Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

I don't expect these to be very informed/good, so forgive me if they are bland/stupid

Lanturn  Def +20, Sp. Attack +10, changes(?) ability to Rain Dish

Cacturn  Def +15, Sp Def +15, changes(?) ability to Chlorophyll

• Like 1

I don't remember if Shiftry had already a Crest, so...

Shiftry Crest: +10 HP, +10 Atk, +10 Spd, adds STAB in Flying Moves (similar to Dhemise's Steelworker bc Shiftry controls winds and learns a lot of wind-themed moves)

Alolan Raichu crest: +25spatk +25 spd and ability levitate

Krookodile crest: +20 atk +25 spd

Florges crest: +25 def and spdef

Wishiwashi crest: maintains school form despite losing more than 75% hp

Umbreon crest: +30 def and 30 spdef (make it bulkier than ever)

Bisharp crest: +25 atk and +25 spd, ability moxie

Araquanid crest: +30 atk and +30 def

Bruxish crest: +25atk and +25 speed

Talonflame crest: +25 atk and +25spd (only way to kill it would be accelerock or a sturdy pokemon)

Golurk crest: +20 atk, +10 def and +10 spdef

Machamp crest: +15 atk, def and spdef

Nidoking crest: +20 atk, spatk and spd

Chatot crest: +25 spatk and +25 spd

Ribombee crest: +25 spatk and +25 spd

Incineroar crest: +15 atk and +30 spd, ability tough claws

Tsareena crest: +20 atk and +20 spd

Lycanroc crest: +15 atk and spd, 

Noivern crest: +25 spatk and +20 spd, ability aerilate

Heliolisk crest: +25 spatk and +20 spd, ability gavalnize

Infernape crest: +20 atk,+20 spd and ability tough claws

Edit: Sorry about what I said about the umbreon crest idea earlier ICSW. I'll try to remember not to use those kind of words

Edited by Dave9
  • Upvote 1

Breloom Crest:+35 Speed. 

Sorry if it's too excessive but I think Breloom desperately needs a speed boost to utilize it's high attack.

Alolan Muk Crest: +20 Def and when it poisons a foe(through poison touch or something) it should always deal badly poisoned. 

...That's all I can think of at the moment.

Noivern Crest: +20spatk +20spdef halves the damage taken from ice and rock type or give it aerilate for that glorious stab boomburst jk

Swampert Crest: +25def +25spdef halves the damage taken from grass type now he'll be a walking tank

Leavanny Crest: +30speed, ability Tough Claw. if the speed is a bit too much, +20 or +25 should be good enough

This is a personal suggestion but I wouldn't suggest crests for pokemon that have mega evolutions since they already have mega stones to enhance them and the crests won't increase their stats as much as mega evolution would.

Guess who's back, back with more Crests~?

These are a little more experimental, I confess~

Hopefully, they'll still stand up to the test~!

But even if they do get trashed, I will not have regrets~

Hey~!

...No, I haven't been playing too much Pokemon Spork lately, what are you talking about? 😅

My offerings for today combine the 'Binding' moves, which are basically a DoT that also traps the target until one the pokemon go down, with a slight buff to the Defenses (either +20 to the lower one, or +10 to both if they happen to be the same). They tend to be pretty stally by nature, so if that's not your cup of tea, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. Each of the Binding Moves has two pokemon tied to them (except for Magma Storm, for hopefully obvious reasons), each of which are able to learn the move anyway. Functionally, the statuses all do the same things, but I'm keeping them organized like this to preserve the flavor. Anyway, enough prattle- onto the main event!

Spoiler

Crests that inflict Bind Status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Carnivine Crest: +10 Def., +10 Sp. Def, and entangles attackers. 

Malamar Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and entangles attackers. 

Crests that inflict Wrap status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Tentacruel Crest: +20 Def., and ties up attackers. 

Lickilicky Crest: +10 Def., +10 Sp. Def., and ties up attackers. 

Crests that inflict Fire Spin status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Magmortar Crest: +20 Def., and engulfs attackers in flame. 

Turtonator Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and engulfs attackers in flame. 

Crests that inflict Clamp status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Cloyster Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and slams shut on attackers. 

Barbaracle Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and slams shut on attackers. 

Crests that inflict Whirlpool status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Wailord Crest: +10 Def., +10 Sp. Def., and submerges attackers in the current. 

Dhelmise Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and submerges attackers in the current. 

Crests that inflict Sand Tomb status when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Hippowdon Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and buries attackers in sand. (Inflicts Sand Tomb status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact)

Palossand Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and buries attackers in sand. (Inflicts Sand Tomb status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact)

Crests that inflict Infestation status for 4 rounds when hit by a move that makes Contact-

Vespiquen Crest: +10 Def., +10 Sp. Def., and swarms attackers. 

Araquanid Crest: +20 Def., and swarms attackers. 

I don't expect all of these to get into even the final build of the game (that'd absolutely absurd!), but hopefully this at least supplied food for fault. Oh, and I do have one last design set aside, just in case you really want to make lunatone sad- Solrock Crest: +20 Sp. Def., and engulfs attackers in flames.

Anyway, that's all for now. See ya later!

On 3/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, Dave9 said:

This is a personal suggestion but I wouldn't suggest crests for pokemon that have mega evolutions since they already have mega stones to enhance them and the crests won't increase their stats as much as mega evolution would.

Here's my take on it: Pokemon who will be used with or without a crest shouldn't really be given a crest. There's no real reason to give Crobat a crest since it is viable and very good which people who want to use it will without question. Crests should be used to give Pokemon who normally would be ignored a chance to actually shine and have some use and enjoyment instead of being a cripple. I don't think a Pokemon should be excluded simply because it has a mega or an Alolan form.

One Mega we should bring up is Audino. It's not a bad Pokemon but it does waste the Mega slot making it something that is a waste given we have much, much better options for Megas including Mawile once we get the Mega Ring. How I would make an Audino crest wouldn't be to change its stats, but simply to let it mega evolve plus an additional effect. Once such effect could be it doesn't cost you the Mega Evolution slot letting you Mega another Pokemon as well (kind of against this). The better idea imo is to give it the effect of Fur Coat or Normalize to make it kind of a monster tank. Not saying this is what should be done, but simply an option instead of dismissing a Mega because it's a Mega despite the fact it'll never be used due to its situation.

• Like 2

Hi. Here to submit a crest idea. Butterfree Crest which sends a stat boost along several turns into the future to be received by whichever mon on the field at the time, say 3 or 4 turns after Butterfree enters the field/uses a flying type move/whatever else. This is to represent the butterfly effect somewhat accurately. Plus it sounds fun!

For the sake of all that is holy, please do not give any OU mons or mons that are already great in rejuv a crest. Crests are meant to take mons that are looked down upon into the late game, not to make your favorite Pokemon ubers material. 

Anyways, while I'm here. 

Muk Crest: Swaps Defense with Special Defense, and makes any contact move used on it, apply Badly Poisoned status to the user of the contact move. 

Reasoning: "It is usually undetectable because it blends in with the ground. Touching it can cause terrible poisoning."- FireRed Dex Entry. 

You could change badly poisoned, to recoil against the user of the physical move too, and it would still make sense. You could also use that dex entry to justify it having a ground type motor drive of sorts, although that's skuntank's thing. An alternate cool idea would be to swap it's attack with it's special attack and a "Water Bubble" ability for poison. It is literally a giant glob of poisonous sludge. It's more then justified. 

Electrode Crest: Swaps Special Attack with Speed. If it gets hit with an attack before it moves, the next electric attack it uses would be twice as powerful .

Reasoning: "SoulSilver: It stores an overflowing amount of electric energy inside its body. Even a small shock makes it explode." "X: It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of “The Bomb Ball.”" 

Offers an alternative way of play. I think this makes the most sense for electrode, since outside a stat boost and maybe a free magnet rise, there isn't much else that fits, bar maybe an Electric type water bubble/Electric Surge, which aren't going to happen with 130 speed and decent spA for obvious reasons. 

And finally, the mon who deserves a crest most 

Greninja Crest: Applies Battle Bond and Water Bubble. 

Greninja is a very underused and garbage Pokemon. It's movepool is pretty mediocre and it's special attack and speed are dismal. I mean come on, getting outsped by Jolteon? Pitiful really. I think this crest would make it at least RU tier in Smogon, although given how bad the Pokemon is currently, there's no telling what would happen. But it's one of my favorites so I think you should give it a chance. 

hi more crest what are you talking about people have suggested these

Spoiler

Basculin Crest: Gives it STAB on Fighting type moves and Swift Swim

Granbull: Weakens the power of Poison and Steel moves against it and gives it Adaptability

Arbok Crest: Functions as though it is part Dark type (offensively and defensively)

Drifblim Crest: Forces Flare Boost to be activate regardless of status

Primeape Crest: Gives STAB on Dark type moves

Masquerain Crest: Weakens the power of Rock and Fire type moves vs it

Walrein Crest: Gives it Adaptability

Vivillon Crest: Gives it Shield Dust and Shed Skin

Wormadam Crest: Gives it a Multiscale variant and +10 speed

Castform Crest: Doubles speed in any weather and +20 spatk

Golduck Crest: +10 attack and STAB Psychic moves

Golurk Crest: +10 Spdef and Solid Rock

Farfetch’d Crest: Has the Stick Effect, Gives STAB on fighting type moves and makes Normal type moves become Fighting type, +20 Speed

Forretress Crest: Galvanize + STAB on Electric moves and +20 Spdef

Noivern Crest: All moves have a 10% chance to confuse

Meowstic Crest: Has the Light Clay effect and +10 spatk

Slurpuff Crest: Gives it Sticky +10 atk and +10 spatk

Aromatisse Crest: Gives it Poison Point + Poison Heal and resistant to Poison moves

Tropius Crest: Gives STAB Dragon moves + makes Normal type moves become Dragon type, +20 atk and spatk

Accelgor Crest: Makes Normal Type moves become Water Type + STAB Water type moves

Delcatty Crest: +10 Attack +10 speed, Huge Power

Lanturn Crest: Gives it Levitate +10 Defense

Druddigon Crest: Increases speed when it uses a Rock or Ground type move

Froslass Crest: Summons Hail + 10 spatk

Spiritomb Crest: Increases accuracy by 30% and gives it Bad Dreams

Muk Crest: Functions as though it is part Flying type (offensively and defensively), gives it Aerilate

Malamar Crest: increase priority move Topsy-Turvy and optionally give it additional ability of Anticipation(Check for SE moves so it can topsy-turvy-stopy them).  Stats increase are optional; preference are +15 Def/SDef and +10 Atk.

Lanturn Crest: Additional ability of Lighting Rod(Good combo with volt absorb or water absorb).  Or redirect enemies' attack to it in double battle(Since it's real life counterpart lure prey in with it's organic lightbulb).

Stats increase are optional, preferences are +25 Def and SDef or +50 HP.

Gogoat Crest: Additional ability of Thick Fat(To address common grass type issues).  Swap SAtk and Spd, +35 Def.  (Honestly this is all it needed to just not suck)

Spiritomb Crest: Boost Atk/SAtk in battle for every fainted pokemon, regardless if it's an ally or an enemy(Based on the whole hundreds of souls it has going on here) by 10%(or other percentage) each.  Or recover HP whenever a pokemon fainted(Regardless of who kills them or whether it's an ally or an enemy) by 20%(or other percentage) of their total HP.  Optional: +30 HP or +20 Def/SDef.

Pangoro Crest:  When it's opponent are "good/justicelike" pokemon(Fairy and Fighting), it's attack boosted by 50% (Law vs. Crime, Hero vs. Villain etc).   +35 Spd(So it won't just be bullet punching one or two time before dying horribly and it's typing makes it a poor defensive pokemon; too slow outside trick room, too fast inside trick room).

Edited by Solniste

53 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

Delcatty Crest: +10 Attack +10 speed, Huge Power

If you're going turn Delcatty into a nuke, it'd be better to give it a special huge power honestly. Its physical movepool is really, really bad. All this set would do is have Delcatty run Fake Out, Return, Sucker Punch, T-wave with Normalize. Despite its great movepool...it's a shit mon that dies faster than a Ninjask. Here's some other options:

+20 Speed, Simple

+10 Def, +10 Sp Def, Prankster

or my favorite:

+10 Speed, when this pokemon is sent out, copies the opponent's stat buffs (aka Psych Up)

Why am I a fan of the last one? I call it copycat and it's because it's kind of a unique effect that would be broken on any mon other than Delcatty. Delcatty is only good at two things: getting a T-wave off and Baton Passing. It's too weak to even be able to effectively set up a calm mind or cosmic power to pass off so being able to steal opponent stats helps negate that issue making it a pretty solid baton passer. It's only as broken as much as the opponent relies on stat increases. I'd also argue giving it +20-30 base speed but that's pushing it. I'd rather it have some kind of niche then trying to make it a poor man's version of something.

I know Noivern is a good Pokémon however it takes too much effort to raise and evolve it . So give it aerilate ability and +5 s.attack but decrease its defence and s.defence by 5 points each.

Edited by Master gamer

2 hours ago, Swampellow said:

Muk Crest: Functions as though it is part Flying type (offensively and defensively), gives it Aerilate

ummmmmmmmmmmmm how exactly would that work? i cant even think of any decent normal type moves it could get aside from body slam (?) which is outclassed by a crapton of far superior moves

6 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm how exactly would that work? i cant even think of any decent normal type moves it could get aside from body slam (?) which is outclassed by a crapton of far superior moves

It gets a couple of normal type moves via level, but also quite a few via TM (which we have access to). Don’t forget that Aerilate also boosts the move.

Here are some suggestions:

Kingdra Crest: +25 Sp.Attack and +25 Speed, change ability to adaptability

Raichu Crest: +30 Sp.Attack and change ability to speed boost

Accelgor Crest: +20 Sp.Attack

Archeops Crest: Change Ability to Rock Head

Gengar Crest: Change Ability to Levitate (Let me dream lol)

Durant Crest: +10 in Attack and Speed

11 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Greninja is a very underused and garbage Pokemon. It's movepool is pretty mediocre and it's special attack and speed are dismal. I mean come on, getting outsped by Jolteon? Pitiful really. I think this crest would make it at least RU tier in Smogon, although given how bad the Pokemon is currently, there's no telling what would happen. But it's one of my favorites so I think you should give it a chance. 

You’re trolling, right? 

hi i got bored and am not sorry

Spoiler

Wigglytuff Crest: Sharply raises all stats at below 50% health and gives it Parental Bond (attack of the guildmaster)

Kingler Crest: Turns Normal type moves into Rock Type moves & boosts their power

Girafarig Crest: Gives it Parental Bond

Mightyena Crest: Gives it Strong Jaw and boosts Speed upon getting a kill

Volbeat Crest: +10 Atk and Lightning Rod but boosts Physical Attack

Illumise Crest: +10 Spatk and Lightning Rod

Spinda Crest: Doubles all of its stats (like Huge Power) until it is below 30% health

Luvdisc Crest: Infatuates all opponents at the start of every turn

Mothim Crest: Boosts speed upon being hit by a Rock or Electric type move (Motor Drive)

Lumineon Crest: Gives it Poison Point and Intimidate

Lurantis Crest: Gives it Illusion and Chlorophyll

• Like 1

Simisage/Simisear/Simipour Crest: +30 in both defenses and Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent effect is active at all times.

Raichu Crest: A copy of Pikachu's Light Ball.

Walrein Crest: Boosts Ice Body ability which allows it to recover 1/8th of it's HP instead of 1/16th.

Drampa Crest: An ability similar to Anger Point but it increases Speed instead.