Sign in to follow this  
Lorisaur

Metroid prime 4 thoughts

Well, the title tells everything. I'm personally happy to see retro studios joining the party, and while it is not the same retro as metroid prime trilogy it grants that much effort will be given to create one of the best games for nintendo switch. Metroid needs much, or will die soon and Nintendo's trial to revitalize the franchise will become useless.

perhaps the prime sub franchise is in some hot water, but if Samus Returns is anything to go by, the regular 2d Metroid is here to stay. as for prime 4... I haven't played the prime trilogy (I'll do that at some point), but I'm kinda glad Nintendo is honest about the delay. as we all know: a delayed game will eventually be good while a rushed game will forever be bad

Can't say I'm upset at all, I didn't even know the game was in the works until they announced they were scrapping it and starting from scratch. 😅

I’m so much happier that it’s back with retro.  American made games and Japanese made games feel so much different.

I couldn't care less about the Metroid series, but damn did I feel bad for the Metroid fans out there after watching that video. As someone who understands the pain of waiting for a series to get more recognition *cough* Advance Wars *cough* to have an announcement like that must feel terrible.

It’s actually good news though...

On 2/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, G'doots said:

It’s actually good news though...

Oh, being with the original team is good news to the fans I'm sure, I'm just saying they've been waiting so long and have to wait who knows how much longer. Although, I'm not the kind of person who likes waiting years and years for something so maybe I'm projecting myself a bit too much. 😛