Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

9 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

JAN!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED AT LEAST 12 CHARACTERS FOR ONE OF MY NICKNAMES! I CAN'T NAME ONE OF MY POKEMON INTERCEPTOR! DAMMIT

I can only put Interceptr

its a name rater issue- you can give a pokemon you caught in the wild a nickname of twelve characters at most, but pokemon that you bring to the name rater can only renamed with max ten characters. im assuming this is leftovers from pre-gen VI name rater, where the maximum character limit was 10.

4 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

its a name rater issue- you can give a pokemon you caught in the wild a nickname of twelve characters at most, but pokemon that you bring to the name rater can only renamed with max ten characters. im assuming this is leftovers from pre-gen VI name rater, where the maximum character limit was 10.

Well that really sucks. I'm not willing to ev train the pokemon I was going to nickname because I need to ev train about 60 pokemon once I've obtained the last four

On 3/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, Dave9 said:

I was checking some of the pictures in graphics and it might be a spoiler on how Saki's going to look like in V12. You'd never guess what she looked like.

(...)

There are a number of unused sprites out there, like some (probable) future versions of Melia, Dr. Isiah, ANA (From the sidequest), Ghost gym's replacement leader... Also Cera's (Angie version of Cella) sprite looks very similar to a potential Saki

• Veterans

So earlier today, Jan asked people for some ideas for Crests over on Reborn's Discord server and it was suggested that we also take it up here on the Dev Blog!

So here we are. Let's get some basics out of the way for those of you who are not aware.

What is a Crest?

Spoiler

image.png.0b02bf64aa72fcaaf9d6b2e4ede0283f.png

item835.png.313224eb073e998cd26626b72965def2.png This is a crest.

It's an species specific item much like Pikachu's infamous Light Ball or the Soul Dew of the Lati@s that gives them some boosts, often in the form of stats or something else.

Spoiler

image.png.d411887ffc21209ea0059356d4cd97df.png

In Dusknoir's case here, it's base attack stat becomes 120, and it now gains an additional ability in Technician, powering up it's Shadow Punch and Shadow Sneak considerably! Others however can have different effects;

Spoiler

image.png.2e14ee4adb225d63fa871911964ea8ce.pngimage.png.8ffd0245f827f7165075b071e9d4d56a.png

Like these for example, acting as a buffer against weaknesses! There's no true end to what they can do.

That being said these are primarily designed for weaker Pokemon, the only restriction is that no Pseudo-Legendary may get one.

-------------------------------

What I ask from you people is to each ideas for a crest. We will then select the one we like the most and include it into the game! Better get cracking and creative if you want yours in then!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hehehehhehehehe hoooooohoooooo hehehehehehe Crests

Spoiler

Parasect Crest: Gives it Flash Fire and +10 defenses

Poliwrath Crest: Gives it Huge Power

Rapidash Crest: Gives it +20 Speed and Defiant

Noctowl Crest: Summons Tailwind and gives STAB Psychic moves

Qwilfish Crest: Makes Swift Swim always active

Corsola Crest: +90 in every stat

Exploud Crest: Gives a speedboost whenever a Sound move is used

Chimecho Crest: Gives it Dazzling and Soundproof

Probopass Crest: +20 in both Attacking Stats and Download

Unfezant Crest: Gives it Tough Claws + make all moves contact moves

Maractus Crest: Gives it Dancer and Iron Barbs

Gothitelle Crest: +20 Spatk and Magic Guard

Klinklang Crest: Gives it Levitate and makes Normal type moves become Ground Type

Bouffalant Crest: Gives it Fluffy

Tauros Crest: Gives it a +2 Attack Boost upon being struck by a Super Effective Hit

Miltank Crest: Gives it Stamina

Pyroar Crest: Gives it Queenly Majesty and +20 to both attacking stats

Clawitzer Crest: Gives it Swift Swim and Slush Rush

Aurorus Crest: Gives it Slush Rush

Tyrantrum Crest: Gives it Sand Rush

Avalugg Crest: Gives it +10 Spdef and Solid Rock

Vikavolt Crest: Merges its attack and speed

Crabominable Crest: Merges its HP and speed

Lurantis Crest: Gives it Chlorophyll

Palossand Crest: Getting hit by a water move heals it + activates Water Compaction

Turtonator Crest: Summons Sunny weather

Dhelmise Crest: Gives it Arena Trap

• Global Mods

Dodrio: Increase Base Defence +10 and gains the ability Huge Power

Primeape: Increase Base Speed +20 and gains the ability Scrappy

20 hours ago, kithas said:

There are a number of unused sprites out there, like some (probable) future versions of Melia, Dr. Isiah, ANA (From the sidequest), Ghost gym's replacement leader... Also Cera's (Angie version of Cella) sprite looks very similar to a potential Saki

Saki’s mugshot is actually quite old. It’s been around since V4 because Jan had already completed ~12 badges, but didn’t release them all. This is also why Ryland has a mugshot, he was originally fought as the 10th leader.

2FCAA814-B723-4D32-BB16-0E1432823D31.png

Spoiler

Looking at the current badges she won’t be fought in V12 unless it has 2 badges. As for the other mugshots, the only unused ones are Isha’s and Melia’s non-player one. Spector can be fought, Melia is playable for a short time and ANA is a secret playable character.

696D82A0-A129-4AE8-8FDE-27F454E52BCE.png

Sylveon crest: +65 Attack, +65 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +70 Speed. Battle Bond ability, changes form if it knocks out a Pokémon. Swift becomes 90 BP.

95/130/130/130/130/130

Note: This isn’t meant to be serious. I wouldn’t want a powerful one to be in there.

3F21B25B-BBA2-4455-BFD3-A66EFD02494F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mayflower896 said:

Saki’s mugshot is actually quite old. It’s been around since V4 because Jan had already completed ~12 badges, but didn’t release them all. This is also why Ryland has a mugshot, he was originally fought as the 10th leader.

2FCAA814-B723-4D32-BB16-0E1432823D31.png

Hide contents

Looking at the current badges she won’t be fought in V12 unless it has 2 badges. As for the other mugshots, the only unused ones are Isha’s and Melia’s non-player one. Spector can be fought, Melia is playable for a short time and ANA is a secret playable character.

696D82A0-A129-4AE8-8FDE-27F454E52BCE.png

I... may have missed a lot of content 🤔🤔🤔

Of course I'd like a Lucario crest, but pokemon that have mega evolutions shouldn't need crests so I'm going to suggest some other ones

Roserade crest: boost 25 spatk and 25 Spd

Walrein crest: boost 10 in both defenses and 20 in spatk

Of course after coming up with a unique name like the butterflies of fate for the form of vivillon seen most of the time in the game, it's only appropriate for Vivillon to have a crest. This other idea is just so Leo's angel of death (beautifly) doesn't decimate all of us

Vivillon crest: boost 25 spatk and 25 Spd (same for the beautifly crest)

Breloom crest: boost 30 spd and 15 atk

Is it Crest Suggestion time at last? Well, I wasn't actually expecting one to crop up, so this is quite a pleasant surprise!

So, I'm gonna suggest a bit of a doozy: I personally like Insulation Trash Cloak Wormadam a fair bit, and would love to see it get buffed a bit! But it wouldn't be fair to improve one wormadam without also giving something to the other two, and it'd be a bit of a hassle to create a Crest for each individual form. Thus, I had to come up with a concept that would provide a blanket boost that all three forms would benefit from- a bit of a tricky endeavor, given that one of them's a wannabe Quiver Dance user, another is liable to run Gyro Ball, and the last is Physical AF. But hey, I got something to offer here despite those differences anyway!

Wormadam Crest: Increases the holder's Defenses (either by +10, +15, or +20, depending on what the devs feel is more balanced) and reduces damage from Fire attacks (as if it had the Ability Heatproof).

The two things that tie all of wormadam's forms together is that they are slow, and weak to Fire. Being so slow, they can stand to be a bit more bulky- and we know from the original Cofagrigus Crest that the code isn't happy with ones that affect HP, so we have to stick to Defense buffs. While reducing Fire damage is pretty self-explanatory, it's important to note that it only nullifies the weakness for the Sandy Cloak- the other two would still take double damage from it. Still, it does give them a slight edge over the other pokemon with their Type combinations, so it's still a win on their end anyway~!

Meganium crest: +10 defense & special defense and inceases the amount of HP recovered trough HP draining moves. 

Castform crest: +20 special attack and inmune to status conditions when there´s wheather condition.

• Upvote 1

Crobat Crest: +20 Sp.Atk and gives it Sheer Force. 

If that's too much, then Sheer Force can be omitted. I just thought Crobat's special game was always ignored since it's not as powerful even though it has better coverage on the special side. These crests can help with that, hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

claydol crest: +20 to hp or sp atk

gastrodon crest: reduces weakness to grass

golurk crest: boost hp, def and sp def by 10

hitmonchan: gives stab boost to the elemental punches