Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

I'm wondering if there'a a connection between the Beeheym and Mysterious trainer in the Where Love Lies part and the black Gardevoir that terrorized us? And I also wonder if Madame X has anything to do with these events and people?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Hey guys!

Today I'm happy to show that the official artwork for all of the protagonists has been finished and updated to match the current designs! There was art for the old designs, but since the protagonists got a new look in V10 and V11, it would only be a matter of time until I'd update the art as well to match. There's also a couple of icons made of the art that you can use freely!

You can find all of the fully updated works in this thread.

Enjoy! :^)҉

Thanks zumi for the new art, you are a great artist

1 hour ago, fireflame said:

I'm wondering if there'a a connection between the Beeheym and Mysterious trainer in the Where Love Lies part and the black Gardevoir that terrorized us? And I also wonder if Madame X has anything to do with these events and people?

Gardevoir is just Vitus's mon so maybe? We literally know nothing about the UB group.

EDIT: spelling

44 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Gardevoir is just Vitus's mon so maybe? We literally know nothing about the UB group.

EDIT: spelling

iirc in v11 u find out gardevoir wasnt vitus' mon originally but that he took them in after their previous owner abandoned them tho i could be remembering that wrong

3 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

iirc in v11 u find out gardevoir wasnt vitus' mon originally but that he took them in after their previous owner abandoned them tho i could be remembering that wrong

That's pretty much it yeah.

Just now, enderowl said:

What was the name Nymiera called the protagonist when they were going to find the Futuristic Surfer with the Ultra Beast?

Adrest, I think.

And iirc, the Gardevoir was Mr Luck's Ralts before Indriad's. Or somebody else's with an identical sprite.

2 minutes ago, kithas said:

Adrest, I think.

And iirc, the Gardevoir was Mr Luck's Ralts before Indriad's. Or somebody else's with an identical sprite.

Probably his grandpa or smth.

27 minutes ago, Aiko said:

Probably his grandpa or smth.

But the past was dated 50 years before the present, eloquently stated by the resident smartypants and normal pre leader Melia so probably great grandpa who is also named Mr.Luck or the current Mr.Luck is immortal and hasnt aged physically. Hmmmmm....

53 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

But the past was dated 50 years before the present, eloquently stated by the resident smartypants and normal pre leader Melia so probably great grandpa who is also named Mr.Luck or the current Mr.Luck is immortal and hasnt aged physically. Hmmmmm....

XD tbh any of those are possible.

Considering the Episode name, i think a lot of things are going to be cleared up, hopefully things like Crescent, what Nim actually is, and what's up with the memory loss regarding the Miera region? Also i'm looking forward to our reunion with Lorna. 

Rumor has it Surfer Lad and Surfer Lass are in fact Lord Xenadin and Freya (the guys who died in the Miera region and were identified).

Edited by Kite Silvers

14 minutes ago, Kite Silvers said:

Hide contents

Rumor has it Surfer Lad and Surfer Lass are in fact Lord Xenadin and Freya (the guys who died in the Miera region and were identified).

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure at  least the latter is true. The former is likely but hard to say until we know what the difference is between old and new team xen

55 minutes ago, eternal.irony said:

Does anyone remember how to change in game avatar sprites

You can change between two skins in the Stormchasers town, and in the Axis High section of GDC, south of the fontaine, theres an NPC who can change from old to new sprites. The third way would be to go into the game folder in Graphics and Characters, and manually change all the character sprites for the ones you want to get (You'll need the new files named exactly like the old ones for the game to read them)

On 6/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jan said:

Problem is, I don't think raid battles can work well, if at all, in RMXP. The screen is far too small, and double battles already lag the game. Imagine having more than 4 on screen + server stability... Yeah that sounds like a rip.

i have a suggestion for dynamaxing. Dont make the pokemon sprites bigger, just alter the color of the  pokemon that will dynamax.

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

48 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

i have a suggestion for dynamaxing. Dont make the pokemon sprites bigger, just alter the color of the  pokemon that will dynamax.

For the love of, I'm not mad at you, but it does grind my gears a bit how people beg for stuff ESPECIALLY when it hasn't even come into existence yet. Dynamax could be an awful mechanic everyone despises and then that'd be a waste of all that time planning something nobody wants. Jan already said Gen 8 was on the table to include which is way beyond what you could ask for someone who spends 3-4 times as much time making this game as you think. Just take this life lesson: be grateful for the things you do get even if you are hopeful for more.

No seriously, you don't get full on fan passion projects of this scale other than a sheer few lucky franchises and pretty much all other fandoms would kill to have this many massive projects at this point in production at this quality. You think a Jan or Ame kind of dev is going to just appear out of nowhere and just magically make a free fan game similar to your interest? I'm sorry, but that's wishful thinking. It might, but it might be a few years before something surfaces. I'm sorry to scare you, but you really should think what you ask of people especially if you aren't willing to put forth the effort yourself. If Jan doesn't want to do Dynamax, he shouldn't have to. It's time and work taken away from improving scripts, improving the quality, etc. This stuff doesn't magically come together and work within a week or two.

As for the whole Gen 8 stuff, Jan, I'll give you my simple thoughts: don't ever do something needless that'll start burning you out. There's 800 mons. People can live without 100 of them. But if you and the team are excited and really want to put forth the massive resources for such a project and feat, I say go for it. There's pros and cons for doing and not doing it. You have well over a year to decide on it so it's not something to rush a decision that you'll regret later. Just ignore the people going "Man, I really want Rejuv to implement Gen 8" or "So when's Gen 8 coming?" If you're really a fan of Rejuv, either decision shouldn't be the cause of you dropping the game as that'd be ridiculous refusing to play something just because "Wooloo" isn't in it.

And now with that rant over time for something more enjoyable

OMG GUYZ! ALBA IS ALMOIST DON! CAN I BE EN TAH BETAH AZ I AM A MAD SKILLZ GAMAH! THO THIZ GAME EZ TOO HEARD AND NEEDZ NERD HERD! I STALL BET IT THO! AND I HELPZ HERD! WHAR DO I SING UP?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3