Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

6 hours ago, Ulti said:

Is anyone else here slightly concerned that she may have pyrokinetic powers now?

I'm getting serious Lord Dominator flashbacks here.

I can sense her bloodlust and desire to destroy. It terrifying

10 hours ago, Xavier575 said:

I don't think we will be fighting Rift Regice, as that entire tower we were in WAS rift Regice.  No matter how strong your Pokemon are, a goddamn tower of ice could require a tornado to at least scratch it.  

Remember every Rift pokémon has two stages, one "pocket dimension" stage where you enter the spherical form and end up in some terrain (e.g. the place the animation for Magikarp-Rift Gyarados was played in) and one "eldritch abomination stage that is their true form. Actually we already fought a Rift Regirock so it should be doable.

Spoiler

Also I want to see if we're going to get a Hazuki Arc with a Rift Registeel and a Nymiera Arc with who inevitably will be Rift Regigigas lol

15 hours ago, kithas said:

Remember every Rift pokémon has two stages, one "pocket dimension" stage where you enter the spherical form and end up in some terrain (e.g. the place the animation for Magikarp-Rift Gyarados was played in) and one "eldritch abomination stage that is their true form. Actually we already fought a Rift Regirock so it should be doable.

Hide contents

Also I want to see if we're going to get a Hazuki Arc with a Rift Registeel and a Nymiera Arc with who inevitably will be Rift Regigigas lol

Did we really fight a rift regirock? My memory of it is hazy then.  I thought the ones we battled were the true forms as well.  

Oh, wait.  No, I thought the snowy terrain we were in was the pocket dimension, and the tower was Regice.  It was what I was told anyway.  

And yes, I assume we will fight Hazuki eventually.  And the way Nymiera was talking to us, no doubt we will eventually fight her as well.  Although, kind of terrifying.  A rift Regigigas?? Will it not have Slow Start? 

10 hours ago, Xavier575 said:

Did we really fight a rift regirock? My memory of it is hazy then.  I thought the ones we battled were the true forms as well.  

Oh, wait.  No, I thought the snowy terrain we were in was the pocket dimension, and the tower was Regice.  It was what I was told anyway.  

And yes, I assume we will fight Hazuki eventually.  And the way Nymiera was talking to us, no doubt we will eventually fight her as well.  Although, kind of terrifying.  A rift Regigigas?? Will it not have Slow Start? 

Spoiler

Back in V10, we had to break the garufan curse placed upon Aelita so we had to infiltrate her rift and extract her however she obviously resisted so the interceptor and Erin had to battle Aelita aka the rift regirock (since Vivian can summon Regirock using her powers and Aelita's her reincarnation than it makes sense that Aelita rift pokemon would be a regirock). As for the rift regice, I'm might be significantly bulkier then again, Angie is very agressive and unstable so it might be lacking bulk the same way Aelita is stubborn and agressive when she's in "hyper mode", my final guess with rift regice is that the most bulk it will get is max hp and it will be really powerful. Rift registeel is probably similar to rift regirock, hyper offensive and fast. Rift Regigigas will probably have protean since in WLL (where love lies) they had many typings in Nymiera's test, I'm expecting it to be bulky however we don't know enough about Nymiera to figure out what stats that rift could have, it could be the toughest rift.

11 hours ago, Dave9 said:
  Hide contents

Back in V10, we had to break the garufan curse placed upon Aelita so we had to infiltrate her rift and extract her however she obviously resisted so the interceptor and Erin had to battle Aelita aka the rift regirock (since Vivian can summon Regirock using her powers and Aelita's her reincarnation than it makes sense that Aelita rift pokemon would be a regirock). As for the rift regice, I'm might be significantly bulkier then again, Angie is very agressive and unstable so it might be lacking bulk the same way Aelita is stubborn and agressive when she's in "hyper mode", my final guess with rift regice is that the most bulk it will get is max hp and it will be really powerful. Rift registeel is probably similar to rift regirock, hyper offensive and fast. Rift Regigigas will probably have protean since in WLL (where love lies) they had many typings in Nymiera's test, I'm expecting it to be bulky however we don't know enough about Nymiera to figure out what stats that rift could have, it could be the toughest rift.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, Aelita was the Rift Regirock.  How could I forget? That battle gave me quite a beating.  Well, a bulky Regice won't be much of a problem, I just need to use Stone Edge from Lycanroc and it should do roughly half no matter what.  Registeel would be a problem though, as the only Fire type I use is Talonflame.  A Regigigas with Protean?! I guess I had better stock a few dozen revives then.  I haven't played WLL yet, but I did start it.  Been busy unfortunately.  Was it needed for part 11? 

On 4/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, Xavier575 said:
  Hide contents

Oh yeah, Aelita was the Rift Regirock.  How could I forget? That battle gave me quite a beating.  Well, a bulky Regice won't be much of a problem, I just need to use Stone Edge from Lycanroc and it should do roughly half no matter what.  Registeel would be a problem though, as the only Fire type I use is Talonflame.  A Regigigas with Protean?! I guess I had better stock a few dozen revives then.  I haven't played WLL yet, but I did start it.  Been busy unfortunately.  Was it needed for part 11? 

Unfortunately it can still learn 4 moves. In Kenneth's trial There were at least 10 types of regigigaa(I don’t remember correctly).So maybe a LOT of those?   

17 hours ago, Zanoar said:

Unfortunately it can still learn 4 moves. In Kenneth's trial There were at least 10 types of regigigaa(I don’t remember correctly).So maybe a LOT of those?   

10 types?? Uh, what? Actually, don't tell me.  I'll eventually be able to play WLL

So I thought about a particular key item that Ren gave to the player character: the Mysterious Black Box! This box previously belong to Nancy before it was passed down. The purpose of this box is unknown, except that by looking at the icon of said key item, it made me do a comparison drawing. I'll make the player character wear it similar to how the Millennium Puzzle was attached. Aevia is the only character that I can draw with ease; I might have difficulty drawing the others.

rejuvenation.png

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 8:31 AM, Vince&Sylveon said:

So I thought about a particular key item that Ren gave to the player character: the Mysterious Black Box! This box previously belong to Nancy before it was passed down. The purpose of this box is unknown, except that by looking at the icon of said key item, it made me do a comparison drawing. I'll make the player character wear it similar to how the Millennium Puzzle was attached. Aevia is the only character that I can draw with ease; I might have difficulty drawing the others.

rejuvenation.png

That looks incredible! Nice art work keep it up.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 3:31 AM, Vince&Sylveon said:

rejuvenation.png

Great artwork Vince! While we're on the topic of the mysterious black box, just what is it for? Chances are that it's a key but for what is the question. We have no leads or info about it other than the fact that it was in Nancy's possesion before her death; similar to how Isha said we gave off an odd feeling which was probably because of the one who appears to be sealed within the protagonist, no leads at the time but now we could make logical assumptions.

Btw, this has nothing to do the thread but I hope I don't get anymore warning points since I had to wait 4 months for the previous one to expire. Like Florin said "Patience is a virtue". sigh

• Thanks 1

What if it is like the Rainbow Stoneship? But, instead to Zone Zero or that Black Shard Tower.........

• Upvote 1

i think once progress gets to around 80% ill probably start my traditional pre update new playthru which essentially lets me catch some extra mons i didnt have from prior runs that i may want for the future tho the odds are always unlikely giving what i alrdy got at my disposal but u never can tell 🙂

24 minutes ago, Hakimblue99 said:

Err...sorry for sounding dumb but where exactly is this tower in v11? Because I can't recall finding this tower. Either that or I haven't explored enough...

I'm pretty sure it's that tower on the outskirts of Goldenleaf Town but redone. You know, where you do that sidequest with Narcissa? I could be wrong though. It looks a lot different.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Youmu9 said:

I'm pretty sure it's that tower on the outskirts of Goldenleaf Town but redone. You know, where you do that sidequest with Narcissa? I could be wrong though. It looks a lot different.

Well we're 100% positive it's near Goldenleaf town due to the golden trees, it's either the place where the narcissa sidequest takes place or it's near wispy ruins. That screenshot brings back vivid memories of how awesome the aesthetics of Titania's gym were the first time I played ep17.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jan said:

It has been brought to my attention that it's been a Hot Minute(tm) since I've shown anything new.

Lemme fix that!

Some say, that in v12, the Odd Tower, is Oddly Gone.... kind of.

Hide contents

JqNZHrq.png

PjeYJxb.png

Odd Tower serves the same purpose, but is more "relevant" to the overall story. The old tower was more relevant for Old Rejuv's plot, which doesn't line up anymore, so... Yeah!

Those who have opened all 9 doors in the Wispy Ruins may find a new path opened to them in this mysterious tower. 

What treasure may sleep inside? I'm sure some of you might have an idea...

Reveal hidden contents

fQxUDRz.png

v12 is over halfway done as of writing this, but the last segments may take the longest. Thanks for being patient :]

Oof odd tower looks like the fairy tale tower (Titania’s gym) except spookier and more haunted 😨😱

This is a personal request but any chance someone has the title screen music of rejuvenation back in version 5, it's the same theme played in Marianette's gym back then. Unfortunately, I can't get a hold of that theme so I'd appreciate it if someone posted it so I can download it.

9 hours ago, Xavier575 said:

Wait, was the story changed after version 10? So that whole ghostly guy speaking to us WASN'T out of nowhere? Because during version 11, I felt like I was missing a few pieces of information

Are you talking about the ghost in the Odd Tower? Because I'm pretty sure there's a whole sidequests plot around him