I never thought that Pichu would be as good as it is right now. And I'm proud of it.

ShadeStrider

Look at you, Pichu. Placing high at tournaments. That's my adorable self-destructive little mouse. And to think I wasn't thinking of him when voting on the Smash Ballot, all those years ago.

Granted, I do prefer playing as Falco. But this board is for Pichu.

Granted, he still has his weaknesses. If he gets hit by a strong attack at anything above 50, he dies. But that doesn't stop his ridiculous combo game and his frame data, which works with his small hurtbox and relatively fast speed. I don't think he'll be sitting all the way at the top, but he'll sit at a very respectable place among the Sword Characters, the Spacies, Solid Snake, etc. 

Even if he's no longer a joke character, I'll still pick him over Pikachu anyday. I love this little guy,

If, by some miracle, he makes it to the very top, then he'll probably be the most respectable top tier, due to the fact that you can't just spam Shine, Mach Tornado, Cloud's Up-air, Falco's Down-air, etc. to win. He damages himself, so Skilled players have to be careful with what attacks they throw out.

I hope he never gets cut from a Smash Bros game, ever.

He has been a pleasant surprise to play I've been playing with him a decent bit recently. I've been having a lot of fun pulling off some nice combos and he just looks so cute on the field. Generally I rotate between him, Cloud, and the various Fire emblem characters. I'm really just counting down the days for my boy Joker to get here. 

I personally think he is overrated and that his high tournament placements are being carried by amazing players, not the character.  Only move of his I am scared of his is forward smash.  Other then that, he can’t zone, poke, or play safe.  And that is one HUGE thing that makes Pikachu good, that Pika can both play super aggressively and super passively.  There is also the fact that pikachu’s Biggest weakness is that he has Stubbs where his arms and legs should be, and if his limbs are stubs, then what does that make pichu’s?

On 1/8/2019 at 12:00 PM, G'doots said:

I personally think he is overrated and that his high tournament placements are being carried by amazing players, not the character.  Only move of his I am scared of his is forward smash.  Other then that, he can’t zone, poke, or play safe.  And that is one HUGE thing that makes Pikachu good, that Pika can both play super aggressively and super passively.  There is also the fact that pikachu’s Biggest weakness is that he has Stubbs where his arms and legs should be, and if his limbs are stubs, then what does that make pichu’s?

So you aren’t afraid of his down air or down tilt?

It’s really not his f-smash you should be worried about. It’s his forward aerial, f tilt, d air, and up air you should be worried about.

And of course thunder.

Most of my characters out range f-tilt.  The only character I play that I may have to worry about those moves with is Squirtle, but if I am at kill percent, I probably will have tagged to Ivy or Zard.  Also Pikachu has those same aerials.  Only aerial Pika and Pichu don’t share, Pika got the better deal on.