Recap of previous episodes?

enu

• Developers

I just noticed ep 11 is out now so I'd like to continue the game from when I ended. However I can't really remember what happened in the last couple of episodes very well. Can someone give me a brief recap of the story of episodes 8 through 10 or so? (Don't spoil 11 pls.) Thanks!

Also I'm somewhere in this big city called Grand Dream I think? Anyway there are a lot of districts and I can't find a way out. Let alone to whereever the heck is this Route 9 where I'm apparently supposed to go before loading E11 for the first time. I'm just completely lost. Send help. :-D

4 hours ago, baldr said:

I just noticed ep 11 is out now so I'd like to continue the game from when I ended. However I can't really remember what happened in the last couple of episodes very well. Can someone give me a brief recap of the story of episodes 8 through 10 or so? (Don't spoil 11 pls.) Thanks!

Also I'm somewhere in this big city called Grand Dream I think? Anyway there are a lot of districts and I can't find a way out. Let alone to whereever the heck is this Route 9 where I'm apparently supposed to go before loading E11 for the first time. I'm just completely lost. Send help. :-D

I'll see what I can do, as I just recently replayed. Also, sorry if this is a bit less than brief but I'll try to keep it short.

So in episode 8, I believe that is the episode when you got on a train to Grand Dream City after beating Erick in West Gearen and doing a bunch of stuff in the past with the Marianette family origins, basically is mostly exploration. After the train comes to a halt with the help of a character named Krystal with psychic powers because the tracks were broken, you have to try and fix them. You pretty much have to wait, and so you explore for most of the rest of the time. You are introduced to bladestar, an evil(?) extremist organization that gym leader Flora is a part of. You are introduced to Flora and her bureaucratic brother Florin, and you fall into a cave after they recap that they thought you had met before in Grand Dream City, a place you had not yet been. You then fall into a cave with them and meet Erin, a girl who is looking for Aelita. You can go with either of those three and choose to reveal or not reveal what you saw Flora doing, which changes the outcome somewhat. Later, you end up finding a guy that can fix the tracks and he fixes them, then you battle Flora/Florin (depending on if you exposed Flora) and also notice that Saki's spider machine that had Valerie, Adam, and Braixen crashed on that route.

Then, in episode 9, you get introduced to Grand Dream City. The story diverges a bit here, but basically you run around doing very little besides meeting some new people (Rhodea and Huey), considering signing up for some fancy tournament that gives you gym badges, and noticing some odd figures who look suspiciously like people you know (Valerie, and later you and your mom). Then, you do a bunch more random busywork and then go into the nightmare realm to meet 'the puppet master' and on the way you meet Aelita. You deal with Zetta and then fight the puppet master with Aelita. 

In episode 10, you spend a significant portion of your time in the past. Besides that, you meet the Eldest and some dude called Souta who are living with Erin (when she isn't looking for Aelita), briefly go to Axis High University, and that's about all you do in present time. Also, Aelita came back from the nightmare realm so she is normal(?) now. The rest of the episode is spent in the past, and basically this is what happens: You go into the past to find Katsu and Anastasia, two side characters from the past before, and Anastasia makes friends with a Deoxys. Then Melia gets really angry with Spacea and Tiempa, but they give her some fancy items to make them safe from weird timeline problems. They go to past Sheridan Village and meet Anju, the Eldest, and Vivian. Vivian tries to sacrifice herself to save the world but you stop her, but this causes *REAL* problems. You end up in the future with alternate versions of a bunch of people like Keta, Mosely, Amber, and others, and basically there is an apocalypse. Then, the evil apocalypse dictators come and capture you and Melia (the only people who got to the future) and the rest of the people. You fight out of the ship and take down an underling of the apocalypse dictators, find out that Madame X also is stuck in the future and wants to work with you to get to the past, and then sail to the land with the apocalypse dictator. You end up finding Tesla with some weird kid who looks kind of like Melia, and a whole scene goes down where you try and take her time machine while Ms. Apocalypse doesn't kill everyone, where Melia realizes a bunch of information about Ms. Apocalypse's trickery and they kind of outplay her. However, she has a Yveltal so that doesn't matter and Melia is about to be killed before some weird power makes her not die and then they stop Ms. Apocalypse and go back to the past. Then they convince everyone that Vivian does need to die if there is not going to be an apocalypse, but Gardevoir messes with the ritual and makes it so that when Vivian died she was reincarnated as Taelia. You then learn that Aelita is the reincarnation of Taelia and you have to beat her up so she stops being stupid and angry and that's about where the story from chapters 8-10 stop.

Other thing to note is that sometime in that whole debacle, you learn that Lavender (another person you met, psychic gym leader) disappeared and Venam was turned to stone. You also might go to a hospital and do stuff but nothing major happens besides some minor (for the time being) lore to do with Krystal (who is actually named Alexandra) and Nim.

To get to route 9, go to the train station in kind of southwestern GDC and get on a train, and then go south once you get there and you should see Erin waiting.

• Upvote 1