[Event] Choose Your Roles!

Daniel Blackworth

In line with the upcoming Season 3 Finale, the moderators will be designing a game to usher the end of the season and the beginning of the next one. As per tradition, the theme for Season Finale games has been the implementation of members of the Reborn Mafia Club as the role characters.

For this season, we have come up with a special twist: Reborn Mafia Club members have the opportunity to influence the roles and set-up of the game.

What is Choose Your Roles?

Spoiler

In Choose Your Roles, a poll will be posted every two real time days. The poll will be posted at 5:00 PM EST on a given day and end at the same time after two days. 

For every poll, one of the members will be the subject of the poll. Members of the club are encouraged to vote in the said poll.

Contents of the Poll:

(1) What alignment should [Player Name] be?

(2) What role should [Player Name] be?

(3) Why do you think so? (Optional)

Example Answers (for guide purposes):

(1) What alignment should Alex be? Town

(2) What role should Alex be? Templar

(3) Why do you think so? I feel like he's better at being a town player than a mafia player, and that he's decent at generating discussion.

After the poll has ended, the results will be tallied. The role with the most number of votes will have a higher likelihood of being used for the game. However, in the case of imbalances in game design, the succeeding roles will be utilized.

The results of the poll will be confidential until the end of the game.

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

(1) How can I be a part of this event / be eligible for being a subject of a poll?

- You may simply join by commenting your interest down below. 

(2) Where will the poll be hosted?

- The poll will be hosted on a Google-managed poll organizer. The links to each individual poll will be given via both this thread and the announcement channel.

(3) Can I still join the event even if it has already begun?

- Yes. You may do so by commenting in the thread and tagging me, specifically.

(4) Do I need to vote in every poll?

- No. However, you are encouraged to vote in as many poll as possible.

(5) By being a subject in the poll, will it be a guarantee that there will be a role with my name on the finale game?

- Unfortunately, no. The inclusion of your role is dependent on the number of players who will be participating in the game. As such, you are encouraged to participate in the game to give more opportunities to more members.

(6) When will the Season 3 Finale game be organized?

- We are still discussing on this at present.

(7) How will the polls be ordered? Who goes first, second, etc.?

- We will be randomizing the order of participants (initial batch). Participants who join while the event is underway will follow a first-come, first-served basis.

(8.a) Do the roles have to be based on an already existing role?

- No. You may create an original role; however, such roles have a lesser likelihood of being voted for. As such, you might consider letting other people know your suggestion.

(8.b) How do I vote for a custom role?

- Simply answer the question "What role should (Player Name) be?" with the custom role name then insert the role description in the question "Why?"

(9) Can I encourage other people to vote with me (have the same vote as yours)?

- Yes. However, blackmailing, bribing, and other illegal means are not allowed. Penalties will be given to violators.

(10) When will this event start?

- We are planning to start this around February 14 or 15.

(11) How many times can I vote?

- You may vote in ALL polls only one per user.

(12) How will I know if my vote is counted?

- You will be PMed by one of the moderators to notify if your vote is counted. You must use your actual username and answer appropriately for the vote to count.

If you're interested in becoming the inspiration for a role in the Season 3 Finale, please comment below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

List of Participants

Spoiler

1. Newt

2. Nano4

3. Hooky

4. Lord Drakyle

5. Digital Amber

6. Candy

7. Bazaro

8. L'Belle

9. Jace Stormkirk

10. LykosHand

11. Astra125

12. Alaris

13. Cicada

14. Caimie

15. Roswell

16. Walpurgis

17. Bok Choi

18. CrimsonDragon21

19. Seal

20. EndearingCharacterTrait

21. Nick Crash

22. Yahen

23. Dragoknight

24. Hypurr

... and so forth (no maximum number of participants)

Poll #1: Newt

Good day, Reborn Mafians! Today is the opening day of the event Choose Your Roles! For the first poll of this event, the list randomizer has determined Newt to be the subject of this poll. I highly encourage you to vote on what role suits Newt best. Great thanks!

P.S Please do read the guidelines and FAQs to know the regulations of voting and the what not.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EwV8GX1GFrk2Q6t34Rms5RrtQHJGz-SWpVRebieMIGA/edit?chromeless=1

You have 48 hours to vote until this poll closes.