Pokemon Unbreakable

AquaMacaw

Pokemon Unbreakable

Intro:  

Hello, my name is AquaMacaw but you can call me A.M. for short. I've been a longtime admirer of anyone who creates, especially when it involves a story with it's own world to accompany it. And after finding this community, that is already so accepting of people's creative projects.

I feel comfortable enough to finally tell a story that will at the very least give you a sense of adventure.

STORY:

Come one, come all to the Ironava Region, after our thirteen failed attempts to reinstate the Pokemon League, people began to claim that the Ironava Pokemon League
was cursed, for some reason. However, this year has been an unexpected success! Now trainers are encouraged to to battle the eighteen Gyms spread across our beautiful region and
the very best one out of all those trainers will become a legend, by becoming the first Ironava Champion in nearly a century (ninety-seven years to be exact)!
... Huh have none of you heard the stories? C'mon this is basic history here. Well... Ironava used to be a Region filled to the brim with legendary Pokemon and the
people were connected to them in a very unique way. Not like spiritually or anything, but some would hang out in cities or help with transportation. In a few documented
cases, some would even do more powerful favors if you proved yourself. Anyway that's not the important part, exactly ninety-seven years ago a group called Team Aspire
seized control of the Region... to do something. They weren't trying to destroy the world or create a new one, so I don't know what the problem was. Despite that, seven
strong and supposedly noble Pokemon Masters rallied all the legendary Pokemon and launched an attack on Team Aspire's various bases, the ensuing battle has since been referred to as the Grand Calamity! Named so... because the people who witnessed it, that are still alive today, insist that it was quite the spectacle. Mountains blew up and were restored 
within minutes, meteorites rained down and destroyed cities, only be repaired instantly from the immense psychic energy of the people who were living there, seas became lava,
the sky became ice ectera, ectera... My Granddad told me about how he watched a rip in space merge with a giant ball of floating electricity and become a plasma covered black hole!
I think I have some pictures around here somewhere... ahh, never mind. So anyway after the dust cleared Ironava looked entirely different, parts were broken off,
a chasm cut into the the center of it, whole sections buried by debris, but more importantly the seven masters, every single legendary Pokemon and the top brass of Team Aspire
had vanished without a trace. Ever since the Grand Calamity, Ironava has dealt with countless conveniently timed catastrophes and disasters, now it's just considered another
part of everyday life. The Pokemon and people of Ironava tend to look at the glass as being completely full (half-filled with water, the other half air). It's because of these convenient
setbacks that the Pokemon League has evaded Ironava for so long, but not anymore. The League returning is, i'm sure, a sign of things getting better for Ironava. Perhaps whoever 
becomes the Champion can set things right in this region. Oh! No pressure or anything, the people of Ironava may not look it, but we can be rather resourceful when pushed to
and adapt very quickly when need be. And honestly whatever you accomplish probably won't matter in the long run, at least to the majority of people. I think you're best option is to 
keep your head down, battle through every gym and aim to become the champion. Besides we've heard nearly every other region does it, so there must be something
vitally important about it...

Main Character:

Last time I checked you grew up on Olivetree island your entire life, living with your grandparents in Reto Village. You probably have a backstory but will it matter in the end? What matters is the journey you'll go on, the wonders you'll experience and the people's lives you'll change.

Features:

• All 807 Pokemon and 18 Gyms blah blah blah...
  • First trainer to defeat all 18 Gyms will become the Champion of the region and personally decide how many Elite trainers become standard.
  • 2 Regions in 1 more on this later...
  • Pokemon Contests with its own story to accompany it.
  • More TM's and Items that can replace HM's.
  • One all-purpose Rival.
  • A Snack Point (SP) System that buy a pokemon raffle and lead to hidden sidequests.
  • A well-thought out and lighthearted story that prioritizes discovery and adventure.
  • Music by HappyDragonite, Lala19357 AKA "The Zephyr" and other talented composers/remixers.
  • Mega Evolutions, Z moves, field effects, and quick save are planned.
  • Open ended Side-quests which will encourage thinking outside the box for multiple ways to complete them.
  •  A small main cast that effects things in different ways depending on how you interact with them.
  • Multiple Outfits
  • Choices that effect the story, and fewer (but just as important) choices that effect character relationships.
  • A Silent Protagonist with a personality.
  • A focus on comedy, character and spectacle!

A DEMO can be found here:  

Help:

As of right now the most important thing I need is help with is Spriting. If you are confident in your ability 

to do pixel art, I would LOVE your help.

Edited by AquaMacaw
  • Like 1

Just now, SilverHelio said:

Yay, I'm first. 😄 

This game sounds really promising!

Will there be a speed up feature to this game? (Please)

I didn't even think about that, but yeah i'd be totally up for putting in a speed up feature for grinding and stuff. There's still a lot of things I need to learn regarding coding and scripting but when I learn how to I probably will put that feature in.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...