Team roster opinions (currently on Kiki)

Lordemort

Hi, after playing this game like 3 years ago I decided to give it a go once again some 2 months ago. Now, I'm currently at Kiki and I'm under the philosophy of using a plethora of pokemon; something I hadn't done previously. My starter was Snivy and therefore Serperior is the only pokemon I'm aiming to never replace.

Here is my current team, while climbing Pyrous Mountain:

Serperior - Lvl 41

Grass Pledge

Leech Seed

Mega Drain

Growth

Cofagrigus - Lvl 39

Hex

Will-o-Wisp

Curse

Shadow Ball

Mewostic (F) - Lvl 39

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Charge Beam

Light Screen

Crawdaunt - Lvl 38

Razor Shell

Night Slash

Knock Off

Rock Smash

Donphan - Lvl 42

Magnitude

Rollout

Rock Smash

Slam

Drapion - Lvl 42

Night Slash

Venoshock

Toxic Spikes

Hone Claws

And in the box the pokemon that are around lvl 36 - 42 are: Jynx, Weezing, Camerupt, Mawile, Klang, Ninetales, Piloswine, Noibat, Golem, Granbull, Bearctic, Pangoro

The only notable natures are Adamant on Crawdaunt and Modest on Camerupt

If you haven't yet fought Kiki, I think you should exchange your dark types for maybe granbull and something else not weak to fighting or psychic moves.

Also Klinklang is super useful in Reborn due to many of the Team Meteor fights taking place in factory field so don't underestimate it 😛

Drapion and Serperior are almost always on my team too, and it seems like a pretty balanced team overall. You can also get a meditite in the academy -but only as long as you still haven't battled Kiki- (maybe replace Meowstic with it, or at least for your battle with Kiki have them both), you might want to use it.
Also since you already have a Cofagrigus with, make sure you get and it holds focus sash before you reach the top of pyrous mt and fight the Garchomp, and have lots of revives.

I've actually seen a Cofagrigus with maximum defense EVs (which you can get from the rock smash Maccargo in mt. Pyrous) tank the first hit from Garchomp, as long as it isn't one of the STABs. That said, I wouldn't totally bet on it.

Also helpful for that fight: a flying and fairy teammate eg Mawile/Granbull and Weezing, because GC tends to go for STABs and if its target is immune to one, it will likely use the other. Therefore, you can keep switching and likely stall out several turns of curse this way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

I've actually seen a Cofagrigus with maximum defense EVs (which you can get from the rock smash Maccargo in mt. Pyrous) tank the first hit from Garchomp, as long as it isn't one of the STABs. That said, I wouldn't totally bet on it.

Also helpful for that fight: a flying and fairy teammate eg Mawile/Granbull and Weezing, because GC tends to go for STABs and if its target is immune to one, it will likely use the other. Therefore, you can keep switching and likely stall out several turns of curse this way.

With my mono dark run I used this technique with my honchkrow and Incineroar. I intimidated him to -6 this way so that my alolan Muk could live EQ of it so that i could toxic it. Then did the same again, switch back and forth and with the help of fake out on incineroar the toxic did his job.

• Upvote 2