Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Acedy said:

OH MY GOD, I JUST REMEMBERED. ERIN!

Speaking of that, did the Puppetmaster attempt to kill Melia and Erin, as he's the one that gave them the tickets to the ball? (Well, Melia is safe thanks to, ironically, Amaria)

32 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Speaking of that, did the Puppetmaster attempt to kill Melia and Erin, as he's the one that gave them the tickets to the ball? (Well, Melia is safe thanks to, ironically, Amaria)

sort of, he did that so that those two could get in the restricted area of the library

I feel the PM's intentions weren't that simple (even with the use of Alice siblings), because maybe there is something we can do to change it. But, well, plot wise things don't look good for Erin. 

Spoiler

I'm semi-convinced Erin might be a lost Nora because she gets sick when we change the timeline, specifically the her across but, followed by aelita who starts feeling awful before we confront Vivian.

Also she has no parents, no family, and yet she ends up with Souta, who helps heal the chains around Aelita's heart, who is intrinsically involved with that whole scenario. We still have no idea why she was sent back to the past with us, just that it was essential. So I feel like she's connected somehow to that and was just overwritten like many many characters to well, not be Nora anymore.

So she'll prove to be of the four lights and survive... Somehow. My theory gets muddled after that.

1 minute ago, Aiko said:
  Hide contents

I'm semi-convinced Erin might be a lost Nora because she gets sick when we change the timeline, specifically the her across but, followed by aelita who starts feeling awful before we confront Vivian.

Also she has no parents, no family, and yet she ends up with Souta, who helps heal the chains around Aelita's heart, who is intrinsically involved with that whole scenario. We still have no idea why she was sent back to the past with us, just that it was essential. So I feel like she's connected somehow to that and was just overwritten like many many characters to well, not be Nora anymore.

So she'll prove to be of the four lights and survive... Somehow. My theory gets muddled after that.

Holy crap, i did not even consider that, but then again, isn't her soul kinda gone?

13 minutes ago, Aiko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Isn't nora's soul straight up gone?

EDIT: someone already asked that, but still.

Plus, it's seemed like Aelita's journey with her past had already ended. I mean, Erin could be someone like Canon or Aelita but I'm not sure Nora is the one. 

10 minutes ago, kithas said:

Plus, it's seemed like Aelita's journey with her past had already ended. I mean, Erin could be someone like Canon or Aelita but I'm not sure Nora is the one. 

She's still figuring out the whole Beheeyem thing, so she's not done yet.

Spoiler

I forgot about that. Still, it's said MC's mom doesn't have a soul or emotions or things like that so that wouldn't mean much really. That's probably how "Erin" was born in the first place. I'm not sure why they would even tell Aelita who the daughter was if it wasn't relevant somehow, considering the gold text for her name.

28 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

She's still figuring out the whole Beheeyem thing, so she's not done yet.

That seems like it belongs to its own "future people arc" with Nihilego Girl and Xurkitree Boy being the main focus. Not sure why would Nora be brought to the present, but, oh, well, everything can happen hahah

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kithas said:

That seems like it belongs to its own "future people arc" with Nihilego Girl and Xurkitree Boy being the main focus. Not sure why would Nora be brought to the present, but, oh, well, everything can happen hahah

I was refering to the whole "Keta's life being manipulated because of Nihilego girl" thing which is most certainly relevant to her (hell, Taelia went out of her way just to tell Aelita that something's up), but yeah.

6 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

I don't think the Puppetmaster did it to kill them, but instead needed them there for something.  Remember, Alice and Allen are also there.  When we meet the Puppetmaster, we were told that they would be important later.  Maybe they'll somehow stop the explosion from killing everyone?  It's hard to say, but that's four people placed there by the Puppetmaster.

12 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

all this talk of nora and i cant remember for the life of me who they were............... someone mind refreshing my memory plis?

Spoiler

Nora was the daughter of Kenneth (aka Keta) and Taelia.

1 hour ago, DanelerH said:

I don't think the Puppetmaster did it to kill them, but instead needed them there for something.  Remember, Alice and Allen are also there.  When we meet the Puppetmaster, we were told that they would be important later.  Maybe they'll somehow stop the explosion from killing everyone?  It's hard to say, but that's four people placed there by the Puppetmaster.

To be fair, Alice and Allen were placed there by Rhodea because she couldn't deal with their shit any longer, but hopefully this is all part of the Puppetmaster master plan or something.

Are there going to be a lot of changes to previous events? I'm thinking of starting a new save file but not sure if I want to wait for it to release or start now so I can play the new content by the time it's released.

2 minutes ago, Gore said:

Are there going to be a lot of changes to previous events? I'm thinking of starting a new save file but not sure if I want to wait for it to release or start now so I can play the new content by the time it's released.

The only one we know for sure is the odd house quest.

12 hours ago, Gore said:

Umm starting a new playthrough is always a good idea when a lot has changed, so just wait and see.