A query on the Venam secret

BanananaK

So it is fairly well known at this point that there is a secret color combination in the final section of Venam's gym to get some cool stuff. What I'm questioning here is not the code, but the intuitive reason behind the code. The first thing you should learn (although it was actually not for me) is that brown is the first color, as a person in the front of her gym says it. However, when walking around in the basement of the hotel in Gearen I interacted with one of the shelves and it told me the third color was orange. This made me wonder two things-

1. Is there another thing that you can interact with somewhere that tells you the second color?

2. Why is this here? I can't think of much reason for there being that info in some random shelf in the pool area of Chrisola Hotel. 

I was hoping that someone else might be able to better understand the logic behind this, and possibly even know the second color location. So if anyone knows, it would be really cool to finally understand this better!

14 hours ago, CaiustheMonarch said:

There's a dumpster near the library that says another color if I'm not mistaken; think it says white. I suppose it's there to encourage exploration.

Huh, interesting! A bit strange for sure because it isn't exactly the most intuitive to have to run around everywhere and interact with everything even though they usually contain nothing of interest, but still cool. (For the record, I can confirm that it should say white as that is the second color)