Bennett in Spinel Gym?

firey

I can't seem to get past Bennett. Usually his Masquerain ends up being my downfall. 

The Pokemon I have that are at a level that is somewhat compatible with the gym (given a bit of training, of course) are listed in my signature. 

Nicknames are also listed in the siggy. If you want to know abilities, moves, stats, etc, ask and ill screenshot. 

My strategy so far is to use Rett (Golem)'s Bulldoze first turn to destroy the mirrors, so any ideas should preferably stem from that. Rett usually ends up sacrificing with Self-Destruct in the rare case that it survives, anyway. After that, I switch into Splin (Spinda) for another sacrifice, this time simply so that Bennett will switch into Venomoth rather than Masquerain. If Splin survives, I will then Teeter Dance the Venomoth and switch into Rays (Rapidash), who takes out Venomoth with 2-3 Bounces. 

Then comes Masquerain. Rays? Hydro Pump, dead. Renee (Linoone)? Signal Beam, dead. Higgledy (Musharna)? Signal Beam, dead. Lesby (Meowstic-M)? Signal Beam, dead. 

I've also tried revenge-killing Venomoth using Fred (Pyukumuku)'s Innards Out and Pain Split, but no dice as of yet. 

Any suggestions? 

First of all why the heck would you use Bounce when you could use a stab Fire attack instead? >__>

Also Spinda is just kind of really bad. Unless you've got some sort of special stratey with that it's really not worth dragging around.

His team just plain dies to Rock attacks, so anything fast with a Rock attack should easily take him out; also Stealth Rocks eats his team for breakfast.

Fire and Flying attacks are also very good; Arcanine and Charizard are both good Fire types, I'd say better than Rapidash, but I've never used on of those yet so ymmv. Shell Smash Magcargo should be able to 6-0 him easily.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

First of all why the heck would you use Bounce when you could use a stab Fire attack instead? >__>

Also Spinda is just kind of really bad. Unless you've got some sort of special stratey with that it's really not worth dragging around.

His team just plain dies to Rock attacks, so anything fast with a Rock attack should easily take him out; also Stealth Rocks eats his team for breakfast.

Fire and Flying attacks are also very good; Arcanine and Charizard are both good Fire types, I'd say better than Rapidash, but I've never used on of those yet so ymmv. Shell Smash Magcargo should be able to 6-0 him easily.

Yeah im pretty sure you can set up a magcargo on his volcarona and completely destroy his team without even breaking the mirrors

You can destroy him with talonflame or any special attacker

Galvantula proved helpful, yet i dont think vikavolt can do it

Anyway, avoid pure psychic types in this fight since they will be most likely useless

Mr mime can be useful with screens and light clay tho

After some X speeds, most rollout users will sweep the hell out of him (any slow rock type setting up xspeed will do tho)

And for masquerain, avoid intimidate on your physical attackers and he might go down very quickly

I recommend avoid using spinda in this fight (and in Serra's)

Edited by Yahen

You can always grab the Good Rod, fish for Luvdisc near the manor and trade it for Darumaka, grind up to Darmantian wakes takes no time whatsoever and complete flex on him. (Provided you don't miss...)

You can also use Earthquake to break the field, for a footnote.

Thanks for the tips, everybody! I trained up my Arcanine, evolved my Charmeleon, and did like 2 minutes worth of training with Golem, then went in with Golem, Magcargo, Charizard, Rapidash, Arcanine, and Linoone. 

I ended up using 2 Cotton Candies, 6 Full Restores, and a Super Potion, and I made it out with one Pokemon left standing, with 2HP

qh4Hwa4.png

Thanks again y'all! 

You know if you trained up an oricorio a little, she copies every quiver dance bennet uses(and nearly all his his team abuses that move) to where he can be swept with almost zero effort.  Two air slashes can take out whatever started dancing usually and after she  rips the rest apart.  It was my favorite strat against him episode 17.

But you beat him so conrgrats regardless. Though if I have to be honest bennet isn't really that hard and I'm a bit worried if you had to spend so many resources to beat him.