Talonflame or Flareon

GingerBoss

Just now, GingerBoss said:

Never used either of those mons for a playthrough and I don't know which I should use. Also, if you have any suggestions feel free to leave them too.

Hmm. Definitel, Talonflame, Its a ability Gale Wings, makes flying type moves gget priority at full hp, it has a high speed stat, and a good attack stat. It oculd be also used as support, with Roost for recover hp. Tailwind which boost your team speed. A priority Brave Bird, that's no other pokemon have. 

As for Flareon, I may like it too much, but it is more Attack-Focused, having one of the most powerful Flare Blitz at the date (which Talonflame has access too) and no many movesets. It also has a speed stat that can clearly get outspeeded. 

So, I'll go for Talonflame

There's no comparison between the two honestly even after the Gen VII nerf to Talonflame. Talonflame can function well defensively and offensively, has a diverse movepool and one of the best speed stats in-game.

Flareon is notably slower, does not have 

the level up learnset that Talonflame enjoys - Ember while evolving? Not a single move above 40 BP other than Flare Blitz? No moves learnt after level 41?!

You'll have to depend on TMs or move tutor moves to make the most of this one.

Also has terrible bulk aside from special defense so it might go down to even resisted hits.

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

I tried using talonflame but he was just useless in my team so I replaced him with crobat, not a single regret. I did not have a single fire type until I got growlithe before 6th gym LOL

The reason for this is because although Talonflame is great, it's not great in-game as it takes time to get as good as it is, get the offensive fire typing that makes it dominant and has terrible stats pre-evolution.

If using it at all, I'd recommend using it after hitting the 40 level barrier

If you want physical fire types I'll recommend one of my favorites: Darmanitan

Yeah gonna have to agree with @RedAlert, I like Flareon a lot but its movepool is terrible and it doesn't really bring anything to the team along with terrible physical defense. Also decided to check serebii (keep that bookmarked if you want to check moves/what not) Flareon being the genius that it is learns fucking RAINY DAY...why...why does a pure fire type learn rainy day. Gamefreak doesn't know how to pokeman sometimes. Choose Talonflame or if you want to dominate just go with Charizard since it was is and will always be amazing.

Talonflame. there is no debating this. Talonflame is not only faster and more fersitile, but Flareon is quite simply quite bad. low speed, low def, low HP, only really good for phys attack, bad movepool... need I even give a plus to Talonflame at this point?