• Electric
    • Steel
    • Bug
    • Ghost
    • Flying
    • Grass
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey guys, I have really been interested in Monoruns recently. I completed a poison monorun for E18 (by far my favourite type, i show Corey how poisons are actually supposed to be played). I am also pretty far in a rock monotype run. Since its impossible to do a vanilla run, I started with anorith and lileep.

Anyways I want to do a new monorun, that hasnt been done often on these boards. Please help me choose. I prefer to do a vanilla run, without hacking or using cheat engine or anything, however, if you convince me in the comment section I will do it. I like the following types: Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Steel, Electric, Grass, Bug. If you guys like any other uncommon montype runs please suggest them and give a reasoning as to why I should try it.

I will post screenshots of the adventure if you guys want as well. Its all up to the community. Please vote. 

I wanna see a electric type monorun. In the beggining, you can get pachirisu on Opal Bridge or zigzagoon if you're unlucky. tynamo during rain in one of the peridot alleyways, blitlze during thunderstorm by Julia's gym, and joltik from the house in peridot whose power is out. Galvantula with compound eyes and thunder after wide lens boost (Route 1 Nature center 3rd floor for wide lens location) make Thunder have 98% accuracy instead of 70. Fun facts. I can't remember if he learns it by level up. Giga Drain in Neo reborn as Move tutor.  Eelektross can get crunch and learn flamethrower by TM. Grass knot for route 3 caves pre-youknowwho hostage taking. I would suggest using RPGMaker debug to get Tapu Koko but that would make it WAYYY to easy. At least if you did, make him have telepathy Hidden ability instead of electric surge. More challenging.

I am definitely considering it. I like a lot of the electric mons and the game is going to be decently difficult with it.

If I do end up with electric, I am likely not adding any mons through trade or rpg maker. I like the game better when it's natural.

25 minutes ago, Tempest Blaze said:

I wanna see a electric type monorun. In the beggining, you can get pachirisu on Opal Bridge or zigzagoon if you're unlucky. tynamo during rain in one of the peridot alleyways, blitlze during thunderstorm by Julia's gym, and joltik from the house in peridot whose power is out. Galvantula with compound eyes and thunder after wide lens boost (Route 1 Nature center 3rd floor for wide lens location) make Thunder have 98% accuracy instead of 70. Fun facts. I can't remember if he learns it by level up. Giga Drain in Neo reborn as Move tutor.  Eelektross can get crunch and learn flamethrower by TM. Grass knot for route 3 caves pre-youknowwho hostage taking. I would suggest using RPGMaker debug to get Tapu Koko but that would make it WAYYY to easy. At least if you did, make him have telepathy Hidden ability instead of electric surge. More challenging.

Walnot has a mod that allows you to choose your starter so you wouldn't have to trade to get one or be stuck with a traditional starter allowing you to start right away, he also has one that as woon as you get badge and TMX you can use them without having a 'HM' slave which is nice being able to surf without a water type or cut down trees/vines without a pokemon to have to do so

I voted for Ghost as there is actuallly a decent amount you can get steadily throughout the game, counting Rowlett since he will become Decidueye.

Another idea here, but I feel like a Normal Type playthrough could be very challenging but fun too! Normal is an extremely versatile type and there are some unique pokemon multi-typed with normal: Sawsbuck- Normal/Grass, Drampa- Normal/Dragon, Braviary- Normal/Flying, Wigglytuff Normal/Fairy, Diggersby Normal/Ground, Bibarel Normal/Water, Bewear Normal/Fighting, Oranguru Normal/Psychic, Heliolisk Eletric/Normal, Pyroar Fire/Normal. Like you could put together a really unique team with the normal typing that I feel often gets overlooked. The challenge here is that there are A LOT of fighting types that you will encounter, as well as steel/rock which can make a normal playthrough rough early on.

Edited by jbastian1

I voted on Ghost because it's a really cool type and there are some cool mons you can use even early on, you could start with Rowlett as it'll be Ghost, you can also get Golett towards the 3rd gym IIRC as well as shuppet, pumpkaboo, and misdreavus much later if you'd want to wait, beware during this run if you do it though, Shade will be hella tough!

I vote Bug no surprises there because it is fun, needs thinking and not just brute forcing through battles and Bugs are abundant so you won't have to trade any mons in.

Regardless of your choice, have fun!