Help, new to EVs/IVs thing

LolisRcomfy

I know that EVs and IVs make Pokemon have better stats then a wild  Pokemon, even if a wild and trained one are the same level. How do I get the higher stats? At the moment, I found a chart that says what Pokemon gives what EV when we beat them. Is there a way to make all the IVs of a Pokemon be 31?

3 minutes ago, LolisRcomfy said:

I know that EVs and IVs make Pokemon have better stats then a wild  Pokemon, even if a wild and trained one are the same level. How do I get the higher stats? At the moment, I found a chart that says what Pokemon gives what EV when we beat them. Is there a way to make all the IVs of a Pokemon be 31?

There's a slim (I would say, 0.00005%?) chance to catch a pokemon with perfect Ivvs. It all comes about luck. The shorcut to get a pokemon with perfect Ivvs would be by breeding, where a pokemon can inherit its father/mother Ivs into itself.

HOWEVER, Pokemon Reborn has a mod named EVOverflow, which consist if a pokemon that is fully Ev trained would exceed its Ev, you get the option that the pokemon coudl improve it Stat (wherever those evvs are) Example, 252 Evs in Atk (22 Ivs) If it would exceed such evs, it Ivvs will raise to 23 by reseting such evs. ¿Did I explain myself? :s

28 minutes ago, Destrakon said:

There's a slim (I would say, 0.00005%?) chance to catch a pokemon with perfect Ivvs. It all comes about luck. The shorcut to get a pokemon with perfect Ivvs would be by breeding, where a pokemon can inherit its father/mother Ivs into itself.

HOWEVER, Pokemon Reborn has a mod named EVOverflow, which consist if a pokemon that is fully Ev trained would exceed its Ev, you get the option that the pokemon coudl improve it Stat (wherever those evvs are) Example, 252 Evs in Atk (22 Ivs) If it would exceed such evs, it Ivvs will raise to 23 by reseting such evs. ¿Did I explain myself? :s

Yes I did. So it’s easier for me to just breed to get IVs then.

What about EVs though? If I catch a Pokémon, how do I get it’s EVs to 252? Are there many different ways to do that?

Edited by LolisRcomfy

Just now, LolisRcomfy said:

Yes I did. So it’s easier for me to just breed to get IVs then.

What about EVs though? If I catch a Pokémon, how do I get it’s EVs to 252? Are there many different ways to do that?

EVs (Effort Values). A pokemon gain Evs according to the pokemon you defeated (Be it wild or from a trainer). Which means can only be obtained by battle and by Vitamins (Protein, Zinc, Carbos, Calcium, Iron and HP Up, but these ones are limited use on a pokemon) Also, if EXP.Share is activated,, only the pokemon battling will get the Evs. Evs range from 1 to 3, in different stats, and every pokemon has a given Evs reward (Example: Beautifly rewards with 3 Sp. Atk Evs, while Dustox rewards 3 Sp. Def Ev)

1 hour ago, Destrakon said:

EVs (Effort Values). A pokemon gain Evs according to the pokemon you defeated (Be it wild or from a trainer). Which means can only be obtained by battle and by Vitamins (Protein, Zinc, Carbos, Calcium, Iron and HP Up, but these ones are limited use on a pokemon) Also, if EXP.Share is activated,, only the pokemon battling will get the Evs. Evs range from 1 to 3, in different stats, and every pokemon has a given Evs reward (Example: Beautifly rewards with 3 Sp. Atk Evs, while Dustox rewards 3 Sp. Def Ev)

Ok. Thanks. So I just recently found within the past hour out about the EV-boosting items and I've beat some Pokemon that give attack EVs with my TalonFlame  using a Power Brace item , but the attack  EV isn't going up even though I defeat the ones that give attack EV. Did I do something incorrect?

A Pokemon can only have 510 EVs at any given time. Using EV reducing berries or EV reset discs is the best way to allocate the stats better. You would also need to fight a mon that gives said EV points. IVs can't be changed but it's not the end of the world if something has bad IVs or nature.

Now what I would focus on more is the moveset and hold items. Good stats help, but without a good toolkit it is completely worthless.