Starvation Mafia[Gingerbread Man and Town won]

DigitalAmber

• Veterans

so after taking a look at the roles listed on the epicmafia site, it's possible that newt could be insane or confused, but it seems like there are also roles that would be able to check that.

i'd assume that if there are confused/insane role variants, then there is also someone who can check whether those variants apply.

does anyone have a role that can do that?
if so, then it might be worth waiting a day to have them check newt and see if he's correct about kiet.

if not, then it's probably just safe to take newt at his word and lynch him after if it doesn't work out.

• Global Mods

As much as I'd like to remove my vote from Kiet, he hasn't really said anything worth doing so. My vote remains because it's very easy to claim vanilla townie in a setup like this. I'm willing to take the chance that Newt isn't the Lyncher, however if he is and Kiet gets lynched then there's no point in lynching or killing Newt as he wins either way. If he is the Lyncher, he can choose who to side with unless Amber made it a third party role.

Since there's nothing else striking at me either way, there's no real reason for me to remove my vote on Kiet at the moment. I'm willing to give Newt the benefit of the doubt. Besides, every time I avoid a bandwagon that ends up being mafia, I end up getting lynched. 😛

Unfortunately, regarding my role, I can't really state anything because I don't have a useful ability. If I was of more importance, I'd probably state so.

35 minutes ago, purplecicada said:

As much as I'd like to remove my vote from Kiet, he hasn't really said anything worth doing so. My vote remains because it's very easy to claim vanilla townie in a setup like this. I'm willing to take the chance that Newt isn't the Lyncher, however if he is and Kiet gets lynched then there's no point in lynching or killing Newt as he wins either way. If he is the Lyncher, he can choose who to side with unless Amber made it a third party role.

Since there's nothing else striking at me either way, there's no real reason for me to remove my vote on Kiet at the moment. I'm willing to give Newt the benefit of the doubt. Besides, every time I avoid a bandwagon that ends up being mafia, I end up getting lynched. 😛

Unfortunately, regarding my role, I can't really state anything because I don't have a useful ability. If I was of more importance, I'd probably state so.

it would be silly to lynch you for being logical and saying to yourself, i would rather see some significant reason to trust the word of one person over another before sentencing someone to lynch without question

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Lord Drakyle said:

it would be silly to lynch you for being logical and saying to yourself, i would rather see some significant reason to trust the word of one person over another before sentencing someone to lynch without question

Whilst I agree with you, Kiet hasn't exactly defended himself. That alone would cause some questions.

Just now, purplecicada said:

Whilst I agree with you, Kiet hasn't exactly defended himself. That alone would cause some questions.

Hard to defend oneself really anyway all he can do is deny Newt's claims, we can't trust any roleclaim he makes more than Newt's roleclaims.

11 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

See? I'm telling you, he's very crafty.

Anyaways I'm just trying to get some conversation going on. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about mimi.

Well I'm not familiar with mimi's playstyle... And nothing particularly strikes me from that comment anyway.

10 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

@Alarisyou mentioned intentionally not discussing the crazy cat lady further or something? what was that for, how would it help us or what not in not talking much about the role? knowing more and understanding more about roles in the game helps.

I said the whole name of the role, so anybody could have checked that up. Putting the link here only seemed like an effort to look townish.

10 hours ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

I mean even if i roleclaim, you won't trust me regardless, cause i have nothing to prove, that Newts report is corrupted or wrong.

But here it comes. RNG strikes me with the best role Mafia games ever gave out:

I am a plain villager. HOORAY 😒

I have no night actions or anything.

So if i die, Town doesn't really loose an important role at least.

Tbh I don't know how to interpret this. If I were to die anyway, I'd have claimed a power role to save my ass. Like 'I'm the cop', or 'I'm the doctor'. The real ones wouldn't counterclaim anyway. That would've been especially useful if you were mafia, so...

4 hours ago, andracass said:

okay, going through the list of roles (which there are a lot) i have also found this:

https://epicmafia.com/role/140

slightly less inclined to join on this bandwagon now.

Hmmmm that's indeed another possibility. That role's quite OP in the sense that it can always claim cop and lynch a random person with that excuse. Especially during the first day, when the chances of the real cop having checked the target are slim.

---

I was willing to follow that only lead, but now I'm less sure. @Newt just to be clear, are you the cop? You've soft-claimed anyway, so this doesn't actually change your being in the danger zone.

• Global Mods

I've noticed that Kiet was very reluctant to claim on day one, only to come back with the fact he's a "vanilla townie". Not sure what to make of that to be honest.

It's really hard to make a solid accusation or defense this early in the game, this is pretty much Newt's word vs Kiet's. At least it gives us a starting point and someone to lynch day 1.

I like the point Nicki made earlier, 

3 hours ago, purplecicada said:

I've noticed that Kiet was very reluctant to claim on day one, only to come back with the fact he's a "vanilla townie". Not sure what to make of that to be honest.

it's weird that Kiet's first post was about how he didnt want to roleclaim this early just to reveal himself as vanilla townie a bit later. It feels a bit dishonest (?) but maybe Kiet had his reasons, I'd like to hear more from him. 

It doesn't feel totally right how newt revealed himself as the cop right away either, even if he had valuable information. I'm a bit on the fence.

6 hours ago, purplecicada said:

Well with a playerlist of every possibility, i didn't want to roleclaim first and be a target for a werewolf/coyote, but after realizing the only way i could gain some trust is to roleclaim, i did it regardless.

Unfortunately i am a vanilla townie, so jeah that helps it a lot.

6 hours ago, Alaris said:

Tbh I don't know how to interpret this. If I were to die anyway, I'd have claimed a power role to save my ass. Like 'I'm the cop', or 'I'm the doctor'. The real ones wouldn't counterclaim anyway. That would've been especially useful if you were mafia, so... 

Well i could have fake claimed a usefull role, just to save my ass, but i thought being honest would be better.

@Hooky How should i convince you, if i have nothing to defend myself anyways 😞

Just as some pointed out, how should i even defend myself at this point in the game?

If you think i am suspicious, cause i can't defend myself, then idk.

I mean i don't mind beeing the sacrificial lamb on day1. It just sucks, that there is nothing i can do to defend myself against those claims. Or to die that early in a game again. 😭

Honestly; I'm going to vote someone who joined the bandwagon late. It's very easy to vote kiet and just say: "Well; he hasn't defended himself at all". What do you suppose he should say when the accusation is literally "He is mafia and I can prove it but I won't so trust me please." I wouldn't know what to say either. 

My vote goes to Jace, since he joined the bandwagon late and did not say much. [Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk

I agree with Lía. You can't really have anything to defend against "[player] is mafia" other than "no I'm not", especially this early during D1.

To be honest, it's nice to actually see some discussion going on in D1 since most of the players are speaking out, rather than just random voting. It was pretty common in where I originally played mafia. Though the blind following of the bandwagon of some persons is kinda suspicious to me. 🤔

The thing is, if Newt is the cop, he could either be paranoid or insane cop if Kiet's telling the truth about his role. There's also a possibility that he could be the Lyncher, as Cass found the role in EM and what Alaris said.

I was thinking Kiet could be a Miller, but since he claimed Vanilla then I dunno,,,

• Global Mods

I think it may be wise to take a look at everyone's behaviour during this day phase. There isn't much more I can say regarding Kiet or Newt, but the best thing to do would be to keep an eye out.

Alright, let's see... kiet will probably be lynched today because that bw has taken way too much inertia... and newt's claim might be genuine but wrong. We end up at the very start... brilliant xD

At least, if newt's a 'useless' cop variant (sowwy u.u), there should probably be a real cop too, right?

I'll just vote kiet back just in case I can't make it tomorrow [Eliminate] Kiet

27 minutes ago, Alaris said:

Alright, let's see... kiet will probably be lynched today because that bw has taken way too much inertia... and newt's claim might be genuine but wrong. We end up at the very start... brilliant xD

At least, if newt's a 'useless' cop variant (sowwy u.u), there should probably be a real cop too, right?

I'll just vote kiet back just in case I can't make it tomorrow [Eliminate] Kiet

Why would you vote Kiet if he ''Will probably be lynched today''? I don't see the reason.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:34 AM, DigitalAmber said:

(3) Day Phase lasts for 48 hours. Players must make at least 2 posts and vote per day phase. Failure to meet this requirement for two day phases (even non consecutive) will result in replacement or mod intervention.

Reiterating that I don't see a point in lynching Newt tomorrow. Given his claim, he is most likely:

Some form of Cop who happened to investigate. If he's normal and he's right, then great, we caught a Maf. - Do Not Lynch

If he's an Insane Cop, then we can still use him because all of his claims are just reverse, I think? He's still Town. - Do Not Lynch(?)

If he's the Lyncher then he's already won and we know he's a Third Party. The Town's goal is to hunt Mafia and hostile Third Parties, so lynching him is a waste of time. - Do Not Lynch

If he's the Jester, then he wants to be lynched tomorrow and we're just wasting time. - See above.

I don't believe Newt is a Mafia because of how bold his claim was this early into the game. He drew way too much attention to himself from the start, and he seems to have predicted and played along with the idea that everyone will want to Lynch him D2 anyways. The Mafia would want to bring as little attention to themselves.

Any other role wouldn't make sense to make a play like this, I think.

TLDR; don't lynch Newt D2 it's a waste of time

That said, I am not saying this to defend Newt, but rather to focus on more productive actions.