, as you sons of bitches sure saw, but I can be pretty sweet too, just to other people. I am a boundless ball of energy, people tell me, and I agree! You have to have drive to uncover what people don’t want uncovered.

Where do you see yourself in Five years.: Not a struggling freelance journalist, but somebody either in a high up position in a major journalistic franchise, somebody extremely known to the public for their journalistic integrity and deliveries, or somebody heading a (successful) journalistic company. 

Hit Points: 4

Stats: 

Strength: 4

[Improved Strength]

[Improved Leg Strength+]

[Sharp Claws]