A Haunting in Reborn - Ghost Monotype Run (Noel Complete)

SadMoney

Chapter 6: Empty Victories

I head over to the railnet to figure out what happened to the crew. They all got kidnapped except for Cain, who destroyed the railnet, so I will need strength to get past this obstacle. Victoria says that the strength badge can be obtained in Apophyl Beach, where the 5th gym leader Kiki is. Too bad I cant cross the poison lake to get there. In the mean time, I get some new members to the team. Cofigrigas (King Tut) and Duskull (Skullex). I decide to breed toxic spikes on to Cofagrigas and immediately put him on the main team.

I meet Amaria (the water gym leader), who says I can take her boat if I help her defeat Team Meteor at the factory. We charge in and start kicking butt. Turns out a pulse muk has been intentionally poisoning the water. Time to take on ZEL and Pulse Muk.

The team bodies ZEL pretty easily. The pulse Muk cant touch Wonderbread, so I take the easy win.

Amaria gives us the boat, so I head over to Appophyll Beach. I meet Kiki and Victoria there. In order to face Kiki, I must pass a test by defeating Cal atop Pyrous Mountain. Before I head over there, I catch a brand new member Sandyghast. This guy is another tank I can add to the rotation. Then I head on over to Pyrous Mountain to show Cal who the future champion of Reborn is.

The plan here is to set up toxic spikes to give all the Hex users a boost. Then to sweep with a boosting Dead Zeplin (Drifblim). Holy crap, it works far better than expected. Dead Zeplin is a total monster. Time to head back down to the beach to face Kiki.

Kiki falls very ill. Victoria wants to face me before Kiki, so its battle time again. 

Victoria gets countered by ghost types. (well she is a fighting type trainer). The Torrecat gives me some problems, but Alphonz takes care of him with some Dynamic Punch action.

All right. time for the main event. Time to get the 5th badge. Heres the team going in featuring the new recruits:  

Spoiler

42742048_28-Owlitgym5.PNG.8486bb96f63893966eb95e1b62d0f98d.PNG

29.PNG.55a17cf7cbfa79177ba122aec6744690.PNG

30.PNG.ead22dd408265b0fb46754691017e2b7.PNG

31.PNG.56eb2a500276060b51f718a6cb892954.PNG

32.PNG.e3b952efe3abbd66edfb745762ea15d7.PNG

33.PNG.5bdda94025d9c480c778ef9fd09cfc70.PNG

Heres the battle:

I try sweeping with Meditate on Owlit. But Hitmonlee outspeeds and puts an end to that. Back to my cheap strats. Set up toxic spikes and sweep with Dead Zeplin. This strat is getting surprisingly effective. 

Good win, but Kiki falls ill before she can give me the badge... not again...

Tune in next time, to see if I can get some dam badges. Peoples lives are at stake here. 

• 1 month later...

Chapter 7: Wastelands and Wastemans

Hey guys, I back. Sorry for the long wait since episodes, I moved cities recently and was super busy.

But lets pick up where we left off. I just beat Kiki, but she has fallen very ill and unable to give us the badge. Also, Cain is missing, so I go to look for him on Azurine Island. This place is a dam marsh and I keep falling for every Foongus trap. Finally I find Team Meteor, who have captured Cain. Time to beat Taka's ass and get back Cain

OK, we find out Team Meteor is planning to blow up Apophyll Beach with a Pulse Camerupt. So Cain and I rush back to Apophyll to stop them. Team Meteor is in Pyrous Mountain, so Victoria and I team up to smash our way to the top. Team Meteor admin, Solaris, is at the top and confronts us with a lvl 75 GARCHOMP. I would have uploaded the battle but it was too short. I had a plan going in, to burn the Garchomp and take it down with Curse, but my first mon, Annabelle beat him on like the 5th reset. Garchomp misses with a fire fang for some reason, and Anabelle gets him down with a destiny bond. I love these ghosts man.

123406051_34garchompkill.PNG.fe8122ee01599d085d5aefa1545e4030.PNG

With Solaris defeated, we find out Cal was a part of Team Meteor. His Betrayal leads to Kikis death at the hands of the Garchomp we just defeated (dont ask how any of this makes sense). But anyways, Cal sabotages the mission and the Pulse Camerupt fails. Team Meteor takes off.

Unfortunately, there is no time to mourn Kiki's death. Cain and I head off to the Wasteland. Before I can enter, Cain decides to battle. Here we go...

During the battle, its raining and Bloody Mary makes short work of Cains main Pokes. 

Time to enter the Wasteland and get that dam next badge. I pick up some new squad members, not sure if I will use them all. Spiritomb is a nice pickup, and also a cubone which I evolve into Alolan Marowak. 

I reach the gym to face Aya, but of course, Fern beat us to it. We have to whoop him first. Fern is pretty at this point in the game. No match for the squad

Time to face Aya. The lineup is A.Marowak, Alphonz, Dead Zeplin, King Tut, Bloody Mary and Owlit.

The plan was to smash her pokemon with ground moves from Alphonz and AMarowak. That goes south quickly. Basically a fiesta from here, with no real strategy. Unfortunately I dont really have an answer to her Drapion with Knockoff. Luckily King Tut's Bulk stalls out the match for a win. Bless the Lord for Will-o-Wisp.

Finally we have the 5th badge. See yall next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 8: Shattered Dreams

With the strength badge active, we can finally go save the kids from the orphanage that got captured by Dr. Sigmund and Team Meteor (remember those kids??). But before that, I have a little adventure to capture the next member of our team (Misdreavus).

I go down to the underground railnet in Reborn and meet up with Cain. Using strength we make our way into the old Yureyu building where Team Meteor is hanging and where the orphanage kids are being held. As per usual we bust in and start busting up the goons. We rescue Anna, Noel, Charlotte, Shelly and Heather. Then Cain and I take on Dr. Sigmund

Dr. Sigmund uses a lot of psychic mons and decides to exclusively attack Cain at first. Owlit takes out some mons out easy with stab, super-effective Spirit Shackle. Electivire brings down Owlit. The rest is cleaned out by Alphonz and crew. Not very interesting match, since it was 12 vs 6. 

After beating the Doctor, we take the whole crew into the railnet. I find a Dusk stone to evolve my Misdreavus. This thing is going to be awesome.

634112647_36-msmagius.PNG.15aebaaf33f338d40a9f90047304e20b.PNG

After clearing the Railnet, we arrive in Chrysolia Forest clearing with Mountains to the north and forest to the east. Charlotte takes us through Tanzan Mountain into the cove where her house is. We establish a base of operations there. Anna becomes sick, I head toward Spinel town to grab some medicine. Crossing Chrysolia Forest to get to Spinel Town is a pain (this Labarynth makes no sense). Spinel Town itself is a shit show. Things teleporting outta nowhere. The pokemart transports itself on top of a gym. Might as well get a badge before I leave.

I meet Serra, the 6th gym leader (ice type). Before I can face her, I got to face her son, Bennet. 

Mismagius sets up nasty plot and makes short work of Bennets team. Luckily I got Power Gem on this thing. 

Now on to Serra. Team Preview is on my second attempt at Serra in the video.

Game plan here is to break the field and kill her with hazards. I first send out Alphonz, who uses magnitude to destroy the mirror arena and take glaceon to red health. King tut comes in to toxic spikes and also dies. Mismagius finishes off glaceon.  I send out Lord of Bones (marowak), who smashes past A.Sandslash and Jynx. Mismagius then sets up nasty plots on Ninetales and 1 shots her. Somehow Froslass outspeeds and kills Mismagius and starts massacring my team. Somehow Lord of Bones comes in and destroys the rest of her team. I think they made the AI stupid in this one? Serra could easily have swept with Froslass.

Whatever we got the 6th badge. On to the next.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 9: Meteor Mash

Hey guys Im back with a new episode. Sorry for the infrequent uploads. Here we go. Lets pick up where we left off.

After defeating Serra, we see Bennet leave with El, being promised an Elite 4 position if he cooperates... Sketch af

Anyways, I grab the medicine for Anna and head back to the hideout. Anna gets healed up, and its time to get our 7th badge from Noel... Too bad. We get ambushed by Team Meteor and they mean business. They sent their big dawgs so we set up a defense around the hideout. Lucky me, I get to take on Sirius

After defeating Sirius, we find out that Noel and Anna have been kidnapped. Time to head in, with Saphira, to Tanzan Mountain, where Team Meteor base is, and rescue them. Holy, that was a marathon. We go through the base puzzles and fight upwards of 40 grunts and finally reach ZEL. Turns out the wackiness in Spinel Town was caused by a Pulse Abra. Before we can fight him, we get teleported by Abra to underground of Tanzan Mountains. 

Turns out there is a giant Steelix here. I gotta take this thing down.

After defeating Steelix, Saphira somehow tames it, and we head back to eliminate Team Meteor. We take on the Pulse Abra

283049605_38-vsabra-min.PNG.ddb27c0599f22035763dde2a28178a94.PNG

Easy fight, after disabling the Dark pulse, Abra cant touch my team, and Lord of Bones makes easy work of him. Lin from Team Meteor, who looks to be the big boss. Things look bad, But Saphira comes in clutch with the massive Steelix and fights Lin. During the chaos, we escape. But Saphiras Steelix goes down and we have no idea where she is.

I get back to the hideout and its time for the 7th badge against Noel. 

And here we go

The game plan here is to systematically take down everything until Bewear, and then set up on Bewear with Mismagius. I have to kill Clefable in 1 shot, or that thing will set up and become unkillable. Well it went well, and Mismagius lived by a sliver. Luckily the terrain helped me out.

On to the next episode. Hopefully soon.