Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

2 hours ago, RedAlert said:

I do, I follow DerogatoryTrainer and Commander's runs when I can. DT is pretty behind though.

It's the ridiculous amount of time travel that confounds me - especially since there's a lot of time between the version releases and a whole bunch of characters.

Can't speak for Derog but I'm trying to get it done slowly in this busy time (I'm at the last Eli and Sharon fight right now) but my inability to not go on a rant slows progress down. I blame General Saki on that (that's your only tease from me). After this year things will probably speed up as I finish up schooling (that and a job drain time).

As for time travel, I probably will complain and explain it a lot. It's not time travel but The Longest Journey (it's a game made in the 90s) is a great example to demonstrate how to handle characters across two different times. I also don't follow Rejuv closely enough to really produce a guide or a plot explanation because some stuff happens on a different branch and important bits of info gets lost into the void of explanations. I can't even tell you the name of the girl whose apartment we're crashing in kind of bad. 

Man i hope there wont be any bugs found on beta stage.  I'm going to Shanghai the next 3 days and won't be able to use my laptop for the next 2 weeks 😥

Let's avoid anymore DOUBLE LEFTOVER Florges. I still go to therapy for it.

Speaking off, why is it when a trainer is our battle partner, they are utterly incompetent and are at best, meat shields for us to set up, but when we fight them SUDDENLY they become a challenge and usually have unfair advantages and better AI. Compare and contrast fighting with Erin against the Rift Regi, to Challenger Erin.  It's also like Shelly from Reborn.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Speaking off, why is it when a trainer is our battle partner, they are utterly incompetent and are at best, meat shields for us to set up, but when we fight them SUDDENLY they become a challenge and usually have unfair advantages and better AI. Compare and contrast fighting with Erin against the Rift Regi, to Challenger Erin.  It's also like Shelly from Reborn.  

Spoiler

her play rough absol and florges is all she needs to carry (but then again i play easy mode) whats bs is ren's greninja suddenly having gunk shot though 😞

Edited by jerrybabey

2 hours ago, not Azery said:

..unsure what you're on about given that Erin carries that fight super hard, but ok.

Well in my playthrough, her team were taken down when i had four Golems left to take on. Half her team was taken down by Rock slide from Regirock.

3 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Noticed this as well. Melia especially was disastrous in the battle vs Geara and Zetta. She either got oneshotted or would use the worst move possible. I remember her Togekiss using aura sphere or sth on Zetta's Vileplume smh

the reason for the partner ai being so bad even though it's literally the exact same ai, is that it has absolutely no clue about the decisions the player will make. Melia's AI has no clue what the player will do, but Zetta's AI and Geara's AI know exactly what the other is doing even though all of the 3 ai's are set to maximum intelligence.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Noticed this as well. Melia especially was disastrous in the battle vs Geara and Zetta. She either got oneshotted or would use the worst move possible. I remember her Togekiss using aura sphere or sth on Zetta's Vileplume smh

idk about you guys but Melia absolutely carried me in the battle 

13 hours ago, Illumi said:

Well there like 3-4 more versions so maaaaaaaaybe beta will be back in later releases...? Hopefully. Unless someone will leak stuff again, and everyone will be screwed because of 1 idiot like right now.

I doubt it. With this kinda thing, Zumi and Jan would most likely have the same restrictions for future releases. Just from preventing leaking. Not to mention they have a list, which I really don't know how to get on, as Zumi stated before. So yeah, not holding my breath on that. 

42 minutes ago, Mytic27 said:

idk about you guys but Melia absolutely carried me in the battle 

What? You have to be the first one saying that lol 

What difficulty are you playing in? From what I know, Melia (and most of the Partners in team battles) is, at best, there. 

What I found funny was how even in the Atheneum segment, in the Melia vs Erin fight, how I realized Erin is nigh impossible to defeat if you don't consciously maintain Mimikyu alive, because all of Melia's team is either defensive or a special attacker, and Misty Terrain Florges is just too much. 

I took down that DOUBLE LEFTOVER Florges with the Snorlax. Being a great special tank doesn't stop regular attacks. It wasn't easy though, IT WASN"T EASY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!. AAHHHHHHHHH.

Ahem, anyone want to take a bet that what snaps Lorna out of her brainwashed state is us showing her our bicycle?

6 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I took down that DOUBLE LEFTOVER Florges with the Snorlax. Being a great special tank doesn't stop regular attacks. It wasn't easy though, IT WASN"T EASY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!. AAHHHHHHHHH.

Ahem, anyone want to take a bet that what snaps Lorna out of her brainwashed state is us showing her our bicycle?

So That is Double Leftover Flores, huh. I recognized Melia's team wasn't balanced balanced at all lol

Just now, kithas said:

So That is Double Leftover Flores, huh. I recognized Melia's team wasn't balanced balanced at all lol

There was a glitch that had Florges' leftover have a double effect, combine that with wish and you have hell. 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

What? You have to be the first one saying that lol 

What difficulty are you playing in? From what I know, Melia (and most of the Partners in team battles) is, at best, there. 

What I found funny was how even in the Atheneum segment, in the Melia vs Erin fight, how I realized Erin is nigh impossible to defeat if you don't consciously maintain Mimikyu alive, because all of Melia's team is either defensive or a special attacker, and Misty Terrain Florges is just too much. 

Normal difficulty

9 hours ago, Magus543 said:

I Just remember fighting the psychic gym, in a matter of turns I was fight a double battle alone....

Did someone remember the fight Player and Melia vs Saki and Venam?

My Melia continued to spam Aura Sphere with Togekiss against Venam's Poison Types...

Edited by Fredzard

12 hours ago, Magus543 said:

thinks back to the puppet master gym fight where their alolan muk went 1v12 while paralyzed and in the red most of the fight living off of purely black sludge healing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcBolt27 said:

thinks back to the puppet master gym fight where their alolan muk went 1v12 while paralyzed and in the red most of the fight living off of purely black sludge healing

Seriously,does it happened to you?

1 minute ago, Fredzard said:

Seriously,does it happened to you?

yes that actually happened, and it was on intense difficulty which made it all the more brutal if it wasnt for stuff like poison jab/poison touch combo or knock off and power up punch i wouldnt have lived as easily