Veras Lexritz

Guys I need your help and opinions

Current Main:

Rosey the Roserade @black sludge

Lonely Nature

31/8/7/31/12/31

EVs: 4 hp, 252 spA, 252 speed

Ability: Poison Point

Giga Drain (huge damage + sustain why not)

Venoshock (until hopefully we get sludge bomb Tm coz breeding one with it is such a pain)

Toxic Spikes (i like opening up battles with rosey because of this)

Stun Spore (just in case i came up against poison types/1 pokemon battle events  like the Dittoceus/Garchomp)

-----------------------------------------------------

Eon the Shiny Umbreon 

Careful Nature

31/31/31/5/31/31

EVs: 252 hp, 252 spD, 4 speed

Ability: Synchronize

Wish

Moonlight (i dont know which to keep - wish or moonlight, and if I should change, which one and to what?)

Curse  (setting up can be a pain, but super satisfying when completed hehe)

Payback (+6 atk, def, -6 speed  with payback just knocks everything out)

Garc the Garchomp @Draco Plate

Jolly Nature

31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Ability: Rough Skin

Shadow Claw 

Outrage 

Dig (until i get EQ, this will have to do)

Crunch

Fro the Greninja

Timid Nature

31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs:  i've only now realised that I havent EV trained this one hahaha (suggestions would be nice for the EV training)

Ability: Protean

Water Shuriken

Smack Down

Water Pulse

Round (as you all can see this guy needs work)

Flato the Talonflame

Adamant Nature

31/28/8/14/31/31

EVs: 252 atk, 4 hp, 252 speed

Ability: Flame Body (I didnt use ability capsule to change it to gale wings since gale wings got nerfed bad)

Acrobatics

Flame Charge ( i didnt change flame charge and acrobatics to brave bird and flare blitz because i thought i will end up switching this guy anyway. Either to another better Talonflame or another poke entirely)

Tailwind

Roost

Meda the Medicham @Wide Lens

Bold Nature

17/31/11/31/14/31 (at first i had thought of replacing meda just like Flato to a better IVd version. But as it is with Pure Power, Its been OHKO'ing alot of poke that its earned a spot on my team even without perfect IV)

EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Ability: Pure Power

High Jump Kick

Recover

Psycho Cut

Hidden Power (steel)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotation: 

Noivern

Timid Nature

31/20/25/31/31/18

EVs: 252 Spa, 252 speed, 4 hp

Ability: Infiltrator

Air Slash

Boomburst (people say boomburst isnt all that great on noivern and its true. But in reborn it has niche uses that when the time comes, u wish u had this move on ur team. example: ice gym battlefield effect)

Dragon Pulse

Tailwind

Porygon lv 2

31/31/30/31/31/31

Ability: Analytic

Stout the Stoutland

Gentle Nature

17/0/9/14/3/3

EVs: 252 hp. 252 atk, 4speed

Ability: Sand Rush

Baby-Doll Eyes (never used it really. a 'just in case' type of move like boomburst)

Crunch

Retaliate (OHKO revenge killer)

Thunder Fange

Flabebe that i have not yet bred properly

Why I put flabebe in this list or future florges if u will is because I've gotten another shiny stone from Item tracker? Finder? that thing that shows u stuff on the ground

And at first i thought, I should make another, better roserade. coz rosey's iv is just eh

But then I looked up on bulbapedia that floette also evolves via shiny stone

So i checked out its moveset, and despite being pure fairy type, it has access to many grass type attacks

Not also forgetting that Florges has higher total base stat at 552, while Roserade only has 505

Ofc Roserade has higher sp attack but not by such a large margin that it justifies going for roserade. (roserade spA 125, florges spA 112)

On the other hand, Florges is a great SpD Wall yes? But that role is already taken up by Umbreon.

And choosing Florges over Roserade means losing Poison Stab for dealing with other Fairy Types

I laid this out just to help u all make ur decisions and opinion 😄

So what do u all think? What does my team lacks? Needs Improvements on or rather change entirely? Thankyou for reading such a long post 🙂 

Edited by Veras Lexritz

Have you completed E18? At least the levels of the mons could help because we don't really know now what you have acces to. But i'll give it a try anyways.

Let's get the obvious stuff out first

- On your Roserade; If you really like stun spore you might as well swap some speed IV's for HP IV's to sustain even longer. I myself am running leech seed over Stun spore on Roserade and considering the speed of your team with greninja and talonflame i don't really think you need stun spore. But if you like it and if it works for you hey why not. By the way, I got the luck that my Roserade is HP Poison, So with Technician boost (60 to 90 Base power) i basically got myself a Sludge Bombing Roserade 😛 .

- I really like your Umbreon set, just wanted to point that out. Awesome idea! 🙂  But keep Wish, It's always nice to be able to heal other members as well and has more PP. You might wanna switch out Moonlight for Return (for fairies and dark types) or with Mean Look. That would be cool as well to keep the mon in where you can set up on. Also give it Leftovers.

- Garchomp, Dark and Ghost moves have the same coverage; Psychic and ghost. I'm running on my Garchomp Outrage, Rock slide, Iron head, Dig. Iron head for Fairies and Rock slide for the flying pokes. Also since you don't have implemented a Z-move yet you might wanna give this guy the Dragonium-Z. He's your best option for a Z-move, or your Greninja.

- My Greninja is currently running: Dark Pulse, Hydro Pump, Extrasensory and Toxic spikes (probably removing that for Ice Beam once available). To give you an idea. But since you have Roserade with T-spike you can run Spikes or Grass knot or something you like on Greninja. Make it Scarfed or Specs. Oh and just 252 in Sp.Attack and Speed ofc.

- The only great thing on Talonflame is Priority flying type attack. It's cool to Priority Z-move or just to revenge kill everything. But yeah it got nerfed so Talonflame went way down on the tier list.

- Fire types are overrated in my opinion. You cover ice and steel types with your medicham and grass and bug can easily be covered by your poison type roserade. On the other hand, a Scizor kinda Recks your team. So a Will-o-Wisp'ing, intimidating Arcanine would do bits for your team instead of Talonflame. Or a bulky Volcarona with flamebody, also gives you set up abilities.

- This is where it gets tricky because i don't know where you are in the game. Because the Medichamite is available in the game. So if you have acces to that you should definitely give it to your medicham. Also give it Zen headbutt, Ice Punch, High Jump Kick and Fake out for some priority and wasting weather, screens, trickroom etc. to stall a bit basically. Also make it Adamant because Bold is just Awfull.

Don't switch out Roserade for Florges, Florges is basically a different Umbreon. The best way to use her is as a cleric with Aromatherapy and Wish. But your Umbreon has Wish.

If you're thinking of switching out Roserade for something else you can just do something completely different and put Grass Knot and Toxic Spikes on your Greninja with Protean. So you got that covered.

You can implement a Togekiss? You have 2 dark types so it's nice for the fighting weakness you lose with roserade, is a fairy type, has high base total stats as well (545), levels up with a shiny stone as well(!), also covers your flying loss in talonflame to arcanine (but if you make it a Volcarona you'll keep that ofc). And the flinching with serene grace air slash is so nice. You can make it bulky or offenisive with nasty plot. But that's your call.

@N1Dude

Thanks for the reply and the umbreon compliment 😄  I know that reading through my long post could be a pain so its very much appreciated.

On a more serious note, in this current run, I'm still at the Chess Gym(?) what is that 8th gym i think. So I don't think I have access to togekiss yet correct me if i'm wrong. But I really like the idea

- Togekiss would be a great addition since I would get a flying type replacing Talonflame and a fairy type to deal with Dragon types. I know that Garchomp can deal with dragon types too, but I think fairy types in general is much more reliable for that particular role. I'll try looking for how to get one later if possible

- Both Arcanine and Volcarona is great replacements I think. Since Arcanine has great stats and volcarona is a great Bug type in general (which I kinda like bug types). I can go either spA or Atk for arcanine or mix even so thats nice. Accessibility wise Arcanine is the one since I already have a growlithe in my pc from the police department

- For Greninja I have a question. Since Choice Items locks the pokemon to a single move + stat boost, wouldn't that defeats the purpose of protean Greninja? This is speaking only about PvE content not PVP since I dont do PVP seriously: Say for example I have my greninja against a pokemon with electric type moves. The AI would choose the electric type move since its super effective right? But since Greninja is faster (most probably), I can use moves like smack down and change my type, so it wont be super effective anymore. I wouldnt have that option if choice'd right?

- Garchomp: the coverage against fairy types with iron head is a great idea. The only doubt I have is, whether a nonstab Iron head from garchomp, can OHKO opposing Fairies since if not, Garchomp is effectively dead or close to fainting

- Medicham: Is Zen headbutt better than psycho cut?? Psycho cut hits have decent 70 BP + stab and 100 accuracy right? Not too mention if I use medichamite (later in the game), wouldnt that means losing valuable accuracy on not perfectly accurate moves? or is the pros outweighs this?

- Umbreon: I will give leftovers to umbreon as soon as I find one 

- I forgot to mention that I got a riolu from wonder trade so do you think Lucario would be a great addition instead of Iron Head Garchomp?

Edited by Veras Lexritz

45 minutes ago, Veras Lexritz said:

On a more serious note, in this current run, I'm still at the Chess Gym(?) what is that 8th gym i think. So I don't think I have access to togekiss yet correct me if i'm wrong. But I really like the idea

I'm sure you know where to look it up but If i have to guess it's available after like the 14th badge? Not sure though, could be way off as well.

- For Greninja I have a question. Since Choice Items locks the pokemon to a single move + stat boost, wouldn't that defeats the purpose of protean Greninja? This is speaking only about PvE content not PVP since I dont do PVP seriously: Say for example I have my greninja against a pokemon with electric type moves. The AI would choose the electric type move since its super effective right? But since Greninja is faster (most probably), I can use moves like smack down and change my type, so it wont be super effective anymore. I wouldnt have that option if choice'd right?

Well this also depends if you're playing on shift or set. If you're playing on shift you'll most likely switch out to the mon who will OHKO him or just the mon with the better match up against the mon you're opponent is switching in. If that's the case you'll probably be better off with a specs one so you're certain of OHKO'ing when you're switching it in. Greninja is frail so you don't want it to take (big) hits so you'd better OHKO stuff.

But when you're playing on set it might come in handy to change your typing during the match yh, because you might need to take a hit so changing your type can make it easier. But mostly you're better off switching to another mon anyways.

But in overall mostly the purpose of Protean is to gain a STAB attack bonus, so your attacks hit 1.5 times harder. It can be used defensively but that's not that common and great.

- Garchomp: the coverage against fairy types with iron head is a great idea. The only doubt I have is, whether a nonstab Iron head from garchomp, can OHKO opposing Fairies since if not, Garchomp is effectively dead or close to fainting

Nope, definitely won't 😛 . But once Swords Dance is available it will be.

- Medicham: Is Zen headbutt better than psycho cut?? Psycho cut hits have decent 70 BP + stab and 100 accuracy right? Not too mention if I use medichamite (later in the game), wouldnt that means losing valuable accuracy on not perfectly accurate moves? or is the pros outweighs this?

I personally prefer the increase of 10 BP with the decrease of 10% accuracy. Also because zen headbutt has a chance to flinch the opponent. And 2 hits are always better than 1 crit. 

- I forgot to mention that I got a riolu from wonder trade so do you think Lucario would be a great addition instead of Iron Head Garchomp?

I think that your ground type is too valuable, you could switch it out for a excadrill though but that one won't be available for a long time either.

5 hours ago, N1Dude said:

I think that your ground type is too valuable, you could switch it out for a excadrill though but that one won't be available for a long time either.

What I mean here is not replacing garchomp with lucario, rather have the role of beating fairy types to lucario with its steel type moves. So the team would look something like: Lucario, Garchomp, Greninja, Umbreon, Volcarona/Arcanine + Future Togekiss.

Why? Because Stab. And also, the loss of Psychic type STAB for poison types is taken care of by Greninja with Extrasensory + Protean. Also I think having Lucario will add better versatility to the team instead of medicham correct me if i'm wrong. Ofc I can use Roserade to beat fairies but as discussed earlier, Roserade is better off switched with a future Togekiss right?

Just now, Veras Lexritz said:

What I mean here is not replacing garchomp with lucario, rather have the role of beating fairy types to lucario with its steel type moves. So the team would look something like: Lucario, Garchomp, Greninja, Umbreon, Volcarona/Arcanine + Future Togekiss.

Why? Because Stab. And also, the loss of Psychic type STAB for poison types is taken care of by Greninja with Extrasensory + Protean. Also I think having Lucario will add better versatility to the team instead of medicham correct me if i'm wrong. Ofc I can use Roserade to beat fairies but as discussed earlier, Roserade is better off switched with a future Togekiss right?

Well, I'd keep Medicham for now for 2 reasons:

1. Lucario would give you a third fighting type weakness and without your future togekiss you're going to have a bad time against this typing.

2. He doesn't get (good) steel type moves for level up.

He gets metal claw and that's it. When you're a couple of badges further you'll be able to teach your Lucario Iron Tail (75% accurate) through move tutor and even further in the game you could make your lucario special because you'll get the flash cannon TM after the steel type gym. But that early it's not great if you want to add him to the team for the steel type attacks.

Or you just happen to have a Smeargle with Meteor Mash because then you'd be able to breed him that (😛) but otherwise in my opinion Pure Power medicham is better.

But if you want to hit Fairy types better but steel keep your fighting type i'd suggest toxicroak. He gets sludge bomb (and nasty plot) and poison jab by level up. His fighting type attacks are limited though, but you can breed for some pretty decent moves like cross chop and drain punch.

38 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

Well, I'd keep Medicham for now for 2 reasons:

1. Lucario would give you a third fighting type weakness and without your future togekiss you're going to have a bad time against this typing.

2. He doesn't get (good) steel type moves for level up.

He gets metal claw and that's it. When you're a couple of badges further you'll be able to teach your Lucario Iron Tail (75% accurate) through move tutor and even further in the game you could make your lucario special because you'll get the flash cannon TM after the steel type gym. But that early it's not great if you want to add him to the team for the steel type attacks.

Or you just happen to have a Smeargle with Meteor Mash because then you'd be able to breed him that (😛) but otherwise in my opinion Pure Power medicham is better.

But if you want to hit Fairy types better but steel keep your fighting type i'd suggest toxicroak. He gets sludge bomb (and nasty plot) and poison jab by level up. His fighting type attacks are limited though, but you can breed for some pretty decent moves like cross chop and drain punch.

Alright then. Getting Flash Canon would be nice later since I dont think I've ever gotten that far yet hahaha. I think I'm going to stick with this team for a while until I can make the changes u suggested 

Anyway, thankyou so much for the replies man, helped me out a lot 😄 

4 hours ago, Veras Lexritz said:

Alright then. Getting Flash Canon would be nice later since I dont think I've ever gotten that far yet hahaha. I think I'm going to stick with this team for a while until I can make the changes u suggested 

Anyway, thankyou so much for the replies man, helped me out a lot 😄 

You're welcome, if you need anything (items, mons, knowledge, anything) feel free to ask 🙂