Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

6 hours ago, Acedy said:

So I was like. I'm bored, and then I remembered last time we visited Alamissa Urben we were in the entrance to something but then we were kicked by that mysterious silver surfer dude. 

I've returned to Alamissa Urben and to my surprise that unexplored place was blocked.

But it couldn't sit with me and I wanted to explore it anyway, so I just decided to create a possible scenario of how that place might look in the next chapter:

Hey I'm not actually trying to reply to this post but I'm on mobile right now and it's being finicky as hell so I can't delete the quoted part, so, sorry.

Regardless, I was going to make a joke about the percent of completion being at 69 but the whole mood has been ruined now. This is anything but nice

Now the question is, is Erin alive or not?

For me, I hope she is alive because she finally found a family she belongs in and she said it herself that she isn't going to die.

43 minutes ago, enderowl said:

Now the question is, is Erin alive or not?

For me, I hope she is alive because she finally found a family she belongs in and she said it herself that she isn't going to die.

Well, I agree, but at the same time, you could say "finding your found family and reason to live" is a big red flag for her actually dying. I still think her time to shine hasn't come yet, though, and the fact that she (and Melia) were supposed to be there wasn't just to be bombed out with the rest of them.

Level prediction of next Gym leader’s Ace Pokemon.

Casual: 83 (just because to hope it doesn’t go over the cap. But in V10, Angie’s Walrein was on par at Level 50, and the cap was Level 50!))

Normal: 87 (Adam’s Aerodactyl eventually went over our level cap of 80; it’s Level is 83!)

Intense: 90 (Perhaps the biggest jump in levels were seen on both Adam and previously Flora. Adam’s Ace was Level 85 while Flora’s Venusaur was Level 70 on intense, while our level cap at the time is 65.)

8 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Level prediction of next Gym leader’s Ace Pokemon.

Casual: 83 (just because to hope it doesn’t go over the cap. But in V10, Angie’s Walrein was on par at Level 50, and the cap was Level 50!))

Normal: 87 (Adam’s Aerodactyl eventually went over our level cap of 80; it’s Level is 83!)

Intense: 90 (Perhaps the biggest jump in levels were seen on both Adam and previously Flora. Adam’s Ace was Level 85 while Flora’s Venusaur was Level 70 on intense, while our level cap at the time is 65.)

I really want the next gym to be Damien 👀

1243870814_Screenshot(219).thumb.png.09dc61c773f28a7aa608e1f214c174b4.png

1 hour ago, Acedy said:

I really want the next gym to be Damien 👀

1243870814_Screenshot(219).thumb.png.09dc61c773f28a7aa608e1f214c174b4.png

Based on the plot, I think it would be Ryland (Ground type) but there's probably still a boss fight before him. 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:21 AM, kithas said:

Yes, but that'll mean work. And you got Dynamaxing, Raid battles and probably a lot of new things which would probably be a pain to program into the games.

Eh, that doesn't need to be added. Just their moves, stats and evolutions is all. Alongside moves they could learn or are supposed to learn.

39 minutes ago, Jan said:

At this stage of the game, I'm probably going to skip out on Dynamaxing and Raid Battles. Especially since Dynamax is just a merge of Z moves and Megas, and Raid Battles are...  yeah, no. Those aside, I will be adding in new moves, Pokemon, abilities, items, etc. 

So Ren's definetly getting the bird. Nice. 

On a less jokey tone, I also think Dynamaxing would be superfluous, having both Mega-Z mechanics and the cooler Rift modes, so good choice 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jan said:

At this stage of the game, I'm probably going to skip out on Dynamaxing and Raid Battles. Especially since Dynamax is just a merge of Z moves and Megas, and Raid Battles are...  yeah, no. Those aside, I will be adding in new moves, Pokemon, abilities, items, etc. 

Really happy to hear this.  Thanks for making a statement on this.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

So Ren's definetly getting the bird. Nice. 

The bird is so perfect for him.

Another prediction...

I guess the starting point would be outside the tournament and go South from the protesters to where the guard is blocking.

or

Go to Scholar District to where the guard is blocking the Grand Hall.

23 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Another prediction...

I guess the starting point would be outside the tournament and go South from the protesters to where the guard is blocking.

or

Go to Scholar District to where the guard is blocking the Grand Hall.

iirc the ending point of the last episode was Adam's battle, so I think it would be inside the waiting/locker room, and from then to the south. 

And if we're on the way to speculate, I guess the Tournament will be called off, right? It's a fun way to stay out of "you either lose a battle when all you've done up until now is win your way until here or you might cut straight through the league/plot", but I think I'm not the only one to be curious as to how the battle against Risa (or whatever the cool diva's name is) and her team.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

iirc the ending point of the last episode was Adam's battle, so I think it would be inside the waiting/locker room, and from then to the south. 

And if we're on the way to speculate, I guess the Tournament will be called off, right? It's a fun way to stay out of "you either lose a battle when all you've done up until now is win your way until here or you might cut straight through the league/plot", but I think I'm not the only one to be curious as to how the battle against Risa (or whatever the cool diva's name is) and her team.

Or, every remaining Leader will participate in the tournament and will give us their badge upon being defeated, just like Adam did. Now wouldn't that be hilarious.

Edited by Kite Silvers

35 minutes ago, Kite Silvers said:

Or, every remaining Leader will participate in the tournament and will give us their badge upon being defeated, just like Adam did. Now wouldn't that be hilarious.

I was going to say something that "I didn't see Ryland, Saki or Damien make it to the participants list, but, well, neither did we, so... 

Speaking of gym leaders, we got confirmation from Amber that there isn't currently a Dark-Type leader in rejuv's league after her father in WLL, so any theories on how that wild card is going to be played? 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I was going to say something that "I didn't see Ryland, Saki or Damien make it to the participants list, but, well, neither did we, so... 

Speaking of gym leaders, we got confirmation from Amber that there isn't currently a Dark-Type leader in rejuv's league after her father in WLL, so any theories on how that wild card is going to be played? 

I'm honestly so out of the loop, I want to say Damien since he is supposedly the Dark-Type user, but yeah I think I need to refresh my memory after so much time.

Edit: Just remembered that he's actually the Dragon type gym leader. 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

...Madame X uses Yveltal and (allegedly) a Bisharp, so...

But in all siriousness, we did not exactly witness Deagan die in WLL (we only saw the blood on the ice). But given that we can travel in time, Daegan being alive in the present is not necessarily relevant. We did get the Normal-type badge without Melia's assistance, didn't we?

Edited by Kite Silvers

22 minutes ago, Kite Silvers said:

We did get the Normal-type badge without Melia's assistance, didn't we?

What's funny about this game is that both answers are technically correct! But jokes aside, I know, and it gives me hope that we get to fight an alternate dimension dark-type leader, or some being like the Puppet Master

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Acedy said:

It seems that only misc cleanup's left, I think I'm reaching hype levels not seen in years.

I'm not gonna lie, my hype when I played V10 was so high between the story, the sprite changes and the battles. I can't say that hype gets that high on a regular basis

I'm looking forward for the added story since I want to know what happens next and this is a bit too early to say this, but I'm gonna wish good luck on all the people who are gonna beta test this version of the game.

• Upvote 1