Pokémon Abstract ‘Faraway Myth’ [Interest Check]

Ayumu

RQ7xYkn.png

~ Pokémon Abstract ‘Faraway Myth’ ~ [Interest Check]

Hey everyone, I've decided to open up a new roleplaying topic that's similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, where your roleplaying chars are Pokemon. Well, I had one run of the Pokemon RP back then, which was called 'Pokemon Catharsis', but sadly I couldn't complete it because I had to struggle with health related issues. Now that I'm better and healthy, I'm motivated to opening a new roleplaying topic where it's similar to the universe of Catharsis, but it's a non-official RP where it's mainly for side character interactions and character development rather than a plot-centered story. So there's no particular need for posting to always advance the story in this one, other than the fact that I'll set the playground and settings for us if this roleplaying idea is popular in interest check.

The new region this roleplaying topic takes place in is called 'Abstract' and I'll release the story once I see that it gets enough attention from Reborn community. If there's not much of anyone that's interested, then I might as well not start it. It's not really a plot-driven story because I want to hone my roleplaying GM abilities and give everyone good experience. I made a lot of mistakes in my old RP of Catharsis, but in this one I'm making it better and allowing everyone the chance to make changes and new ideas to the story. It'll be a great practice, because I've been theory-crafting a lot about Abstract region and it's possibly a lot better than Catharsis. Also, you probably won't have to worry about the pacing of this topic either.

So, who's up for the roleplaying topic? I'm excited to share you guys a lot what Abstract can offer, but mostly, I'd love to see new connections being made in-character and out-of-character. 

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/BrfbTnD

~~~ Here's my character for the story, Ayumu the Angel of Yveltal ~~~

Spoiler

Name: Ayumu
Pokémon: Meowstic

Type: Psychic
Ability: Keen Eye
Personality: Dainty, charming, delicate, wonderful, bittersweet, femininely charismatic.
Moveset: Assist, Raspberry Heaven*
Font Color: Raspberry
Theme: “Raspberry Heaven” from Azumanga Daioh
Spirituality: Faith of Yveltal
Story: TBA

Details: TBA

~~~ Here's the outline of the character bios ~~~

Name: 
Pokémon: (You can have Alters/Deltas/Alolan types too.)
Type: (Holy-type is possible, if you're an Alter.)
Ability: 
Personality: 
Moveset: (Can have up to ten moves.)
Font Color: 
Theme: 
Spirituality: (Make up your own.)
Story: 

Details: 

~~~ Interested Roleplayers ~~~

Ayumu the Meowstic-♀ (Spi)

Danté the Lopunny (PhoenixKnight545)

Sergei the Beartic (Filthy Casual)

• Like 1

Hello, I am interested in your role playing topic so I took the time to make a profile right here. I feel excited from this role playing topic!

Name: Dante

Pokémon: Lopunny

Type: Normal

Ability: Limber

Personality: Relaxed, Confidant, Quiet, Bold, Daring

Moveset: Dizzy Punch, Grass Knot, Agility, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, Protect, Drain Punch, Rolling Kick* (Potential unlocked via trained by Lawrence)

Font Color: Light Blue

Theme: "The Dream Will Never Die" From Tales of Phantasia

Spirituality: Unconfirmed, but admits to saying he hate religion completely, but respects the religion of Yveltal and an unknown party.

Story: Dante was once belonged into a Pokémon family. His mother was a Lopunny while his Father was a Pangoro. However Dante never exactly had happy life, his parents wanted to have a daughter of their own, but instead they got a boy, a male Buneary. Dante was verbally and emotionally abused by his family and peers due to being born as a male and many have confused him as a female and having judgmental Pokemon around him believing that a male Buneary did not exist in their mindsets. Dante however did grew up knowing heroes did exist and his biological Father and Mother was not a horrible person just judgmental.

He had remembered that his biological Father was the village's hero during the harsh winter storms and had saved Pokémon from floods during rainy seasons. His mother was a farmer and an expert at it and was responsible for the village having a food resource for everyone in the village. One day, Dante had enough of the verbal and emotional abuse from the other peers and he had ran away from home during the cold harsh winter till he was picked up on the road by a Male Machamp named Lawrence. Lawrence then raised Dante to the best of his ability and became a role model to Dante. 

When Dante ran away from home, he did not know the changes he had caused when he left the village, One day a male Gardevior that was in the village at the time when Dante ran away from home and scolded everyone in the village that they should have been ashamed of themselves of what they had done. He had told them you cannot control what gender a Pokémon will be born to and there was no reason for them to make a big deal over Dante being a male Buneary that it could exist when he himself a Male Gardevoir can exist among them. 

The change caused all the Pokémon in that Village to realize what they have become and done and were ashamed of themselves for the emotionally damage they caused to a child that did nothing wrong to deserve that hatred. Dante's parents took it the worse because they never realized what they had done and they should not have been so critically judgmental over a gender of their child. Ashamed of their actions they had tried to have another child of their own. This time a female Buneary was born and they had named her Claire.

Details:

*Dante doesn't like to be mistaken to be a girl due to no gender difference between Buneary and Lopunny's which is the only social stigma he has over himself. This either leaves him either annoyed and makes him feel very bitter and unhappy about himself. This makes him despise sexual harassment and Pokemon that only see him and other Pokémon as sex objects. This allows what makes Dante aware what particular feminine Pokémon can usually go through in a daily basis if in a dangerous environment.

*Dante was taught a few moves from Lawrence and has trained him well enough to be able to stand on his own feet, Due to this Dante walks much different to other existing Lopunnies and Bunearies and knows a move they cannot normally use.

*Dante is currently Single, but isn't interested in a relationship as of yet, however he has little experience of it due to a few and other bad experiences.

Let's give it a shot.

Name: Sergei
Pokémon: Beartic

Type: Ice
Ability: Slush Rush

Personality: Timid, Reclusive, Quiet
Moveset: Icicle Crash, Superpower, Aqua Jet, Slash
Font Color: White

Theme: This
Spirituality: Inuit influence
Story: Sergei grew up north with a tribe of Beartic. The Pokemon of that region keep to themselves, preferring the cold weather. However, over the ocean, one can see the warm shores of Abstract. This captivated Sergei, who wanted to explore the sunny regions. The elders of the tribe didn't appreciate that, however, shunning him at a young age. This had a major impact on the Cubchoo, turning him into a reclusive bear.

Despite this isolation, Sergei continued to push himself, training under harsh conditions. Eventually, he evolved into Beartic, abandoning the tribe that shunned him. He made the long trip across the ocean towards the sunnier beaches of Abstract, expecting a warm (pun intended) welcome. However, upon arrival, the Pokemon of that area shunned him, as well, never seeing an ice type up close before. Now, Sergei wanders Abstract alone, looking for any source of companionship.

Details: Because he spent many days alone, Sergei doesn't know how to talk to... well, anyone. He often stays silent, preferring to listen rather than speak up. Because of this, Sergei has a hard time communicating with anyone. While preferring to avoid violence, he's also easily provoked.

@phoenixknight545

Okay, thanks. You're approved. I'll add you to the list of roleplayers as part of this project.

@Filthy Casual

Your profile's pretty good. Approved. I'll add you to the list too. Thanks! Join the Discord channel here: https://discord.gg/BrfbTnD

Now in case we get more members, I'll write a premise for the story here.

Setting: Ayumu’s Church of Yveltal Faith (In Capital City of Abstract)

Introduction: After the establishment of Ayumu’s church with a newly built religion based on Yveltal, she has the title of being the ‘Angel’ of Yveltal, letting out her messages that she wants to spread Yveltal’s message of harbinging and omens. The tragedies of the future is spoken a lot in Ayumu’s church, but with the attitude and grace that comes with it--Ayumu herself wants to create miracles. In the church of Yveltal, a number of motivated, unique individuals were invited to partake in living in the dorms of Yveltal’s church. Ayumu, with the main characters of the story, have all come together to learn and teach one another about themselves. Even though not all of them have the faith of Yveltal, Ayumu wants to prove herself. So as Ayumu gives out her sermon of an incoming tragedy, Yveltal’s church has to face the conviction of those who don’t believe in the unorthodox faith of Yveltal. Most in the capital city believes that church is an evil and sinful work. Ayumu, however, expects that she could perform miracles in other mon’s lives. With her team of friends--they do work of miracles and help better themselves where the future of Abstract becomes acknowledged.

Does this setting sounds good enough? I'm open for questions and comments.

And, I finished Ayumu's profile:

8pPEdUN.png

Spoiler

Name: Ayumu
Pokémon: Meowstic

Type: Psychic
Ability: Keen Eye
Personality: Dainty, charming, delicate, wonderful, bittersweet, femininely charismatic.
Moveset: Assist, Oblivion Wing*
Font Color: Vermilion
Theme: “Red Stars” by The Birthday Massacre
Spirituality: Faith of Yveltal
Story:

When Ayumu was young, she was born in a family that didn’t had a religious affiliation with any Legendaries or Mythicals. She was the young child of two daughters, her dad being a Smeargle named ‘Kenshin’. As an Espurr, she had a different name that wasn’t originally Ayumu. But as she enrolled in ‘Little Cup Elementary’, she created a girl’s club that studied the theology of Abstract’s region. Then her theology research club found out that the Legendaries and Mythicals most mons praised weren’t exactly what they seem to be. They informed everyone in school, but what resulted was that the teachers kicked Ayumu and her friends out. The staff of the school thought Ayumu’s club was the work of something evil.

By that time later on, Ayumu was separated from her close friends and her family had trouble supporting her. She evolved, and named herself ‘Ayumu’ as her Meowstic’s future. She was bitter inside, knowing that people did not trust her resolve in her deep and elaborate studies. So one day, Ayumu was actually contacted by a Legendary in her dream--Yveltal. Yveltal gave her a life mission because she (Yveltal) saw how Ayumu’s future was all about the miracles and tragedies that unfold in her resolve. She chose Yveltal, and Yveltal chose her. Ayumu became the first ‘messenger’ of Yveltal in all of Abstract. Their mission? Confront future tragedies in the making and replace it with miracles. Yveltal warned Ayumu that her first tragedy will do something with her parents.

Word got out of her new faith in Yveltal, people knew and looked at Ayumu with hatred and shame. And her mom shamed Ayumu for her new religion of Yveltal, thinking that it’s crazy and toxic. Her mom did not trust Ayumu, even though Ayumu has told her many times that Yveltal isn’t what she thinks it is. However, her dad Kenshin and her older sister supported and watched out for Ayumu. It was until then her mom had enough and decided to leave Ayumu’s family. After a while, Ayumu’s best friend Chai was helping Ayumu establish her own church, dedicated to spreading the harbinging of Yveltal. She talked with Kenshin about it since they were about to part ways as she lives her new life with church. So, she was sad how Kenshin always forgiven her mother and still hanged in there to support his youngest daughter. 

Kenshin, her father, was ready to travel to see the world and he wanted to talk with Ayumu one more time. She was at a graveyard with Kenshin as they talk about their distant futures after Ayumu’s mother left their family. Kenshin, saying as truthfully he could, he wanted Ayumu to be safe on her chosen lifestyle. He made a statement that he’ll return one day to help Ayumu. And he knew Ayumu had a future ahead of her with church. Kenshin couldn’t help but to tell Ayumu that he was so proud of her, and Ayumu started crying.

Ayumu had a future ahead of her. With Yveltal’s close watch on Ayumu’s path and dream, the frontiers they face in the future is to challenge the upcoming tragedies that will unfold in Abstract’s fate. After some time with the establishment, she gathered a group of unique Pokémon individuals who have their own beliefs, history, skills, and personality, all have their own dorm in church. The starting of a future where Ayumu’s church would perceive the future of tragedies and bring forth… miracles.

Details:

# Ayumu has a title that she refers to, she is known as ‘Yveltal’s Angel’ or ‘Yveltal’s Messenger’. Others may address her as ‘angel’ or ‘my angel’.
# Ayumu’s school club of friends were Suzuran the Dweeble, Sariel the Kanga Jr., Mato the Clauncher, and Kogasa the Brionne.
# She’s Modest nature, given apparent to her association with daintiness and charm.
# She doesn’t match other Meowstic-Females, since most Meowstic-Females are rich secretaries who invest a lot of money in their job. Ayumu is a unique Meowstic-Female because she doesn’t have a lot of money.

# ‘Oblivion Wing’ is the move that her faith Yveltal has given her secretly, with the purpose of destroying tragedies and make sacrifices for the idea of changing lives with creating her own miracles. It's a crafty move that can allow her to fly.